SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 PM

Best practice to transfer converted shows

Hi,
I have converted a video for use on my psp. What is the best way to transfer it? I chose when I converted, to keep the original. So now I see two listings of the same show, so far so good, but I can't seem to figure out the best way to get this converted video transferred to my device. My conversion destination was "c:\temp" on my sage host, for experimentation purposes. Sage seems to remember the link to it, since I can play both versions from the recordings listing. But when hook up my device to my host, and choose from the popup "copy to e:", I only get a listing of "import" directories, and cannot browse to the recordings listing. Should I have put my destination as one of these "import" directories? Or is there another way to display the recordings directory in the list of "import" directories? Or is there another preferred way altogether to transfer my converted videos to psp? Thanks in advance...

David J.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 PM
SageTVaholic

copy and paste in windows?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM

Well, copy and paste would indeed be simple from my desktop, if it weren't for the fact my convert destination was to an unshared directory on the host. Yes, I can in the future convert and have a destination as a shared drive, but I'm just wondering if this is the intended way the sage programmers envisioned transferring converted files, or was I missing something.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Find some sort of auto-sync program, and set it to sync your 'temp' folder (or whatever folder you use) to your device when plugged in. That way you can target your conversions to that directory, and they will sit there waiting for the device to be plugged in.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been wondering about this also. I want to get things set up for transcoding plus commercial cutting.

Thanks for the pointer.