SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Sage User

Looking for documentation on .my metadata format

Hi all - apologies if this is located someplace obvious, but I'm having trouble finding specifications for using the .my metadata format to externally store program information. Specifically, I'm looking to add episode data to specific TV episodes from DVDs I have that I'm storing under the My Videos folders. Is this possible?

I've searched the forums on .my and nothing turned up. I also I looked at the SageMC wiki and this was all it had in the section on configuration settings:

"Use .my file meta data in Program Info screen"

thanks for the help!
Old 08-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

You could use .properties files. They are also supported in MC and stuckless has the Batch Metadata Tool (BMT) which does a great job of automatically entering metadata as well as having a web interface you can use to enter the metadata yourself.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I could reply with the generic "Use the webserver to import as recorded tv" or use "Use EP plugin with webserver to do it as a batch operation" (something ive never been able to get to work) or "Use BMT to do it automatically" (which I avoid as it would grab incorrect data 10-15% of the time for movies and never found any tv data for me - it is otherwise a great plugin and is a step towrds a fully automated media scrapper).....

To answer your actual question... (this is how i do data for my movie collection.. I use the webserver for tv content as it moves it to recorded tv).. These are the tags I use

Actor=
Descripton=
Director=
Genre=
Media Title=
Origional Air Date=
Media Type=
Rated=
Running Time= MINx60x1000 - at least thats the formula I use.
Title=
Year=

Last edited by loomdog32; 08-30-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the detailed reply Loomdog32! Much appreciated.