SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestermatt View Post
UPDATE: Got the login changed, but now I can't watch videos. It just gives me a blank box with no play option. I was able to watch a video the first time i installed. The "watch now" button does nothing, nor does the other button, which is just a random set of characters.
Do you have the Media Streaming Services plugin installed? It should have been installed as a dependency of the Mobile Web Interface but double check to make sure. And are you accessing the page using HTTP or HTTPS?

The "random set of characters" is the Mac Address for one of your extenders or placeshifters. Clicking that will start playback of the recording on that device. You can give it a descriptive name by editing the SAGE_HOME/webserver/extenders.properties file.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Do you have the Media Streaming Services plugin installed? It should have been installed as a dependency of the Mobile Web Interface but double check to make sure. And are you accessing the page using HTTP or HTTPS?

The "random set of characters" is the Mac Address for one of your extenders or placeshifters. Clicking that will start playback of the recording on that device. You can give it a descriptive name by editing the SAGE_HOME/webserver/extenders.properties file.
Yeah, I figured out about the extender when the show suddenly started playing on it! So that part works fine. The "on this page" button does nothing on my ipad, though. Just a blank box.

I checked, and Media Streaming Services is installed, though it (and the Mobile Web Interface plugin) do not say "enabled", nor is there an option to disable them. I assume this is normal behavior. Using http.

Last edited by Prestermatt; 12-23-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah, I figured out about the extender when the show suddenly started playing on it! So that part works fine. The "on this page" button does nothing on my ipad, though. Just a blank box.
Make sure JavaScript is enabled: Settings -> Safari -> JavaScript -> On. If not then the button won't work. If it's on, turn on Safari's console to see if there are any JavaScript or HTML errors: Settings -> Safari -> Developer -> Debug Console -> On.

Quote:
I checked, and Media Streaming Services is installed, though it (and the Mobile Web Interface plugin) do not say "enabled", nor is there an option to disable them. I assume this is normal behavior. Using http.
Yes that's normal.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Make sure JavaScript is enabled: Settings -> Safari -> JavaScript -> On. If not then the button won't work. If it's on, turn on Safari's console to see if there are any JavaScript or HTML errors: Settings -> Safari -> Developer -> Debug Console -> On.
JavaScript has been on, and the debugger showed no error.

Also, my wife tried it on her 1st generation iPod Touch (3.0) and got a play symbol with a line through it. So no luck there either.

Last edited by Prestermatt; 12-27-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Add'l Info
Old 12-27-2010, 09:26 PM

So after a little testing of the streaming...

I have a Core Duo 2,2ghz, trying to stream HD-PVR .ts files at the 'Great' encoding setting. I know this may be sub-optimal, just trying to get the config right at the moment.

- When logged in to my network via VPN, the mobile interface works fine (over 8080, jetty non-ssl) - but the streaming will not work. I get the video play button in the crossed-out circle icon on iPhone (4.01) and a blank black box on the iPad (4.2.1). I understand it will not worked directly over SSL, but would have thought that VPN might have worked...

- When opening the 8080 port and connecting publicly, everything seems to work fine on the 4.01 iPhone (3GS). BUT, the streaming does not work on the iPad (4.2.1). I get the play video button..when clicked, it greys out for a moment, but then returns to the white video icon, and does not launch the iPad video player.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure about either of those, I'm going to need some logs. Please go over to the Mobile Web Interface V2 iOS Streaming thread and follow the instructions about generating a log and posting it for support.

Thanks.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Sage User

Think I just found out a bug. I browsed my listing on my iPhone to add a show as a favorite. The show was correctly listed. When I clicked on "Add favorite", the title of the show had the wrong encoding. So special character like "é" were displaying as "@Ä" (can't remember exatly, I would need to check that out). Edit : it's é

Anyway the favorite was created with these character so no upcoming show were detected as the listing was using the normal characters... I finally created the favorite on my server and everything is fine. Even if I use my iPhone to manage my favorites, the recently added show is displaying the correct characters.

