SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

HD300 and "HD" Audio [RESOLVED w/ beta firmware]

I am not sure if I am having an HD300 issue or perhaps I don't understand "HD" Audio. I have two MKVs that I have extracted from different blurays. One of them causes the "HD" audio light on the receiver to turn on - which lets me know bitstreaming is working. The other file does not.

When I use mkvinfo on each file, here is what I see for the audio track that I think is the lossless "HD" audio track.

Working Track:
Code:
| + A track
|  + Track number: 2
|  + Track UID: 2
|  + Track type: audio
|  + Enabled: 1
|  + Default flag: 1
|  + Forced flag: 0
|  + Lacing flag: 1
|  + MinCache: 0
|  + Timecode scale: 1
|  + Max BlockAddition ID: 0
|  + Codec ID: A_DTS
|  + Codec decode all: 1
|  + Language: eng
|  + Default duration: 10.667ms (93.750 fps for a video track)
|  + Name: Losless
|  + Audio track
|   + Sampling frequency: 48000
|   + Channels: 6
|   + Bit depth: 24
Here is the track that does not engage the "HD" audio light.

Code:
| + A track
|  + Track number: 2
|  + Track UID: 2
|  + Track type: audio
|  + Enabled: 1
|  + Default flag: 1
|  + Forced flag: 0
|  + Lacing flag: 1
|  + MinCache: 0
|  + Timecode scale: 1
|  + Max BlockAddition ID: 0
|  + Codec ID: A_DTS
|  + Codec decode all: 1
|  + Language: eng
|  + Default duration: 10.667ms (93.750 fps for a video track)
|  + Name: Losless
|  + Audio track
|   + Sampling frequency: 48000
|   + Channels: 6
|   + Bit depth: 24
Is there a problem with the HD 300 and should both of those tracks, be bitstreamed and come across as "HD Audio". Or is it something more complicated than just looking at the "Losless" track to determine if it should engage the "HD" audio indicator?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure if you missed a copy in your copy and paste, but it looks like both of those reports are identical. If they are, then I'm not sure why one would work and the other not.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, not a copy and paste error.. That is why I am puzzled. But, I also didn't know if that data I pasted uniquely identified "HD" Audio.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

You don't have more than one audio track in the "non-working" file which is getting used instead do you?
Old 09-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
You don't have more than one audio track in the "non-working" file which is getting used instead do you?
There is more than one audio track, however, on both of these, the track I pasted is the first audio track. I have tried selecting the other tracks and none them on the "non-working" file show up as "HD" Audio.

On a side note - the audio track selection aspect of sage could use some work. Not a ton of info is provided when you go to switch.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
On a side note - the audio track selection aspect of sage could use some work. Not a ton of info is provided when you go to switch.
From what I've seen that's more a function of the file than Sage. Sage provides whatever info I've seen put in the files (usually not much).
Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I would add that I am seeing something similar with M2TS files.

When playing a full BR folder structure rip (just a straight BR rip w/ AnyDVD) both DTSHDMA and TrueHD are properly bitstreamed.

When the movies are repackaged into a single M2TS file with the untouched audio track (and an AC3 track is added) with ClownBD, the HD300 only plays the core audio from the HD Audio track (I have confirmed that the HD Audio track is the one selected.)

This makes it rather difficult to rip a movie and add an AC3 track such that the movie can be played on any of the extenders.

-Edit- Nevermind. I should have been more conscientious about testing this prior to posting. The issues mentioned above were occurring with V7.14. After updating to V7.16 the problem has been eliminated. I now get both DTSHDMA and TrueHD playback in M2TS files.

Also just fyi, I have no issues playing VC-1 content in M2TS files, even while bitstreaming HD audio tracks.

-Suntan

Last edited by Suntan; 09-20-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
I would add that I am seeing something similar with M2TS files.

When playing a full BR folder structure rip (just a straight BR rip w/ AnyDVD) both DTSHDMA and TrueHD are properly bitstreamed.

When the movies are repackaged into a single M2TS file with the untouched audio track (and an AC3 track is added) with ClownBD, the HD300 only plays the core audio from the HD Audio track (I have confirmed that the HD Audio track is the one selected.)

This makes it rather difficult to rip a movie and add an AC3 track such that the movie can be played on any of the extenders.

-Suntan
I opened a bug report. I would recommend, if you are seeing the same behavior you do as well. The more people affected, the more likely it will get fixed.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Latest HD300 Firmware 9/22/2010 fixes the DTS-HD bitstreaming issue I was having with these files.