SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Upcoming Netflix/Hulu/Playon support

This support will require the playon importer using it's own import directory. It will not work fully (show banners or filters work). If you don't have it as a separate import path it will not work correctly and will just lump them altogether.

I highly suggest for this and future addins you use a separate import path or the default one playon assigns it.

And I must say this feature is great I now have a separate Neftlix View .

Old 09-10-2010, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This support will require the playon importer using it's own import directory. It will not work fully (show banners or filters work). If you don't have it as a separate import path it will not work correctly and will just lump them altogether.

I highly suggest for this and future addins you use a separate import path or the default one playon assigns it.

And I must say this feature is great I now have a separate Neftlix View .

Any advice on steps to accomplish this correctly the first time?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Just make sure the configuration of the importer is using a different import library folder then smm or any of your stored videos.( it defaults to this automatically so unless you changed that)

Then just add that path to mymovies collection manager monitoring and you will be good to go.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Then just add that path to mymovies collection manager monitoring and you will be good to go.
Glad you mentioned this since I do not use the collection monitoring part of MM. I don't like my machines doing anything without me explicitly telling them to if I can help it :P
Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
Glad you mentioned this since I do not use the collection monitoring part of MM. I don't like my machines doing anything without me explicitly telling them to if I can help it :P
You don't have to have monitoring on only if you want it to automatically add new items from your que when the que importer updates.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

The importer says 'seemless navigation and playback'. You still can't fast forward anything, since it's still streaming, right?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep, that line just refers to that you can navigate to and initiate playback on Netflix/Hulu items like you would any other SageTV content. But once its playing back you're still bound by the limitions of streaming.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-19-2010, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to have the playon movies get metadata separately from the rest of my movies? What I mean is I don't want the playon movies in collection management with the movies I actually have stored locally that way when I delete them from my queue it doesn't cause any problems.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yep, that line just refers to that you can navigate to and initiate playback on Netflix/Hulu items like you would any other SageTV content. But once its playing back you're still bound by the limitions of streaming.
No there is no way of doing this and won't be with any source.

Deleting from your que should not cause issues as long as you are using the mymovies folder monitoring as suggested. The mymovies will remove them automatically once the playon import removes the dummy videos.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

Is it possible, at all, to reset the playback of Hulu and Netflix streams to the the beginning?

Where I've run into problems from time to time is starting a stream and getting part way in and then having to stop and try to come back to it later. What happens is that it never leaves off where I stopped it.

In an ideal world it would be great to have better time tracking from Sage's side that could pass the exact time to jump back into the stream so that it would resume as expected. Otherwise, a way to start the stream over would be good too.

Is this even a possibility? Regardless, of how likely it will/won't be implemented into a plugin...
Old 09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Is it possible, at all, to reset the playback of Hulu and Netflix streams to the the beginning?

Where I've run into problems from time to time is starting a stream and getting part way in and then having to stop and try to come back to it later. What happens is that it never leaves off where I stopped it.

In an ideal world it would be great to have better time tracking from Sage's side that could pass the exact time to jump back into the stream so that it would resume as expected. Otherwise, a way to start the stream over would be good too.

Is this even a possibility? Regardless, of how likely it will/won't be implemented into a plugin...
For Netflix, the only way I have been able to reset it is to actually go to a computer and play the movie. Once it buffers all the way, I fast forward to the end and restart the movie. It's clunky but it's about all we can get without native Netflix support.

Last edited by Peter_h; 09-19-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

As Peter said I have no control over this nether does evilpenguin that is a playin thing.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
As Peter said I have no control over this nether does evilpenguin that is a playin thing.
I think what plucky meant to say is that it is a PlayOn thing.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
If you navigate to Online->Hulu though the sage menu, then there should be a playback settings item at the bottom and there you can set it to always restart Hulu from the beginning.

And like everyone said, there's no way to do this with Netflix, its a playon issue.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No there is no way of doing this and won't be with any source.

Deleting from your que should not cause issues as long as you are using the mymovies folder monitoring as suggested. The mymovies will remove them automatically once the playon import removes the dummy videos.
ok, thanks. I just want the collection numbers to be in order. I'm weird that way...

EDIT: OK I did it and I have made a custom view for netflix only per your wiki instructions and all of the movies are showing up in the main wall even though I only have online movies selected and not playon. What am I missing?
EDIT2: Never mind. It fixed itself. Pretty cool. Nice job as usual.

Last edited by panteragstk; 09-22-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:22 AM

Hi Plucky -- I'm relatively new to Sage --
What is the best way to reach you via email?
Mine is kdoman@cascadedtv.com
We are interested in talking to you about a project involving Sage and your capabilities
thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
Hi Plucky -- I'm relatively new to Sage --
What is the best way to reach you via email?
Mine is kdoman@cascadedtv.com
We are interested in talking to you about a project involving Sage and your capabilities
thanks
sagemymovies@gmail.com is the best way.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Sage User

This is why Sage is the Best!

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client