Don't know where's the problem but I guess that working in English, you just never had to deal with such characters. Yep, I'm a french canandian

Last edited by dmegatool; 01-10-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can I install this manually in SageTV version 6.6, or does it depend on stuff in version 7? I don't really want to update to version 7 because I have no other reason to right now and I have lots of customizations in 6.6 that I don't want to port to 7.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
Can I install this manually in SageTV version 6.6, or does it depend on stuff in version 7? I don't really want to update to version 7 because I have no other reason to right now and I have lots of customizations in 6.6 that I don't want to port to 7.
Well, I gave it a shot. Seems that the Media Streaming Services plugin depends on the PluginAPI, which I guess is new in Sage 7

Oh well, maybe I will update to Sage 7 at some point.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Sage Expert

Link to Orb...

While I had asked previously, I am still wondering if it would be possible to add in a link to stream via Orb?

The page does an OTF User Agent check to see if you are running some form of Apples OS and subsequently allows a link to the Live Streaming capabilities. Would it not be possible to add in a link under the 'Watch Now' portion to stream via Orb is it NOT an iOS device?

For example:

https://mycast.orb.com/orb/html/vide...TS19-9459062-0

... would open a secondary page on the Orb server to then stream the located file (In this case, an AMC series - The Walking Dead). I never did have too much luck with the direct links to the Orb file structure...

It just strikes me that until Apple's progressive streaming becomes more prevalent, and with all the non iOS devices asking for some sort of solution, this would be a 'relatively easy' (stopgap) solution.

-Jason
Old 01-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
While I had asked previously, I am still wondering if it would be possible to add in a link to stream via Orb?
Does a link like that actually works? For my android app, I've contacted most of the streaming companies and I either got ignored or pretty much got a "can't be done" reply...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 01-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Does a link like that actually works? For my android app, I've contacted most of the streaming companies and I either got ignored or pretty much got a "can't be done" reply...
Depending on the codec support of your device... yes. I use the full web server to serve up (via Orb...) the flash version to my Android (2.2+) phone. Currently I have the Samsung Epic and I have to tell you, the screen on this puppy looks great!

Now, should your browser have the extension support for .asx/.pls etc, it should pass that playlist on to the appropriate video player that you have configured. vPlayer seems to do quite well, but the browsers are hit and miss with extension support.

-Jason
Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

jreichen and Fonceur,

The android app Vplayer now supports http live streaming I just tested this stream:

http://devimages.apple.com/iphone/sa...rog_index.m3u8

On my epic 4g running a custom rom (froyo dk28), but the rom shouldn't matter. It played great! Any chance of the mobile web interface or tasagetv serving up the .m3u8 urls so we can open them in Vplayer?

As I mentioned a couple posts ago, I'm not running Sage7 yet, so I can't test it. But if this could work, it might be worth the hassle and cost of upgrading to Sage7.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The android app Vplayer now supports http live streaming I just tested this stream:
Interesting, the question is can I just "open a url" and VPlayer will be offered as a choice, or even better, is Jason's plugin creating that .m3u8 url and can I just point to it? Or maybe open the app with the query and it would get back the .m3u8 itself...

The VPlayer app does seem to be taking a beating on the comment/rating side...

EDIT: It seems that the FFmpeg library was used in the VPlayer app, which is why it supports Apple's HTTP live streaming.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad

Last edited by Fonceur; 01-23-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Interesting, the question is can I just "open a url" and VPlayer will be offered as a choice, or even better, is Jason's plugin creating that .m3u8 url and can I just point to it? Or maybe open the app with the query and it would get back the .m3u8 itself...
Well, it is "registered" to handle at least some URL types. Probably through "intents". I haven't written an android app yet, so I'm not entirely clear on all that. I cleard the default video player as the default handler for media files, and now when I open an mp4 url, I get the option of using the default player or vplayer. And, vplayer handles ALL video files I've come across, unlike the default video player, because of the hardware acceleration.

I haven't found any website serving up any HTTP live content in a form that will just launch vplayer, does anyone have some sites with HLS streams?

