SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV + HDHR = No guide data for channels

My issues is that I've got SageTV on WHS, with 1 - analog tuner (PVR250), and 1 HDHR. I can see all teh channel data for the analog tuner, but there is no channel or guise data (says "no data") for the channels mapped to the HDHR.

I'm on Charter Cable on Knoxville, TN (37932 zipcode). I've verified the HDHR is setup, I can see the Clear QAM channels in the VLC player, I can even view them in SageTV, if I select the channel. BUT..... I cannot schedule any recordings on the HD channels because there is nothing to go by in the guide.

The PVR250 is setup using the Charter - Farragut/Loudon Basic, and the HDHR is setup using the Charter - Farragut/Loudon Digital. I've tried to manually remap the channels in Sage for the HDHR, and to have Sage scan for them, and I get the same results each time.

If I remove the HDHR from the setup, and change the PVR250 to use the Charter - Farragut/Loudon Digital lineup, I can look at the channel lineup, Sagetv shows the the full line up for the channel guide. If I them look at the guide info for hte VPR250, I can see the show schedule for the channels the HDHR would be able to see.

I'm doing something that either SageTV doesn't like or the channel Guide isn't liking. Do I need to map the channels as 74-4 which is actually channel 780 on the box, in Sage as 74, or 74-4, or 780?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to physically remap the Sage channel to the first number of the three number remap in the HDHR setup. And you don't scan for the channels in Sage. Follow the instructions on the Silicondust site and you should be fine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've followed the instructions, and they do not work for me. If I follow the instructions, I get no video from the HDHR channels.

If I have SageTV scan for the channels, then I at least get video, but no guide data.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Sage Expert

There are two methods of setting up the HDHR with SageTV. If you choose to use the Channel Scan method the channels get 'added' to your guide, instead of matched against the known good guide channel and station ID data necessary to retrieve and display the electronic program guide (EPG).

As gplasky says, if you follow the HDHR setup instruction from the SiliconDust site then it will be set properly, especially:

- Choose "No - scan for channels later"
- Find the channel by Name in SageTV
- Click "Remap" for the channel in SageTV
- Enter the "x" part of the "x-y-z" remap number for that channel shown in the HDHomeRun channel editor.

These are very important if you want the Guide Data and the correct channel to be tuned.

Last edited by Conejo; 04-09-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Sage Expert

I'm surprised you weren't getter any guide data after using the Channel Scan unless SiliconDust hasn't mapped your cable system for StationIDs and StationCallSigns. The Sage TV "EPG" requires the correct StationID number (or CallSign, eg:WBIRDT, ESPNHD) be entered and associated with the QAM channel in the HDHR Setup Program in order to have a reference to pull the correct guide data.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I either did something wrong hte last 20 times I've tried this, or it's finally picked things up.

I followed the instructions again, and like each other time I removed the HDHR sources from Sage. Stopped Sage, and the service. Opened the HDHR channel editor, and scanned for channels. The same channels I've setup before where there, I changed the names of 2 or 3 that were wrong, and saved the changes. Went into Sage, added the source, and changed the physical mapping, and now the guide shows up. In fact as soon as I changed my favorites to the HD channels, my recording schedule populated with all kinds of shows I've been want to record.

Soooo, like i said I either had a brain-fart or something finally clicked and started to work right.

Thanks for everyone's help.