SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Sage Expert

Need guidance on how to create additional files when recordings are created

Hey guys. I've been fooling around with XBMC and am wanting to try and integrate my Sage recordings and possibly live tv with XBMC. What I would like to do is create an .strm (XBMC playlist-like file (ascii text)) and a .nfo file (meta data for the recording) every time a new recording is started with Sage.

While testing, I am able to pull all the information I need from SageX. I can create the .strm and .nfo files just fine in Python but I have no idea how I can call these Python programs when the recordings start. I would also like to be able to delete these .strm and .nfo files when the user or system deletes the associated Sage recording.

Can anyone tell me how I can tie the file creation/deletion with my Python programs? Also, how long does it take for the meta data to be ready in SageX after a recording starts? Is it just pulling the data from the guide data or does it have to do some internet scraping to get some of the information?

Thanks
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to create a "General" plugin and then capture the events that are triggered when a recording ends and when a media file is deleted. Take a look at the source for the CommercialDetector plugin to see how that works. (On my project site on Google Code.)

You can call python from within Java by using jython. You can look at the NaviX plugin to see how that's done. You may determine it's easier to create the .strm and .nfo files from Java, that's up to you.

Take a look at the example code and post your follow up questions.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Take a look at the source for the CommercialDetector plugin to see how that works. (On my project site on Google Code.)
Thanks for the information. I couldn't find the source in the downloads or in the source tab on your project site. I'm probably overlooking the obvious.
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 08-28-2012, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Look here: http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/so...e/#svn%2Ftrunk

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.