SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Sage User

is there a tuner priority

Hi folks,

I am new to sage tv, but I gotta say that I like it a lot.

I currently have three tuners and I am waiting for one more to go on sale. Anyway, I have two internal FusionHDTV tuners and one USB Pinnacle tuner. Not all tuners are created equally, for example, FusionHDTV tuners change channels much faster than the Pinnacle, and they also have much much better analog tuning. On the otherside of the coin, the Pinnacle is noticably more sensitive and can pick up channels the others only catch in good weather, which is why I ask about tuner priority. I would like to get schedule information from the online guide service, and have only the Pinnacle tuner get certain channels, so I don't end up recording a blank. Is there a good way to do this?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage Icon

there is encoder_merit that is set in sage.properties that will allow you to set your preference in the order that you would prefer Sage to use the tuners. It is not absolute, only a preference. If you open up sage.properties, with Sage completely shut down, you will see encoder_merit=0 in the config section for each tuner. If you change the 0 to a higher number, it will prefer the tuners in order from highest to lowest.

If you have access to a second EPG source, a neighboring city perhaps, you could have one source for the Fusions with the "blank" channels disabled and another source for the Pinnacle with all the channels.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.