SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Sage User

SAGETV 7 rocks - moving to this solution after being with WMC for years

I tried the trial version, especially the placeshifter, and was floored that I could also use my Mac OS with placeshifter to access Sage on my Windows 7 HTPC.

I have had the HD-PVR DVBlogic (with network pack) WMC center solution for a few years now and am tired of the headaches. Also hated how I could not access WTV recordings through macbook air also and could not cut off commercials with WTV files. The trial SAGE7 was so seemless as is the client and placeshifter

Just ordered the HD SageTV HD Theater 300 to replace loud HTPC in bedroom.

Thank you SAGE - you guys rock.

Any cool tips and tricks from long time sage users to newbies would be greatly appreciated.

I will have Windows & connected to living room TV which houses all recordings, music, and videos. Also Sagetv HD theater in bedroom. Everything connected through ethernet. Will also put placeshifter on macbook air. I also have Windows 7 dualboot on Macbook air -- is there any advantage to having the Sagetv client software on there also? -- i know that the Mac client is not compatible with Windows HTPC server
Old 02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've been using sage for about a month, I moved in after years of MCE (XP Media Center, Vista, W7), theres basically nothing you have to do with sage. Just have a server with lots of space and wala!. If you have movies (MKV, DVD, ISO'S, wathever) give a look to Sage My Movies, its kind of slow when browsing on the extender, but its cool anyway. Also get used to use the favorite option when view tv, in time you wont see much live tv anymore.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Sage User

thanks gab -- looking forward to setting this up -- hopefully tonight will get at least the HTPC side non-trial version going as I wait for Sage tv theatre in the mail (want to go back to 32-bit so to use tim moore's firewire channel changing). -- I will def check out Sage my movies and the favorite option
Old 02-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Sage Expert

Check out the plugins. SMM has been mentioned and it looks like you may have already found comskip (if you haven't get that set up asap!) Diamond is worth checking out also, it spiffs up the UI quite a bit. Sage Job Queue (SJQ) is a very flexible scripting engine that allows you to do just about anything you can imagine with recordings, and Sage Recording Extender (SRE) is a must if you record sporting events. Beyond that poke around and see what suits you.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Sage User

oh man getting excited for all the new fun - thanks spectrum