SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

"Ability to embed a Web browser in SageTV to access web interfaces"

The Sage Studio description says:

"Some of the other capabilities of SageTV Studio include... Ability to embed a Web browser in SageTV to access web interfaces."

I've spent some time reading the Studio manual, looking at examples, and reading the Sage API specs. I haven't seen the light on how one can embed a browser such as the HTML rendering within FireFox or IE. I have done so for a VB6 app unrelated to Sage.

My goal is to permit menus in Sage that lead to URLs where one merely view the website, scroll vertically, then close that web site. No clicking on links in a web site. And do so for the MVP.

TIA
Old 07-06-2007, 02:24 AM
SageTVaholic

There are 4 related thread in the 'Similar threads' list below... 'Search' is your friend...

In summary: it's possible. It does not work very well on the server/client UI's. It does not work at all on the MVP's and Placeshifters.

For an MVP, you would have to run the browser externally, take screenshots, save them, then display the images in Sage.

It is possible to display the web page text in Sage (see my plugin, which uses a text-mode web browser to render the page) . It is also possible to display images on websites in Sage (Google Video thumbnails are loaded directly from the website)
Old 07-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

thanks. The MVP story is what I suspected. Currently, I have the PC's video-out going to the TV's composite-in and Sage to the S-video in. The PC feeds web pages such as webcams around the world, using my own VB6 app (used for years). So we have to toggle the TV back and forth, and there are two UIs and, pre-MVP, two PCs, one for Sage.

I'm changing this to use an MVP for Sage to TV. The other will stay the same. The PC with VB65 is in the garage, coax to living room TV.

Last edited by stevech; 07-06-2007 at 12:13 PM.