SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Sage User

SageMy Movies API Failed

Last night I installed my new HD300 for the first time in extender mode. Installed the SMM plugin and it worked great. Tonight, for no obvious reason the SMM plugin is not loading. The info screen says: SageMy Movies API Failed. I then uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it. Now the SMM plugin is disabled. When I try to re-enable I get following message: A required dependency maybe missing or broken. As far I know all I did was shut down the HD300 and WHS server for the night? Any help restoring this to its former glorious state appreciated.

I have updated to the latest HD firmware including the beta firmware. Any advice appreciated.

This is what I have in library:

lo4j ver 1.2.15
MS SQL JDBC ver2.0
Sagex-api Sage TV aPI EXtensions 7.0.23.4

MyMovies WHS 1.6.1.4 (pre-release)
SageTV software ver: 7.0.23

Last edited by Gunserotti; 12-15-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

What version of SageTV?

And please read the sticky at the top of the forum regarding LOGS.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Sage User

WHS SageTV software is:7.0.23. OK I think I uploaded my logs. One of the files was 10mb so I deleted the content first and then recreated the error. Thanks
log sent via email.

Last edited by Gunserotti; 12-15-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

What has worked for me in a similar situation is to delete the SMM application (NOT the API!). This should result in the SMM API listed as active. Then reinstall the SMM application.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
teq
Old 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I was finally able to reproduce this at home this weekend when I was moving some stuff around. However I am not sure what caused this as I didn't have the source code handy

I believe it is extender related though and after christmas when I am back coding I will track it down. I am sure i broke something when I started moving code around
Old 12-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage User

OK...I'm going to try and re-install everything again (my movies, Sage TV, and your plugin). I'll post my results. Otherwise I'll just hang tuff. Let me know if I can provide any logs/assistance. J

*edit* Just reinstalled everything and same error message SageMyMovies API ver 1.22 Failed.

Last edited by Gunserotti; 12-15-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

@Gunserotti, as I said - DON'T uninstall/reinstall everything!

ONLY delete the SMM application (NOT the API!). This should result in the SMM API listed as active. Then reinstall the SMM application.

This has worked for me (and and at least on other member in this forum).

Cheers,

teq
Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teq View Post
@Gunserotti, as I said - DON'T uninstall/reinstall everything!

ONLY delete the SMM application (NOT the API!). This should result in the SMM API listed as active. Then reinstall the SMM application.

This has worked for me (and and at least on other member in this forum).

Cheers,

teq
Well all I can say is you and him got "plumb lucky" because that makes 0 sense. I tried it as well and it didn't fix mine.

Out or curiosity does a datafile exist for smm? I delete mine and that is where I hit the snag.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Sage User

I had this problem also and just uninstalling the SMM application and leaving the api but it still remained in a failed state. I ended up removing both the UI Mod and the API, installed the api directly first, then installing the UI mod and everything worked. I also did this at friend's to resolve their failed api install as well.

just thought i'd share in case it helps you track down the issue
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Well all I can say is you and him got "plumb lucky" because that makes 0 sense. I tried it as well and it didn't fix mine.

Out or curiosity does a datafile exist for smm? I delete mine and that is where I hit the snag.
Well, maybe - but that always works for me. And I had to do so for two releases or so...

Cheers,
teq
Old 12-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
I had this problem also and just uninstalling the SMM application and leaving the api but it still remained in a failed state. I ended up removing both the UI Mod and the API, installed the api directly first, then installing the UI mod and everything worked. I also did this at friend's to resolve their failed api install as well.

just thought i'd share in case it helps you track down the issue
I had to do it this way also. I removed everything & installed the API first & then the regular SMM plugin. Works great.
HD-DVD Titles 166
DVD Titles - Too Many To Count..
Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Same here. Just built a new WHS box and Sage MyMovies is the only thing not working. The symptoms are the same - API failed. I've tried all things listed so far and nothing works.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techvet View Post
Same here. Just built a new WHS box and Sage MyMovies is the only thing not working. The symptoms are the same - API failed. I've tried all things listed so far and nothing works.
Problem FIXED! After posting I thought about just restarting the SageTV Service on my WHS box. A quick shutdown/restart was all it needed. Sage My Movies is working again and life is good!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Problem FIXED! After posting I thought about just restarting the SageTV Service on my WHS box. A quick shutdown/restart was all it needed. Sage My Movies is working again and life is good!
Let me know if this "fix" is stable. I might try it if it works for you. Otherwise I will wait for the author to have a look and give the go ahead to install...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunserotti View Post
Let me know if this "fix" is stable. I might try it if it works for you. Otherwise I will wait for the author to have a look and give the go ahead to install...
If you can get passed the api fail it should be stable. I don't know of any major existing issues.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Sage User

I would agree w/PluckyHD. There is no other reason for this to fail once it passes so by all means try it. I tried reinstalling 3 or 4 times in various sequences each time with the exact same results. I tried the Stop/Restart of the SageTV Service with everything installed and the API showing as FAILED. As soon as I completed the Restart the API immediately went active (i.e. passed), but the actual SMM add-in was disabled (as per normal.) With the API functioning, enabling the add-in was a quick click and I was done. I would highly recommend that folks having trouble try this as you have nothing to loose.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I would agree w/PluckyHD. There is no other reason for this to fail once it passes so by all means try it. I tried reinstalling 3 or 4 times in various sequences each time with the exact same results. I tried the Stop/Restart of the SageTV Service with everything installed and the API showing as FAILED. As soon as I completed the Restart the API immediately went active (i.e. passed), but the actual SMM add-in was disabled (as per normal.) With the API functioning, enabling the add-in was a quick click and I was done. I would highly recommend that folks having trouble try this as you have nothing to loose.
It worked Thanks...this is a cool UI!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

I can't seem to get the API to install. I always end up with it failed as well.

I just installed SageTV7 in a new area so there was no previous anything installed.

I've tried installing the API with a restart of the service, installing sagemymovies with and without a restart, but nothing works. I always get the API Failed message.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
dave
Old 12-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Try this. Start from scratch so uninstall the plugin and then uninstall the API, restart sagetv whenever prompted

1.) Install the SageMyMovies UI Mod plugin. The plugin will succeed but API will fail. Restart if prompted.
3.) Uninstall SageMyMovies UI Mod. DO NOT RESTART when prompted.
4.) Uninstall SageMyMovies API. DO NOT RESTART when prompted.
5.) Reinstall SageMyMovies UI Mod. Restart if prompted.

This happened to me a few build back but after that, it's been fine each time there has been a new build and I had to update.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Try this. Start from scratch so uninstall the plugin and then uninstall the API, restart sagetv whenever prompted

1.) Install the SageMyMovies UI Mod plugin. The plugin will succeed but API will fail. Restart if prompted.
3.) Uninstall SageMyMovies UI Mod. DO NOT RESTART when prompted.
4.) Uninstall SageMyMovies API. DO NOT RESTART when prompted.
5.) Reinstall SageMyMovies UI Mod. Restart if prompted.

This happened to me a few build back but after that, it's been fine each time there has been a new build and I had to update.
I just tried the 5 steps above and still no MyMovie love happening here.

I still show the API as failed and when I try to go to the wall I get a SQL exception.

dave