SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

4.9.20 Released - Metadata Editing enhancements

* Added Previous/Next and "Save and Next" to the Metadata Editor panels
* Added File path to the MediaTitles dialog
* Browser view resets to the top when you select a view or navigate a folder
* New fanart configuration panel
* New Tabebed Metadata Editor panel
* Refresh has menu of items that can be refreshed
* Refreshing configurations now give an indication of the error
Old 06-07-2011, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI - When you update BMT make sure that you restart savetv server and when you load the application for the first time in the browser, if you see errors, then clear your browser caches. (Typically I do this by holding down shift and hitting the reload/refresh button a few times in the browser)
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Sage Icon

One word. WOW!

ALL of the new additions are really great. The tabbed display and fanart manipulation are excellent. I love the fact that the cast and crew go their own tab. That change alone cleans up the editor page nicely and provides a nice amount of real estate.

Now that there's multiple refresh options, what functions are being performed for 'Refresh Configurations'?

Thank you for all your hard work! It looks like a ton went into this release.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
One word. WOW!

ALL of the new additions are really great. The tabbed display and fanart manipulation are excellent. I love the fact that the cast and crew go their own tab. That change alone cleans up the editor page nicely and provides a nice amount of real estate.

Now that there's multiple refresh options, what functions are being performed for 'Refresh Configurations'?

Thank you for all your hard work! It looks like a ton went into this release.
Thanks for all the requests/tips/suggestions

The refresh basically refreshes vfs, menus, and mediatitles. They all happen so fast that I figured it was best to just do everything.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
One word. WOW!

+1, really like the tabs.

J
Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Sage Icon

These are some reall awesome additions Sean, as always AMAZING job!!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Not sure if this is an error or not, but i tried to download a fanart poster and received and error when using a direct link to download.

i proceeded to look at the fanart location on my sage server and i noticed that int the root of the movie there was a poster file which was blank named poster.

I removed that file manually, and then the download worked perfectly.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Not sure if this is an error or not, but i tried to download a fanart poster and received and error when using a direct link to download.

i proceeded to look at the fanart location on my sage server and i noticed that int the root of the movie there was a poster file which was blank named poster.

I removed that file manually, and then the download worked perfectly.
Keep an eye on that... see if it happens again. i did see that as well, and I added code to prevent that. The previous version had a bug that created a Poster file (not a directory) but that code was removed, so I'm wondering if this Poster file was created as part of the old version or if this bug still exists.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

will do. thanks!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

I agree with the comments above - great improvements to BMT.

One question/suggestion. I don't seem to see the episode Fanart on the Fanart tab - am I missing something or is this not implemented? If not can you please implement in the next version? I am pretty sure that BMT does download episode specific Fanart, if available.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I agree with the comments above - great improvements to BMT.

One question/suggestion. I don't seem to see the episode Fanart on the Fanart tab - am I missing something or is this not implemented? If not can you please implement in the next version? I am pretty sure that BMT does download episode specific Fanart, if available.
Episode fanart was not implemented on the fanart tab... I'll try to add that in for th next round.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had two power outages within a span of three hours this morning, and my Sage server was REALLY acting strange and sluggish. I took the opportunity to try and clean things out, which broke a lot of the plugins and dependencies...

I have almost everything reinstalled that I did have including (get this) - the BMT Web interface, BMT Command Line, Phoenix, Jetty and everything else that I can think of for BMT. Problem is, I can't find BMT in the plugin list to install! :O

It's not installed, and I can't find it in the plugin library at all. I checked to see if maybe it was there and I couldn't see it for some other reason, but nope... when I select a video to see the metadata options, it ain't there.

Any advice? Where did BMT go?

Sadly.... me...

Just re-read the instructions for installation, and uninstalled BMT Web, re-installed BMT Web and I still have no BMT options, nor can I even connect to the WebUI now. Man, it's broke bad! :'(

Last edited by can3gxw; 06-11-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

My recommendation would be to remove all plugins (including library plugins), and then restart, and make sure sagetv is acting normally.

After that try installing just the batch metadata tools web ui (which will install all dependencies) and see if things work after that.

Sounds like you may have some corrupt files due the unexpected shutdowns of the power outtage... I'd also invest in a simple UPS... You don't need to keep everything on the UPS, I mainly just keep main server (not the montitor) since I only need it really for brown outs.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Man, what a giant PITA this has been... and yes, stop the spanking... LOL. A UPS would be ideal for me, but now maybe I will have to knuckle down and get one. :-)

I actually uninstalled a ton of plugins, reverted back to 7.15, then upgraded back to 7.18 and then reinstalled BMT and things are starting to look a little better. At least now I can actually connect to the BMT Web interface (yesterday it didn't even exist). Problem is, it's asking me now for my usename and password, which doesn't work now. I have tried both - my "custom" uid as well as the sage/frey and neither are working.

I seem to recall that these can be put into the sage.properties file if you want to change them... I can't find this anywhere in there, and I can't find in the BMT docs (just overlooked it?) how to change it.

Getting closer... oh, so close... I think I need to do another ground up rebuild of my HTPC... Been a while since I've done it.

Thanks!!

>> FOUND IT... realm.properties in the jetty folder.... whew... thanks again, I think it'll be a rebuild afternoon!

Last edited by can3gxw; 06-12-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

you can also change the jetty user/pass from the jetty plugin configuration.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Spoke too soon... now the Phoenix Core Services plugin is showing "FAILED" and my attempts to uninstall it and all the others including BMT, then reinstalling aren't working either...

Any suggestions before I nuke the whole thing? There was a thread I recall seeing a long time ago that gave advice on what to back up (wiz.bin) if you wanted to completely clean your system of Sage and reinstall.... Can't find it now...