SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
PLUCKY, check out the mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins in the Sage.properties. It's what BMT uses to fetch metadata for the automatic plugin. It is called each time a new file is added to the sagetv library. It will be called when SageTV does does it's periodic refresh and it finds new files.

Be careful when you use this method because if you start calling MediaFileMetadata apis on this newly added file, then it may trigger sagetv to call your plugin again, and result in an endless loop. (bmt 3.0 had that issue)
Okay reopen this can of worms I got myself into . I was running my own background thread and it was working fine except for I ran into some issues when MyMovies added a movie before it got imported into sage. So My question is I know Andy mentioned there was a fork to see what Files where just imported but when using the mediafile_metadata_parser_plugin method is there a way you tell which mediafile is being imported at that time?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe I don't understand your process... but couldn't you just call AddMediaFile from your MyMovies process to ensure that the item gets added to sagetv?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Maybe I don't understand your process... but couldn't you just call AddMediaFile from your MyMovies process to ensure that the item gets added to sagetv?
You know I didn't even think of that one

Thanks Sean.