SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Sage TV 6.5 - Initial thoughts?

• How did the installation (update process) go?
  • Any major improvements that caught your eye?
  • Did you have to re-import previously imported STV and STVIs?

I'm thinking if I should upgrade my setup to 6.5. I'm quite satisfied with my current setup. The one thing that caught my eye in the changelog is that they have now added a new property for MKV playback and set it to "use Sage TV player" as value by default. However, it is not clear if one could change it to be something else. Lately I've been watching quite a few mkv files with subtitles and the version of SageTV I'm using doesn't support subtitles in mkv files. Anyone know if the situation has changed?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikurtram View Post
  • Did you have to re-import previously imported STV and STVIs?
It would help me to comment if I had a frame of reference. What version are you on? The importing of STVIs has worked differently for a while (6.4, perhaps? I forget).

It's a lot easier to deal with and works a lot better for me. You define it once, and after each upgrade, you only need to give it permission to do its thing to apply your chosen STVIs.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
What version are you on?
I'm using 6.4. I don't remember if I had to reimport the STVs and STVis when I upgraded to 6.4. So, I'm not sure how 6.5 is going to be. Also, I remember that after moving to 6.4, online videos in SageMC was broken. And I had to modify some properties file to get it to work. I hope I don't need to do it with this version as well. Maybe I need to get the latest SageMC.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

If you have 6.4, then you should have the "current" method of STVI importing. I just upgraded to 6.5 yesterday, and it was seamless. The STVIs still stay in the correct folder (they don't overwrite or erase). Once you install the Sage software, go to the setup/detailed setup/advanced, choose "Manage STVI plugins" and pick all the STVis that you want installed. Once you add them all to the list, do "force rebuild" and they'll all be installed.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Actually if you are using the MC GUI, then all you'll have to do is change back to the version of the STV you are already losing. If you are usingone of the latest versions of MC then it reverts back to the default STV for several things so that you won't have the problems like the Online videos not working.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage User

Thank you for your comments. I have upgraded to SageTV 6.5 and Sage MC 6.3.8a without much hassle. Thanks again.

PS: on a side note, MKV subtitles still do not work.

Tags
sagetv6.5