Quote:
The VPlayer app does seem to be taking a beating on the comment/rating side...
Yeah, people are upset because the Dev said it would always be free, and now it costs $3. Jeez, $3 ??? As far as I know, it's the only player available so far that handles http live streaming. Coreplayer 2.0 is supposed to be coming soon, but it's not out yet. And I'm sure it will cost a lot more.

Quote:
EDIT: It seems that the FFmpeg library was used in the VPlayer app, which is why it supports Apple's HTTP live streaming.
Well, technically, I think it supports more video codecs because of FFmpeg. HLS is really just a container/streaming protocol, right? There are other apps that use FFMpeg that don't support HLS.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

I guess we need a volunteer with SageTV 7 and Android...
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegatool View Post
Think I just found out a bug. I browsed my listing on my iPhone to add a show as a favorite. The show was correctly listed. When I clicked on "Add favorite", the title of the show had the wrong encoding. So special character like "é" were displaying as "@Ä" (can't remember exatly, I would need to check that out). Edit : it's é

Anyway the favorite was created with these character so no upcoming show were detected as the listing was using the normal characters... I finally created the favorite on my server and everything is fine. Even if I use my iPhone to manage my favorites, the recently added show is displaying the correct characters.

Don't know where's the problem but I guess that working in English, you just never had to deal with such characters. Yep, I'm a french canandian
That's strange I'm using UTF-8 everywhere and IIRC nielm's web ui does too. I'll have to do some research. Those chars don't show up in my guide so I never noticed that.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

The page does an OTF User Agent check to see if you are running some form of Apples OS and subsequently allows a link to the Live Streaming capabilities. Would it not be possible to add in a link under the 'Watch Now' portion to stream via Orb is it NOT an iOS device?

For example:

https://mycast.orb.com/orb/html/vide...TS19-9459062-0

... would open a secondary page on the Orb server to then stream the located file (In this case, an AMC series - The Walking Dead). I never did have too much luck with the direct links to the Orb file structure...

It just strikes me that until Apple's progressive streaming becomes more prevalent, and with all the non iOS devices asking for some sort of solution, this would be a 'relatively easy' (stopgap) solution.

-Jason
I was going to look into the code for nielm's web server again and see what it does. I did that awhile ago and seem to remember the browser needing a logged in session with Orb before the links would work.

Would you mind trying it in nielm's web server (aka SageTV Web Interface in plugin manager) and seeing if it's the same as what you're suggesting? I don't use Orb so if I add this I'll have to rely on users for verifying it.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
jreichen and Fonceur,

http://devimages.apple.com/iphone/sa...rog_index.m3u8

On my epic 4g running a custom rom (froyo dk28), but the rom shouldn't matter. It played great! Any chance of the mobile web interface or tasagetv serving up the .m3u8 urls so we can open them in Vplayer?

As I mentioned a couple posts ago, I'm not running Sage7 yet, so I can't test it. But if this could work, it might be worth the hassle and cost of upgrading to Sage7.

Thanks
It doesn't seem to like the HTTPLS coming from the mobile web interface. I disabled security as a test and that fixed one problem but it still wouldn't play the video. There isn't anything in the sage logs so I'd have a hard time tracking down the problem if the video player doesn't log anything besides a message on the screen saying something like "Can't play file." That's always helpful.

My TODO list for Sage development is growing faster than I can keep up with so I'm afraid I won't have time to do a lot of work on this. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it work because I have an Android phone as well as an iPhone.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I was going to look into the code for nielm's web server again and see what it does. I did that awhile ago and seem to remember the browser needing a logged in session with Orb before the links would work.

Would you mind trying it in nielm's web server (aka SageTV Web Interface in plugin manager) and seeing if it's the same as what you're suggesting? I don't use Orb so if I add this I'll have to rely on users for verifying it.
Yes... It works. The link I posted is directly taken from the full server. If you are not logged in, it will ask for your credentials. All you have to do is reselect the link at that point...

Tags
mobile, web