SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2009, 10:06 AM

Sagetv and WIndows 7

I upgraded from XP Pro to WIndows 7 Pro (64 bit) (new install). In XP I used beyondTV but would like to switch to Sage so I can use the HD200 to its fullest extent and use the 3 MediaMVPs I have until I purchase the HD200s.

Initially SageTV, BeyondTV and WMC live tv stuttered, video and audio. Eventually after trying many, many drivers and combinations I got WMC to work well. I cannot get SageTV or BeyondTV to work without stuttering.

I have AMD Quad4, onboard ATI Radeon 3300HD graphic card, Hauppuage PVR 150 (Hauppauge 2250 on its way).

I eventually found ATI Radeon drivers on the AMD gaming site dated 12/17/09 which enabled the WMC to work. This did not enable SageTV to work.

1. Anyone have any tips?

2. Anyone have a similar setup (Windows 7 64 bit, ATI video card, PVR-150) which works with SageTV?

3. In reading the threads I saw something about disabling the WMC turner. I stopped the 3 WMC services running in "Services", but that did change anything. Is there more to it than that?

Thanks.
Noel
Old 12-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

Windows 7 isn't supported by Sage yet. There's a thread in the beta forum with some updated filters and dlls that might help.

Besides studder, what other issues are you having?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:08 PM

I received the 2250 today and installed it. SageTV now works (at least on one tuner I haven't tried the 2nd yet). So does BeyondTV and WMC.

So all is well and I guess SageTV sometimes works with Windows 7 (64 bit).

I'll check out the beta forum as well.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Sage User

I've been running sage tv with Windows 7 utlimate x64 for almost 3 months now without any problems. So normal installation should do the trick. Nothing special needed except for the codecs as always.