SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Netflix "Watch it Now" integration?

Anyone know if Netflix's "Watch it Now" streaming movie service has an API that Sage could tap into? I'd actually use those free hours if they were accessible from within Sage.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Sage Icon

I have no idea if there is any way that Sage could integrate it but, if it could, it would be worth 100 youtube/GoogleVideo integrations.

Scott
Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Sage User

This would be a great addition to SAGETV. I think the Windows Media Center folks are able to integrate it.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

probably due to DRM integration. if it takes that, i for one will pass on it.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
probably due to DRM integration. if it takes that, i for one will pass on it.
It's not a bad thing, though. Unlike other rental operations like Unbox or even worse, Vongo, this one doesn't really have the 24 hour viewing period. I watched only 5 minutes of a movie and when I checked a day later, it only deducted 5 minutes of time instead of the entire movie length.

If you have a plan with unlimited rentals, this is a decent way to watch a movie at a moment's notice. Sure it has DRM, but I don't plan on keeping it after I watch it. I just wish they could find a way to make it be a video-to-go thing for portable players...... :/

Lauren
Old 08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Sage User

So netflix watch it now works for you?

Here's my problem. I get a DRM error when I try and watch a movie through netflix. I was on the phone with netflix for 35 minutes and all he could think of was that because I had my computer hooked up to my TV via a S-Video cable. I tried using watch it now on two other computers on my network and it worked fine. Is sage or the sage service messing with it? My specs are in my signature, with the exception of Sage related things, everything is "stock"
Dell Inspiron 530 desktop, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 ghz, 6 gigs of RAM, 1 WesternDigital 750 gig hard drive partitioned in 75 gig/675 gig, 1 Seagate 2 TeraByte Hard drive: 1 HDHR Prime-CC, 1 Hauppauge HD-PVR with Hauppauge 45 button remote with blaster to control 1 Explorer 4640HDC, Windows 7 64bit SP1 all updates applied, SageTV 9.1.7.757, Java v1.7.0_79, SageTV Webserver v3.3, SageTV Mobile Web Interface v2.1.0.47, 2 Hauppauge MediaMPVs & 1 Helius MPV.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I have no DRM issues with netflix and the quality is excellent. If Sage were to integrate it the WAF would be major.

Big. Huge.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgode View Post
Here's my problem. I get a DRM error when I try and watch a movie through netflix. I was on the phone with netflix for 35 minutes and all he could think of was that because I had my computer hooked up to my TV via a S-Video cable. I tried using watch it now on two other computers on my network and it worked fine. Is sage or the sage service messing with it? My specs are in my signature, with the exception of Sage related things, everything is "stock"
I've used Netflix VoD on the my Sage TV Client PC with no problems. It is hooked up to my TV using a DVI cable. Works fine when Sage is running.
Might be something to do with Windows Media Player on that machine?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I currently can't watch Netflix movies because of DRM errors. The C00D11B1 WMP error code which identifies as a DRM error is likely an issue with video/audio drivers according to Netflix support.

I spent hours trying to get the Watch it Now feature to work and randomly got a movie to play, but after tweaking my drivers, I was unable to get anything else to play back. The Netflix support guy told me it was likely because I was using component cables, but that doesn't add up as it worked that one time.

Look to your drivers. I really think that is where the problem is. . .
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to teknubic Send a message via AIM to teknubic Send a message via MSN to teknubic Send a message via Yahoo to teknubic
I have my client using NetFlix VoD without any problems now. I had gobs of issues with DRM and their special player, etc. I gave up fighting it and just gave it what it wanted.
I have mine connected via component.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Sage Expert

just realized i have a bunch of "free" "watch it now" movies - apparently i get a few each month with my 3 DVD at a time setting. i'm watching Zoolander now via this function, it worked very simply and very quickly - quality is "eh" - it looks about equal to a a 700 MB h.264 file, but being able to say "hey, let's watch..." and be watching it within about 10 seconds is pretty sweet.

SageTV integration (or figuring out an easy way to launch an external app, etc) would be pretty sweet.
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 06-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Anyone know if Netflix's "Watch it Now" streaming movie service has an API that Sage could tap into? I'd actually use those free hours if they were accessible from within Sage.
I know this is a really old thread but Netflix integration for Watch it Now would be a killer feature for SageTV. Even if it can only be watched on the server. I know there is DRM but even if Sage could just somehow list the movies and then launch IE to play the movie independent of Sage that would be GREAT!!!

Netflix keeps getting better and they are pushing for the content providers to add mainstream content to their system. There goal seems to be to replace their disc rental model altogether.

I'd love Sage to be a part of that.

-Nyle
Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe there is a Netflix plugin for SAGEMC that does just that. Check the customization forum.