SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Awesome thanks Jason!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I responded via the Plex forums on your Watched/Unwatched Status ticket (#4 I believe...)

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/...80#entry229580
Did anything ever become of the "watched" status flag coming into Plex? I went through the import procedure this weekend, but the Sage status on a show wasn't inherited that I saw and everything is marked unwatched. Was there something that I need to do on my end to get this to work?

thanks for the great work BTW.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Did anything ever become of the "watched" status flag coming into Plex? I went through the import procedure this weekend, but the Sage status on a show wasn't inherited that I saw and everything is marked unwatched. Was there something that I need to do on my end to get this to work?

thanks for the great work BTW.
Nope. Syncing status in should work without issue on recorded movies. Syncing back to sage though is still an open item which I doubt i will ever implement.... sorry
Old 07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Nope. Syncing status in should work without issue on recorded movies. Syncing back to sage though is still an open item which I doubt i will ever implement.... sorry
You said "movies" does this mean SageTV's watched status on recorded TV shows status isn't sync'd in to Plex? Because that's what I'm seeing.

Syncing back to Sage I can deal with.

Edit: I'm happy to redo the process all over again if you need a log file or something to look at. Actually, I see I have lots of logs already. I see nothing in there that shows me whether the "unwatched" status is applied or not. Happy to send them to you.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL

Last edited by phelme; 07-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You said "movies" does this mean SageTV's watched status on recorded TV shows status isn't sync'd in to Plex? Because that's what I'm seeing.

Syncing back to Sage I can deal with.

Edit: I'm happy to redo the process all over again if you need a log file or something to look at. Actually, I see I have lots of logs already. I see nothing in there that shows me whether the "unwatched" status is applied or not. Happy to send them to you.
That is correct. We opted to use the built in movie metadata agents from plex because they are already so robust. the only thing we use for SageTV Recorded Movies is the custom scanner which picks up the files in SageTV named format, and gets the title of the movie from SageTV BMT. The title and a few other pieces of info from BMT like the year for example is stored in the metadata object and then passed to the pre-built Plex Movie Metadata Agents....

does that answer your question?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That is correct. We opted to use the built in movie metadata agents from plex because they are already so robust. the only thing we use for SageTV Recorded Movies is the custom scanner which picks up the files in SageTV named format, and gets the title of the movie from SageTV BMT. The title and a few other pieces of info from BMT like the year for example is stored in the metadata object and then passed to the pre-built Plex Movie Metadata Agents....

does that answer your question?
Yes, but...

I think I found my answer here, in the BMT Agent bundle __init__.py file, Update(...) procedure, the "watched" status line of code is commented out that calls back to Plex:

#Log.Debug('*** callingggggggg: id=%s' % media.id)
#setWatchedUnwatchedFlag(str(media.seasons[s].episodes[e].id), airing.get('IsWatched'))
#episode.writers =
#episode.directors =
#episode.producers =
#episode.rating =

that might have something to do with it.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes, but...

I think I found my answer here, in the BMT Agent bundle __init__.py file, Update(...) procedure, the "watched" status line of code is commented out that calls back to Plex:

#setWatchedUnwatchedFlag(str(media.seasons[s].episodes[e].id), airing.get('IsWatched'))
#episode.writers =
#episode.directors =
#episode.producers =
#episode.rating =

Yep that was my code (previously had a setWatchedUnwatchedFlag which called a plex URL which is the only way to "scrobble" and "unscrobble" in Plex). We'll have to revisit it but it's pretty straightforward (just take the Plex URL, pass in scrobble or unscrobble and the plex media id and then you're done).
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, but...

#episode.writers =
#episode.directors =
#episode.producers =
#episode.rating =

u asked about Sage Movies right? Sage Movies use the custom movie scanner and the default metadata agent provided by plex. you cannot set the watched/unwatched status from the scanner, only from the metadata agent. So unless you are planning on doing something custom, you won't be able to set the watch unwatched for sage movies using the custom scanner and default movie agent... now if you still have the custom movie metadata agent brian built a while ago, you may be able to tweak that to get it to work
Old 07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
u asked about Sage Movies right?
no, don't care about movies, only TV show recordings. I understand that a different agent is used for movies and that's cool.

so theoretically I should be able to remove the exiting Sage TV shows I have already scanned from the Plex database, change the BMT agent code to carry over and set the watched status via "scrobble/unscrobble" from Sage and then re-add? sounds easy enough. thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
no, don't care about movies, only TV show recordings. I understand that a different agent is used for movies and that's cool.

so theoretically I should be able to remove the exiting Sage TV shows I have already scanned from the Plex database, change the BMT agent code to carry over and set the watched status via "scrobble/unscrobble" from Sage and then re-add? sounds easy enough. thanks.
Got it. Yes you should be able to do that without issue. I would pull the most recent version of the BMTAgent code from google, and use that. I just checked the most recent version of the code, and it doesn't seem to have the watched/unwatched code commented out as you indicated in an earlier post. I also just removed all of my sage TV Shows, rescanned, shut down plex, readded the bmt code, started, rescanned, and all watched/unwatched synced properly.