SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
No promises, but the Mirage author said that he will take a look at streaming from a link to a MediafileID on my server...
His first observation is that it's failing because Mirage is expecting a .m3u8 extension for the URL, which isn't there, as the variant playlist is sent dynamically... Which is what I have been requesting for months, but... So he will implement a work around for that, and see if that's enough or if there's more to fix.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

hmmm.. my mirage updated today.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 04-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I installed this but I don't seem to have the ability to play the video. Do you have to convert it first before getting the streaming window on your iPhone?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
I installed this but I don't seem to have the ability to play the video. Do you have to convert it first before getting the streaming window on your iPhone?
No need for conversion, but you might want to check the video on Brent's site, as the streaming is kinda buried deep...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 04-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Sage Icon

I have two requests for the mobile UI.
1. The old web remote used to show what was playing on the extender(s). Any chance this could be added next to the webremote button/hyperlink?

2. Is there any way, on the webremote screen, a "Volume up/dn" could be squeezed in? I know it's pretty tight already, but that's one function I could really use.

I have no idea if this UI is even on the table as something to be tweaked any time soon, but I thought I'd throw these out....
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I have two requests for the mobile UI.
1. The old web remote used to show what was playing on the extender(s). Any chance this could be added next to the webremote button/hyperlink?
When you select the "Home" option right under Media Center -- it brings what should be playing on the extender or client -- but for mine even if something is playing it reads "Nothing" whereas on the full version of the Web Interface it lists what is playing on that extender or client. The Mobile home does list what is recording and on what tuner still, so it must just a be glitch in the mobile web page. I have renamed my extenders and clients, maybe that matters -- anybody that hasn't renamed your stuff can you chime in?
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

The web remote that was added to the mobile web ui is DEF. an on going thing. I work on it quite reguarlry and am always open to suggestions. I am currently working on a completely new implementation of the webremote which is in my opinion pretty awesome. Jreichen has been using it for a while, and I think he would agree with me!

I have been playing around adding more buttons if you switch to landscape mode, as well as a few other things.

Where would you like to see the volume buttons?

Also please always feel free to PM me with any suggestions, enhancements, screen mockups, etc.

~PiX64
Old 04-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

"Set Padding" does not work

I have a support question for this tool - and it's not related to streaming video or web remote functionality...

When I try to use the "Set Padding" functionality, I get the following error:

"The command "Set Padding" failed. Message: Unknown command Set Padding"

Same thing with "Cancel Recording".

Any ideas?

-uberpixel
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Also please always feel free to PM me with any suggestions, enhancements, screen mockups, etc.
One thing that I think would be great would be to have a several more Skip Fwd options. By default Skip Fwd is 10 secs and Skip Fwdx2 is 150secs. It could be useful to have a virtual remote with 4 or 5 SkipFwd options - 10, 20, 30, 60, 120, 150, 600 seconds for example. But I don't know if this is easily possible since I believe Sage only natively supports two SkipFwds and SkipBwds.

Often each sport would have an optimal SkipFwd time. While watching hockey I find that 20 secs is pretty much perfect from a whistle to a faceoff with no commercials. But commercial breaks are generally two minutes and the SkipFwd2 is a bit too long. You could go and change the settings in Sage but then that might cause problems with other types of content.

Last edited by wayner; 04-25-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Excellent idea, and that is actually handled in the newest version of the remote.

without giving away to much of whats in it, it handles swipe gestures.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
without giving away to much of whats in it, it handles swipe gestures.
Does that mean it is specific to certain hardware -such as an iDevice, Playbook, etc.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

I have not yet tested it on other devices, but the way i built it should allow for use on android. It is also just an option, so the existing webremote will still show on the screen, and you can either swipe gestures over it, or click the buttons.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Pix64,
That's excellent. Looking forward to it.

Since you are open to suggestions, I'll throw this out, though I suspect it's too much...

