SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-17-2007, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Importing Videos From Vista File Share

After I upgraded my main machine to Vista SageTV, which is still running under XP, is no longer able to import DVD's from that file share. I've corrected the file permissions after my upgrade, etc. But still nothing. Windows explorer is able to browse the files just fine. I can browse to that location inside SageTV to add the folder. But it never sees that I have a bunch of DVD VOB folders in there. They used to work just fine. The only thing that has changed is the operating system. This is just kind of weird. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I've kind of solved my problem and as I suspected it had nothing to do with Vista on the other system. What it does seem to have something to with is running SageTV in Service mode.

There is apparently some discordance with the information that the SageTV service and the program itself pass between each other as is evidenced by the fact that you can also not use the USB-UIRT device in service mode. While I recognize it's probably because only one excecutable at a time can use the USB-UIRT it still rather dissapointing. This still doesn't explain why a networked imported video library would stop working when the service is used.