SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Sage User

Is there a sagetv plugin or import allowing to sort and show only current movies

I know in Sagetv I can browse all movies under the record tab. However, I just want to see (filter out) all movies showing on Dish network at the moment not all 9 days in advance. Same thing for news, sport, series, etc..

I have enable the hidden menu that allow me to have custom menue which I can assigned filter for movies, new, etc,,, but these are all up to 9 days in advance. I just need to see what on a the given moment in time only.

Can someone please let me know how. Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
in sagemc there is an option to see either all, upcoming, or currently on now movies

Last edited by wbarber69; 09-14-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Sage User

I do not see that option. I am currently using sagetv media center 6.4.8. Where is that option located? Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy1979 View Post
I do not see that option. I am currently using sagetv media center 6.4.8. Where is that option located? Thanks
SageMC is a community developed alternate user interface. It is separate from the default user interface included with SageTV as installed.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Sage User

Is this the one "SageMC16x9 Version 6.x Full Install Package". Is it much easier to use then the default sagetv interface?

Most importantly, can it display only Movies playing now? Also new, events, sports, kids show, etcc that only play now not 9 days later. Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
its basically the same as regular stv just a different look and feel with many enhancements to make your experience a little nicer I'm not sure about all your questions since I don't watch kids shows, sports, or special events, but I do know that it can help you find movies weather you want the ones already showing or if you want all the ones coming up in the next hour or so, or everything in your guide data give it a try if you don't like it you can always switch back
Old 09-14-2008, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is this the one "SageMC16x9 Version 6.x Full Install Package".
That's the one.

Quote:
Is it much easier to use then the default sagetv interface?
I guess that's a matter of opinion. Some like it, some don't.

Quote:
Most importantly, can it display only Movies playing now? Also new, events, sports, kids show, etcc that only play now not 9 days later. Thanks
It does this for movies, but not the others. Though it may not be very hard to add since the basics are already there for movies.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Sage User

Okay, look like I wil take th plunge. Now if I mess up how do I revert back to normal?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay, look like I wil take th plunge. Now if I mess up how do I revert back to normal?

Thanks
From within SageMC, go to
Settings >> Load STV and select SageTV3.xml

If you really really mess things up, there is a manual way to switch back but we'll only deal with that if necessary.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-14-2008, 10:57 PM
SageTVaholic

I go the extra mile and back up (copy) my SageTV/SageTV directory. If I do something wrong or don't like something I did, then I just copy the old one back in (careful with the wiz.bin file so I use the most recent wiz.bin file regardless).