In the Webremote, while controlling an extender, would there be any way to have a (graphical or otherwise) representation of what is showing on the extender at that time? For example, either a small window that showed exactly what was on the extender TV set (maybe even too small to really read, but large enough to see where you were within the menu structure if you knew your own system), or else just a single line of text that was equivalent to what was highlighted at the time on your extender (so that, for example, as you scrolled down the main menu, the line on the mobile device would say "TV" or "Music" or "Videos" or "Online" or whatever)?

While I have no idea, my gut tells me that the graphical output of the extender is probably not "grab-able" within the software, so I'm guessing it might have to be the latter suggestion - but could this be done? That would allow completely "blind" navigation of the extender menus (assuming some knowledge of how they are set up already).

For example: I'm at work and on the webremote I see that my wife is watching a show at home that is also currently on TV. Since I don't know if she recorded it and played it from the "recordings menu", or if she played it from the TV guide, I don't know where the extender will land if I were to press "Stop" on the webremote. So it would be cool to have some info on the webremote indicating "where you are" within the menus.

I might as well clarify what I would like to do (no, it's not the nefarious ability to mess with my wife remotely... though that could be handy ). Our main (family room) extender is going to be wired into our whole-house audio system (in progress) and I'd love to be able to control it from another room, or out on the patio, while not in line-of-sight of the extender. As of right now, I can start a playlist while standing at the TV, and then do basic music control - stop/start/pause, advance a song, mute, etc. (this is why I'd like volume control). But I'd love the ability to change playlists remotely without having to see the screen. If there was a "currently highlighted text" line visible on the webremote, I could at least limp my way around the UI remotely and do that.

Hope that makes sense.
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
No need for conversion, but you might want to check the video on Brent's site, as the streaming is kinda buried deep...
The video helped! I also needed to reboot my sever after the install to finally get the video window to show. I already had the pre-reqs installed but it didn't prompt for a reset of the services after installed. I would suggest forcing the restart no matter what. It works great though!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
I would suggest forcing the restart no matter what. It works great though!
The problem is that if you are running in service mode, the built in restart in SageTV 7 doesn't actually work properly and you still need to force a proper restart...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Pix64,
That's excellent. Looking forward to it.

Since you are open to suggestions, I'll throw this out, though I suspect it's too much...

In the Webremote, while controlling an extender, would there be any way to have a (graphical or otherwise) representation of what is showing on the extender at that time? For example, either a small window that showed exactly what was on the extender TV set (maybe even too small to really read, but large enough to see where you were within the menu structure if you knew your own system), or else just a single line of text that was equivalent to what was highlighted at the time on your extender (so that, for example, as you scrolled down the main menu, the line on the mobile device would say "TV" or "Music" or "Videos" or "Online" or whatever)?

Im not sure if that is possible, but i will dig around and see if there is a way to grab what is currently "highlighted" on the extender/client/placeshifter.

While I have no idea, my gut tells me that the graphical output of the extender is probably not "grab-able" within the software, so I'm guessing it might have to be the latter suggestion - but could this be done? That would allow completely "blind" navigation of the extender menus (assuming some knowledge of how they are set up already).

For example: I'm at work and on the webremote I see that my wife is watching a show at home that is also currently on TV. Since I don't know if she recorded it and played it from the "recordings menu", or if she played it from the TV guide, I don't know where the extender will land if I were to press "Stop" on the webremote. So it would be cool to have some info on the webremote indicating "where you are" within the menus.

I might as well clarify what I would like to do (no, it's not the nefarious ability to mess with my wife remotely... though that could be handy ). Our main (family room) extender is going to be wired into our whole-house audio system (in progress) and I'd love to be able to control it from another room, or out on the patio, while not in line-of-sight of the extender. As of right now, I can start a playlist while standing at the TV, and then do basic music control - stop/start/pause, advance a song, mute, etc. (this is why I'd like volume control). But I'd love the ability to change playlists remotely without having to see the screen. If there was a "currently highlighted text" line visible on the webremote, I could at least limp my way around the UI remotely and do that.

Hope that makes sense.
While i see your point and think it could be useful, the web remote might not be the place for that. The only reason i say that is because the rest of the mobile web ui gives you this ability. I realize it currently isn't available for music, playlists, etc. but i do know that it is on the list of "to-Do". Bascially what you are proposing would be accomplished by finding the playlist and "sending it" to the extender...

