SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:28 AM
Sage User

Question Cant tune DVB-T with 6.1.3

Installed latest beta over 6.0.19. Now no channels tune. Uninstalled completely and did a clean install of 6.1.3 and again can't tune and this version doesn't seem to create the same *.frq files that the previous one did. Has something changed? is there a new working way of tuning DVB-T in 6.1.3.I've tried scanning for channels but SageTV finds nothing.
Gone back to 6.0.19 and all OK again? Any help appreciated as it's probably something stupid i've missed .
I'm using 2x Hauppauge HVR-1300's.
Thanks Dave
Old 02-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

Haven't tried scanning, but did an in-place upgrade of 6.0.19 to 6.1.3 and my DVB-T channels are all still working (so far as I've tested anyway), so must still be using the FRQ files...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage User

Smile Bug in DshowCapture.dll

Hi All
Submitted a bug report and turns out that there was a bug in the DShowCapture.dll file with Hauppauge cards. Replaced this with one sent by Qian and hey presto works a treat. Thanks Qian brilliant service

I've attached it in case anybody else has same issue

Cheers Dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip DShowCapture.ZIP (85.1 KB, 236 views)
Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I've attached it in case anybody else has same issue
I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this!

I found the updated DShowCapture.dll file in this thread in a link from another thread.

The updated DShowCapture.dll file fixes the 'No Signal' issue with the Hauppauge Nova-T 500, where the card would tune all TV channels without any problems, but would then show 'No Signal' for all the tuned channels when viewed.

I assume that this updated file will be included in the next release candidate of SageTV, and then in the final release?

Steve.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Sage User

Question Nova-T 500 ?

Hi Steve
Glad it fixed your issue also. As a matter of interest how does the Nova-T500 perform,I was thinking of changing my twin HVR-1300's for 2 of these as a way of adding more tuners as my slimline desktop case only has 2 PCI slots. Has anybody installed 2of these ? Any known problems ?

Thanks Dave
Old 03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0zjh02
I was thinking of changing my twin HVR-1300's for 2 of these as a way of adding more tuners as my slimline desktop case only has 2 PCI slots.
Well, if you have spare PCI-X slots you can save the PCI slots and use the Terratec dual tuner instead - maximise the tuner count...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Sage User

Unfortunately Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Well, if you have spare PCI-X slots you can save the PCI slots and use the Terratec dual tuner instead - maximise the tuner count...
Unfortunately my server is only a DELL GX270,2 x Std PCI slots (with the 2 x HVR-1300's and 1 x Half Height AGP with a ATI 9600 se card) but thanks for the suggestion
Dave
Old 03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Sage User

Doesn't look too promising...

I've just downloaded SageTV 6.1.4, and the DShowCapture.dll file is a later version (dated 6th March) than that in 6.1.3 (dated 16th Feb) but doesn't appear to contain the fix. When I replace it with the version attached in this thread (dated 19th Feb) my Hauppauge Nova-T 500 works again.

Quote:
As a matter of interest how does the Nova-T500 perform
Performs perfectly in Windows Vista Media Center, and also in SageTV using the file in this thread.

Quote:
Well, if you have spare PCI-X slots you can save the PCI slots and use the Terratec dual tuner instead
I have a Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT in addition to my Hauppauge Nova-T 500. When I've decided which one I like, I'm going to eBay the other. I've found that the Terratec card has many issues, in both XP and Vista. When googling for the issues, it seems the issues are very common.

In both OSs, the Cinergy starts to stutter after about 5 mins with SageTV 6.0.19 and 6.1.4. In Vista, the Cinergy Vista drivers won't even install, the XP drivers have to be used instead. Seems to work okay with SageTV though, which although the picture stutters, the recordings seem to be okay. In Vista, the Cinergy will tune channels in Windows Media Center, but then displays 'No Signal' when viewing the channels. Bizarrely, this is exactly the same problem the Hauppauge Nova-T 500 has in XP with SageTV!

It's worth pointing out, however, that the Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT is officially supported by Sage, but the Hauppauge Nova-T 500 isn't.

Based on the performance and the current state of the drivers for each card, I would definitely recommend the Hauppauge over the Terratec.

Steve.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

I've not used the Hauppauge, but I have spent a little time with the Terratecs. I did the initial DVB-T testing for Sage with that card.

I can tell you that I have no stutter with the Cinergy at any point, with live TV or recordings. It is rock-solid, and I have 3 of these cards in my rig. I think that it is very important that you get the correct drivers - the .260 drivers are awful, completely unreliable, the .255 are very good but you have to be careful to apply them to all three components of the card. Then it should be fine.

Don't have Vista. Tried it, and I think you'd be mad to use it on your HTPC. But if you are using the Vista drivers with the Cinergy then talk to Sage if they don't work, it's in their interest to get it working.

I'd never use the Hauppauges anyway - don't have the free PCI slots...
Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Rick, just a quick clarification

PCI-X is not the same as

PCI-e

The Terratec is PCI-e.

I have been using a Terratec 2400i DT for almost a year without issues. If you are seeing stuttering on live tv try skipping back about 30 seconds. Sometimes giving a little buffer helps smooth the playback.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschweig
PCI-X is not the same as
PCI-e
D'Oh! Sorry, I need help with the technical stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschweig
If you are seeing stuttering on live tv try skipping back about 30 seconds. Sometimes giving a little buffer helps smooth the playback.
Do you need to? I don't, not with the Terratecs - in fact, not with anything.