SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Pressing online button on remote goes to stv online menu

I would like to have this go to the SageMC online services menu, as if I had gone to My Menu and chosen Online Services. I looked at the SageMC menu overrides and there seems to be ones for the video library & the music library. Am I just missing something?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not a SageMC user but I believe SageMC uses the Online Service menu from the default STV. What you are seeing is normal.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Sage Icon

yup tmiranda is correct, sagemc uses the online services from the default stv... so what you are seeing is normal...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I thought so too, but when I press the online button on my remote I get the non-sagemc themed online services menu. When I go to online services from My Menu->Online Services I get a sagemc themed online services menu.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

I never noticed because I hardly use the online section at least not yet but there are is only one subtle difference between the menus you get to using thee "online" key/remote and the one you get through the menus, and that is the background color. Other than that the functionality appears to be the same.

Maybe there is a difference if one exists the online "sage" menu using the back/exit key but I always use Menu/Home so I wouldn't know.
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
I never noticed because I hardly use the online section at least not yet but there are is only one subtle difference between the menus you get to using thee "online" key/remote and the one you get through the menus, and that is the background color. Other than that the functionality appears to be the same.

Maybe there is a difference if one exists the online "sage" menu using the back/exit key but I always use Menu/Home so I wouldn't know.
Yeah basically one is skinned for the theme and the other is not and I would just like to keep the theme consistent for aesthetic reasons.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
I thought so too, but when I press the online button on my remote I get the non-sagemc themed online services menu. When I go to online services from My Menu->Online Services I get a sagemc themed online services menu.
That's because when you go through the menu SageMC takes some special actions to make the "skin" appears on the default Online Servies menu. When you press the button on the remote it jumps to the Online Service menu directly. It's a SageMC issue that can be corrected but probably won't since SageMC development has been scaled back.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.