SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

BMT upgrade problem

I tried to upgrade BMT this morning through my extender and it failed. Now I can't find the normal BMT in the plugins list (installed or all). All that is there is the web interface. On the status page in the web interface I only see sections for phoenix, sagetv and System messages.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

What failed? The upgrade makes the bmt package obsolete since all metadata lookups are handled by the phoenix core. The web ui sounds like it did upgrade, especially if you are seeing the 3 panels. Does it show phoenix at 2.0.1 and sagex-apis at 7.0.11.0?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes they do. I got an error message this morning then I downloaded the files from the website manually and placed them in the sage folder. I assumed I should still be seeing all 5 panels. So where does it log scan activities?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbearboy View Post
Yes they do. I got an error message this morning then I downloaded the files from the website manually and placed them in the sage folder. I assumed I should still be seeing all 5 panels. So where does it log scan activities?
unfortunately, under sage7, downloading and manually extracting the files will not be sufficient to install a plugin designed for Sage7. I think we need to find the root of the issue. It might be easier to simply uninstall the following, and then install the bmtweb plugin..

uninstall
bmt
phoenix-core
phoenix-api
sagex-api
bmtweb

and then install the bmtweb plugin, which will in turn install all those plugins/libraries that you've removed. If you get an error, make note of the error and perhaps check the sagetv_0.txt log file and/or send me the log file.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok did that and everything appears to be good but when I click on an item that does not have metadata under browse>movies genre view>no genre I get an error and not the ui to search for metadata.

2010-06-25 20:37:07,737 [12449335@qtp-8769496-2] ERROR org.jdna.bmt.web.server.MetadataServicesImpl - Failed to get metadata: 7051078; The GODFATHER Part II
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Unknown Source)
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at java.text.DateFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at sagex.phoenix.util.DateUtils.formatDate(DateUtils.java:80)
at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.MetadataServicesImpl.newMetadata(MetadataServicesImpl.java:116)
at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.MetadataServicesImpl.loadMetadata(MetadataServicesImpl.java:86)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:188)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:224)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks... that'll be fixed in the upcoming 4.2 build (hopefully this weekend)
Old 06-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

No the thanks is to you
Old 06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

I also don't see that the automatic downloading is working. I've gone in and set it to true (tried doing it both in the web gui and in Sage) and it still doesn't seem to be working.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I also don't see that the automatic downloading is working. I've gone in and set it to true (tried doing it both in the web gui and in Sage) and it still doesn't seem to be working.
That I know is working for sure... since that's the ONLY way I use bmt If you check your log files (logs/bmt.log and logs/pheonix.log) do you see any issues. If you've enabled the Automatic Lookups, then that should be enough. Also, automatic imports only happen when sage tv scans for new media.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

What I'm looking at is TV recordings from Sage. I'll keep an eye on it, maybe I just missed the metadata. Is it possible that since we're no longer using .properties files maybe twieder's tweaks isn't picking it up?