SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone else having problems with Slide Panel in Movies section?

I have had to disable the Slide Panel in the Movies section from sliding in from the right. Occasionally, the panel will slide in as expected after x (set to 4 seconds on mine) number of seconds, however if I hit the right or left button on my remote to browse to a different movie the TV screen will freeze and the little wheel will begin spinning indefinately. I have to either stop the Sage service or reboot the server to fix the problem. Either way, I have to also power cycle the HD-300 as well. During this "freeze" a red error triangle will appear at the top of the SageTV info bar. Upon restarting the HD-300 when I go to System Messages, the system message screen is blank. Nothing explains why I got the red triangle error message.

Disabling the slide panel seems to fix the problem. The only view I typically use is Cover Flow and this is where the problem is occuring for me. So for now, I have disabled the Slide Panel and haven't seen the problem again.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
I have had to disable the Slide Panel in the Movies section from sliding in from the right. Occasionally, the panel will slide in as expected after x (set to 4 seconds on mine) number of seconds, however if I hit the right or left button on my remote to browse to a different movie the TV screen will freeze and the little wheel will begin spinning indefinately. I have to either stop the Sage service or reboot the server to fix the problem. Either way, I have to also power cycle the HD-300 as well. During this "freeze" a red error triangle will appear at the top of the SageTV info bar. Upon restarting the HD-300 when I go to System Messages, the system message screen is blank. Nothing explains why I got the red triangle error message.

Disabling the slide panel seems to fix the problem. The only view I typically use is Cover Flow and this is where the problem is occuring for me. So for now, I have disabled the Slide Panel and haven't seen the problem again.
Hi Biggen,

I just tried the Cover Flow view with the info side panel set to slide out after 2000ms on my PC client and my HD300 and didn't have any issues with lock ups or spinning circles. I naviagated around for a couple minutes on each with no issues.

What is your java heap set at on your server? 1024MB?

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 03-28-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Add question
Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
Jorton,

My Java heap is set to default. I had it set at 1024 a month ago for about a week's duration but I noticed SageTV, as a whole, seemed more "sluggish" when the heap was set to this high. I put it back to its default value and everything seemed so much more responsive after this.

Gunserotti hit the nail on the head. The "freeze" does seem to happen if you attempt to navigate to another movie whilst the current movie panel is sliding in the from the right.
I'll check that out and see if I can recreate when it's not done sliding out from the right.

Thanks,

J
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks guys, I was able to recreate the issue and also got the red error message "Out of Memory Detected" when I did it. I've logged it on the google code site.

Cheers,

J

Last edited by jorton; 03-29-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Looks like our posts went out of order for some reason. Probably from the server issues they are having.

Anyway glad you were able to recreate the problem Jorton! Well, not glad you found a problem... You know what I mean...

Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Sage User

Jorton....try hitting the fast forward or reverse button while the slide panel is moving out. On my system this will crash it requiring restarting the sage server software.

I noticed this in the follow scenario. When browsing in Wall Flow with the fast forward button....and as the slide panel appears and I simultaneously hit fast forward it will crash as stated above. I just stopped using this method for browsing

From system information:
My Java version is 1.6
JVM heap Size 130MB/194MB/400MB (is this what your looking for?)

Cheers
Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jorton,

My Java heap is set to default. I had it set at 1024 a month ago for about a week's duration but I noticed SageTV, as a whole, seemed more "sluggish" when the heap was set to this high. I put it back to its default value and everything seemed so much more responsive after this.

Gunserotti hit the nail on the head. The "freeze" does seem to happen if you attempt to navigate to another movie whilst the current movie panel is sliding in the from the right.