I will see what i can dig up and if it is even possible though.:-)

thanks for the great suggestions! keep em coming.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
While i see your point and think it could be useful, the web remote might not be the place for that. The only reason i say that is because the rest of the mobile web ui gives you this ability. I realize it currently isn't available for music, playlists, etc. but i do know that it is on the list of "to-Do". Bascially what you are proposing would be accomplished by finding the playlist and "sending it" to the extender...
I know that a lot of the functions of Sage (for example, setting something to record) can be done separately through the extender, but for me, it's the ability to navigate playlists and, well, just move the cursor around through menus, that is key to using the webremote "blindly" to control my extenders. Obviously anything that is related to video on the webremote - controlling recordings, DVD/BD, imported videos of any sort, etc. on an extender - would necessarily require you to be watching the extender anyway (why turn on a movie if you aren't in front of a TV to watch it?).

But music navigation is the one thing that would be a big plus for being able to blindly control an extender. Taking this one step beyond my "whole home audio" example, I see posts indicating that quite a few people (me included) use the extender to play music during a party. Turn on Sage, start a playlist, turn on an AV receiver to play the music, turn off the TV set and let it play. With the webremote, you can keep your smartphone, iPod Touch, etc., in your pocket, and be able to control the music in a similar way to the wireless remote for fancy home audio solutions. This basic functionality is there right now, though I haven't really heard people talking about it here. Example, if you were having a party and the phone rang and you were across the room with 10 people standing between you and your extender's IR receiver, you can pull out your iPhone and hit "mute". This has the "bling" factor of a fancy home audio system, right? So I figure, with a few more additions to make the webremote "whole", it would open up a number of other possible scenarios for use.

Granted, there are other ways to control your extenders blindly (e.g., IR flasher on the extender with an RF remote), but it just seems like the capability is right there - most of it is already present - with the webremote. Just add a few more bits, such as volume up/dn, and (hopefully) the "cursor status" suggestion I made above, and it would open the doors.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for explaining it better, and that makes a whole lot more sense to me why you would want to do that. The trickiest part i think will be figuring out how to "grab" what the current menu context is.

1) i don't know if it is possible
2) i don't know if there is an api to do it..

we shall see. Hopefully it is and i can whip it together pretty easily!

ill let ya know.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

I would like to show all of you a sneak peek of what is in beta right now with a few people.

1) new remote layout brought to you by kricker which is AMAZING!. he did a pehnominal job on it. Thanks so much Karl!
2) Code Optimaztion (ajax direct calls, no more submit buttons)
3) No more Buttons on the pages at all... just "clickable areas"
4) swipe remote
5) motion remote

Swipe remote and motion remote look exactly like the "button" remote with respctive functionality. Motion for example gives the user the added functionality of tilting the device forward, backward, right, left for up down left right directional arrows.

Swipe remote gives the users the following swippable commands. the user can swipe anywhere on the screen.

swipe | direction | command
----------------------------------------
- | left to right | right arrow
- | right to left | left arrow
| | up to down | down arrow
| | down to up | up arrow
- | left to right then back to left | skip fwd 10 seconds / page right
- | right to left then back to right | skip backward 10 seconds / page leftr
| | top to bottom then back to top | page down channel down
| | bottom to top then back to top | page up channel up
|| | 2 fingers swipe down | pause
|| | 2 fingers swipe up | play

.. | 2 finger tap | stop

the physical buttons will remain on the screen so that the user can opt to use them in they want by simply clicking the button rather than "swiping"

I am looking for a few testers to help me out which have and ipad or an android device.

if you are interested please pm me.

~PiX64
Attached Images
File Type: png photo.PNG (166.7 KB, 279 views)
Old 05-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Please also feel free to provide input on the new layout or posssible enhancements.

Jreichen, I'm not sure if you want to clog up this thread with web remote stuff. Just let me know if you want me to
Start a new thread, or feel free to start one...

Tags
mobile, web