SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

TV Explorer for the Default STV - Testers Needed

First, Many thanks to razrsharp for developing TV Explorer for SageMC and assisting me in porting it to the default STV.

I've got a working version of TVE 1.00 ported to the default STV but would like to have some beta testers before I unleash it on the general population. If you are interested please let me know by posting here. I expect to have a version ready for beta testing in a day or two.

For details on TV Explorer see this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43199

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm a bit out of the loop on this, but does TVE work for imported media? Like TV Show DVDs ripped to Series\Episode S##E## format? I'd probably be interested in playing with it though....
Old 09-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I'm a bit out of the loop on this, but does TVE work for imported media? Like TV Show DVDs ripped to Series\Episode S##E## format? I'd probably be interested in playing with it though....
Yes, that's the whole reason i use it. The ability to import all those episodes and then sort by season is awesome.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

What do you mean by import? I don't want them to be part of the recordings list. Or have recordings mixed in with them.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

First, thanks goes to tmiranda for taking the time to port my code ... I relied on SageMC for alot of stuff so porting to the default stv was no trivial task.

Quote:
What do you mean by import? I don't want them to be part of the recordings list. Or have recordings mixed in with them.
TVE does not import non sage recorded tv into the recordings db. It does not touch the recording db. By default it will merge recorded tv and non sage recorded tv (if metadata exists for it) together at the UI. However you can filter out all sage recorded tv (or vice versa) so that you see just one or the either.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-13-2009, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
TVE does not import non sage recorded tv into the recordings db. It does not touch the recording db.
I worded it poorly but I'd gathered that

Quote:
By default it will merge recorded tv and non sage recorded tv (if metadata exists for it) together at the UI. However you can filter out all sage recorded tv (or vice versa) so that you see just one or the either.
OK, that's what I had been wondering/hoping for. Some might find it odd, but all my Sage Recordings are "temporary", in that I never save anything from there. If it's worth keeping, I get the DVD or Blu-ray for the higher quality (better encoding, lack of editing, lack of logos, etc), so I only care about this for my "complete" series, the archive ones that I bought on DVD.

So yeah, I'm in for testing it
Old 09-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great news! - I'm game.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Count me in.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. Can you both PM me an email address that I can send it to? Right now it's too big to attach to a forum post and I do not want to put it in the Downloads section yet.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

I read, briefly, the SageMC thread. I am lost as to what this thing does for me if all I use it for is regularly recorded TV. Does it enhance the layout of the recordings menu per the screenshots?

B
Old 09-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I read, briefly, the SageMC thread. I am lost as to what this thing does for me if all I use it for is regularly recorded TV. Does it enhance the layout of the recordings menu per the screenshots?

B
Yes. The primary reason I wrote TVE was to completely replace the default TV recording interface with one that is similar to Malore Menus, Windows explorer, etc with advanced filtering/sorting/fanart support/etc. During beta testing I added the ability to merge non sage recorded tv and sage recorded tv more as an afterthought. Now i think the ability to see both recorded and non recorded tv in one interface is one of main features.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

For those who PM'ed me, I have sent you an email with the .xml file. IN that email I forgot to mention that all "known bugs" are listed in razrsharp's second post in his support thread.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Assume we rename to .stvi for install?

B
Old 09-14-2009, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
For those who PM'ed me, I have sent you an email with the .xml file. IN that email I forgot to mention that all "known bugs" are listed in razrsharp's second post in his support thread.
I hope you remembered the jar
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

No JAR in the zip Guess we grab from SageMC version? Any harm in importing the import without the JAR?

B
Old 09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you guys read the email?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did you guys read the email?
Nope I am not testing just making sure he told you to grab the jar which I guessiing by the response he did.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, the email said extract the XML (it's not an import yet) to the usual place and make sure SageMC had been extracted to the SageTV directory
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow - Need to bump priority on learning to read.

This may not be for me as I don't want the clutter of SageMC files.

B
Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Loaded last night & it looks good! I've pm'd a list of various minor navigation & functional items. I now see that the mouse navigation is an issue carried over from the original MC TVE (I've retired the mouse).

I notice alot of SageMC style in the popup option dialog, highlightbars, & icons. It's a nice change from the default 'blue' style but I think you might want to retain the default 'style' for consistency within the UI. How does everyone else feel on this one?

I have one issue I need help on - I'm not able to view any fanart.
I have jetty & BTM installed on my server and have a centralfanartfolder set on the server-.properties file. On the client I have SageTV6.5/MCunzipped/TVEunzipped/newTVEstv_loaded - but no fanart. I think my problem is that my client.properties file has no line listing "centralfanartdirectory".
Was I supposed to load the MC xml during this setup and set a directory? I don't see an option in your stv to set any directory?

thanks,
rob