SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

any progress of making the TV/Movie setting stick?

I am having this issue left and right. If I set an item to be TV it ignores that and insists it is a movie. I read a few posts about try unimporting it and reimporting it... and it having to do with the ID number starting with MF or MV instead of EP...

Any progress on fixing this, is it on the radar, do we think this is fixed?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

I see this issue when i remain on the webpage after making the change.

can you try changing the content to tv or movie whichever is different than what is on the page. save it, hit configure at the top, then go back to browse and find your media file again?

for me, that always shows the updated value.

just wondering if maybe you are having a browser cache issue.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

tried that... no help.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

hmm. sorry i will browse around the bmt thread and see if i can find anything for you.

Stuckless may be able to chime in and tell you straight up whats going on.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I am having this issue left and right. If I set an item to be TV it ignores that and insists it is a movie. I read a few posts about try unimporting it and reimporting it... and it having to do with the ID number starting with MF or MV instead of EP...

Any progress on fixing this, is it on the radar, do we think this is fixed?
It's certainly not on the radar to be fixed... since I've never encountered the issue and I can't reproduce your issue.

So, if I understand you correctly, you go into the metadata editor, change the mediatype to TV, hit save, and then the immediately reverts back to Movie. I've done this 100s of times and I've never had a change fail to save.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a couple items that will NOT set themselves to TV... Several weeks back I read a post where someone was having the same issue and I think it was you Stuckless (though I am not sure) were talking about how the episode ID started with MV and it needed to change to EP for the TV setting to take.

I will try to find that post but my swiss chese brain (allusion from Quantum Leap) cannot remember the name of the post.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I have a couple items that will NOT set themselves to TV... Several weeks back I read a post where someone was having the same issue and I think it was you Stuckless (though I am not sure) were talking about how the episode ID started with MV and it needed to change to EP for the TV setting to take.

I will try to find that post but my swiss chese brain (allusion from Quantum Leap) cannot remember the name of the post.
I guess my point is more that when you load up an item, and import it as tv, ie, you click the sage recording checkbox and then hit save, it will automatically change the external id to EP (which is what sagetv uses to denote a recording).

So, just to clarify... your issue is very specific to the fact that you navigate to a non recorded tv item, click the sage recording, and then save, then the show is not imported as a recording. (ie, the sage recording checkbox does not stay checked immediately after the save operation).

If you are talking about an issue where you do this, and then a few days later the data is reset, then that is not bmt, and is likely a totally different issue.

Either way, I've never been able to reproduce the issue of bmt not saving metadata, since the act of saving metadata is pretty trivial and uses documented sagetv apis to do so.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

It is starting to sound like the issue is a mis-understanding of stuff I read and a mis-understanding of how to achieve what I need/want. So let me expain what I am doing and what I am trying to acomplish.

I have many episodes to tv shows in my import area. As you know, we must create a new view under TV and set the filter to show these episodes. I still have some episodes that show up under movies.

It was my understanding that if I went to the entry for that episode in BMT web interface and looked at the TV/Movie setting... on each of those wayward episodes they are listed as a movie and not an episode. These are not sage recordings but rather rips from DVDs.

If I go to that wayward episode, and change it from Movie to TV, then have it look up the metadata... then hit save... it will save all the metadata but the tv/movie setting will go back to Movie immediately (which changes some of the metadata of course). Closing the browser and re-opening it, or any other method of refreshing the page has no effect.

In the long run... these episodes will not move to the filtered view I created, they stay in the videos area.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you tried going into Edit Raw Metadata and changing the Mediatype to TV? I find that sometime you have to so this to force changes like this.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

thank you... I will try that and see if it works.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

I did have one video file in the past that would not accept any metadata edits. For whatever reason, no matter what I did, I could not save the metadata on that single item. As soon as I saved it, it would immediately revert back to the old metadata in the web ui (which happens because when you save, then bmt, re-refetches the metadata from the database after the save, and send it back... used more as a visual sanity test to ensure that the data was saved).

The only way that I could eventually get the file to accept metadata was that I had to delete the files from the filesystem and get saged to refresh its file so that they were missing, and then I added them back, and it worked. I suspect there was some sort of database corruption, but i can't be sure. All I know is that bmt wasn't responsible, since it handled that specific file the same way as all other files.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had actually thought of taking this approach, but wanted to see if there was a better solution.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

When you're specifically setting the mediatype from movie to TV are you immediately clicking save without supplying season and episode numbers?

The only way to make TV stick as the mediatype is to supply the season and episode information at a minimum. Without those extra pieces of data, BMT rejects the change.

I believe this is exactly what you're experiencing. Easy fix, put in the season and episode numbers before clicking save