SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Rob,

I also do not like the lack of KB/Mouse support. razrsharp has addressed this as well and it's on his "to do" list. I'll incorporate it once complete.

Also agreed that the "look and feel" (pop ups, backgrounds, icons, etc.) should be more in line with the default.

The issue with the fanart is probably, as you noted, the fact that you've never configured fanart on your client so the .properties file is not correct. You have two options to get this working:

- load the default STV and import the BMT STVi, setup the fanart, and then go back to the test TVE .xml file I sent you.

- import the BMT STVi into the test .xml file I sent and setup fanart from there. I've never tried this yet so I can't say for sure if it will import properly into my .xml file. It *should* work, but ya never know.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Wow - Need to bump priority on learning to read.

This may not be for me as I don't want the clutter of SageMC files.

B
I'll package it better when complete. It will still need a lot of the "SageMC clutter" because it uses the stuff in that clutter

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
- import the BMT STVi into the test .xml file I sent and setup fanart from there. I've never tried this yet so I can't say for sure if it will import properly into my .xml file. It *should* work, but ya never know.
Importing the BMT stvi into your test .xml worked fine - bling factor is ON!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
I have one issue I need help on - I'm not able to view any fanart.
I have jetty & BTM installed on my server and have a centralfanartfolder set on the server-.properties file. On the client I have SageTV6.5/MCunzipped/TVEunzipped/newTVEstv_loaded - but no fanart. I think my problem is that my client.properties file has no line listing "centralfanartdirectory".
Was I supposed to load the MC xml during this setup and set a directory? I don't see an option in your stv to set any directory?
Do you have phoenix installed on the client? If you navigate to TVE Options -> Info -> phoenix jar version. It should say 1.32 or later. You need phoenix v1.32 or later. The easiest way to get this is to unzip BMT on the client as well. Alternatively you can download/install just phoenix (look in the downloads section). You're client will also need to point to the central fanart directory. you can add this manually (copy and paste from the server line into the client.properties file.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-15-2009, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

OK, stupid question, but where is this in the menu structure?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what you mean by "menu structure". Sorry.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I needed to disable the Malore recordings menu. Sage was going there instead of the new one.

Which brings me to a feature request/comment. I'd rather this not usurp the recordings screen. I like the malore menu and really have no interest in this for Sage recordings, I'm looking at it strictly for imported media.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I needed to disable the Malore recordings menu. Sage was going there instead of the new one.

Which brings me to a feature request/comment. I'd rather this not usurp the recordings screen. I like the malore menu and really have no interest in this for Sage recordings, I'm looking at it strictly for imported media.
make dynamic menus a requirement?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

No please don't do that. Great plugin, but should not be needed.

B
Old 09-15-2009, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I was going to say that's a nogo, I really don't like the dynamic menus (frankly they're a big turn off in SageMC).

And I'm not seeing any of the graphics besides the REC icon on the left, and nothing listed in the menu. I am doing this on a test install with no recordings, just imported media, but I've got that filtered "Include".
Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

I'd be happy to test it out. PM me the info.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-16-2009, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

OK, now I unnderstand Yes, I made TVE replace the stock "Sage Recordings" menus. I still use the malore menus most of the time and tend to switch back and forth between TVE and the malore menus.

Where would you like it to appear in the menu structure?

Old 09-16-2009, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

In this post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=254 razrsharp states version 2.0 will be coming out in the October timeframe. So I have a dilemma: How much time to spend on version 1.00?

My current thinking is to "clean up" version 1.00 by making it an STVi and not much else. I do not want to spend loads of time "polishing" version 1.00 and then have razrsharp release v2.00 a week later.

When v2.00 comes out I plan to port that version and make it more "polished" by:
- Eliminating the need to unzip SageMC and TVE.
- Making the "look and feel" more compatible with the Default STV.

Does this sound reasonable? Thoughts?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Personally, I will wait for version 2.0, and I am hoping it will be the minimum amount of files needed to make it work (assuming jar files) to help keep clutter down.

B
Old 09-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Personally, I will wait for version 2.0, and I am hoping it will be the minimum amount of files needed to make it work (assuming jar files) to help keep clutter down.

B
+1
Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

If it isn't too much trouble make what you have a STVI. That way it doen't have to take over Recordings. (And in default I use Malore)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Where would you like it to appear in the menu structure?
Probably not where everyone else does

I'd like it in the Media menu, next to Videos, so one would got to the normal Videos for movies/DVDs and TVE for imported TV. But then like I said, I'm probably sorta weird in that I want my imported "TV" separate from my recorded "TV".
Old 09-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
But then like I said, I'm probably sorta weird in that I want my imported "TV" separate from my recorded "TV".
Nothing weird about that, I prefer mine exactly the same way.....unless we're both weird
Old 09-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

i think in the final version it should be a TVE option for where to display the menu link... on the main page as a replacement for the default tv recordings menu or under the media menu... my $.02
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I was thinking that would be hard, but I guess all you'd need is an if widget. Maybe a config option in detailed setup to configure which to use.