SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Working with enums in Studio

I'm working on an STVi that uses the SRE classes written by Slugger. One of the methods returns an enum, but it may also return null. There is another static method that accepts an enum as a parameter and returns a String. The enum is listed below. (Sluger's code is on google code so I'm assuming it's OK to post it here.) So far so good.

I'm getting an unknown method error from Studio accessing the static method but it looks to me like the parameters are all correct.

Here is the Studio code to get the MonitorStatus: (SREDataStore is OK at this point.)

Code:
MonitorStatus = com_google_code_sagetvaddons_sre3_server_DataStore_getMonitorStatus(SREDataStore, AiringID)
After checking MonitorStatus for null, this is the code that generates the error:

Code:
Status = com_google_code_sagetvaddons_sre3_shared_AiringMonitorStatus_getToolTip(MonitorStatus)
This is the error from Studio:

Code:
sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of com_google_code_sagetvaddons_sre3_shared_AiringMonitorStatus_getToolTip of sage.a.e: UNKNOWN METHOD ERROR name=com_google_code_sagetvaddons_sre3_shared_AiringMonitorStatus_getToolTip args=[VALID]
The argument VALID is valid for the enum. Am I invoking the getToolTip method incorrectly? I've never used an enum class from Studio so I'm guessing that's where my problem lies.

Edit: It's probably worth noting that if I pass the getToolTip method an invalid enum I get the expected String "Unrecognized status!".

PS. I'm sure when Slugger sobers up he will respond to this thread

Code:
package com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre3.shared;

/**
 * @author dbattams
 */
public enum AiringMonitorStatus {
        NO_MONITOR,
        VALID,
        UNKNOWN,
        INVALID,
        MONITORING;

static public String getToolTip(String status) {
                if(NO_MONITOR.toString().equals(status))
                        return "Recording not monitored.";
                else if(VALID.toString().equals(status))
                        return "Recording will be monitored.";
                else if(UNKNOWN.toString().equals(status))
                        return "Monitor status unknown.";
                else if(INVALID.toString().equals(status))
                        return "Monitor status is invalid.";
                else if(MONITORING.toString().equals(status))
                        return "This recording is currently being monitored.";
                else
                        return "Unrecognized status!";
        }
}

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 09-04-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

The getToolTip method takes a String, not an AiringMonitorStatus, so you'll have to call the toString method on MonitorStatus and pass that to getToolTip.

I haven't put this into studio, but it should be what you want. (I just took your call and added the toString call)
Code:
Status = com_google_code_sagetvaddons_sre3_shared_AiringMonitorStatus_getToolTip(java_lang_Object_toString(MonitorStatus))
Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Doh!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.