SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI.... Here's the build log for

If you click the image, you'll get to the build log. So if says BUILD:FAILED and you click the link, you'll see log which will show the reason it failed.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Does the TravisCI script get run on a periodicity as well, or only when a commit is pushed?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-02-2016, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Does the TravisCI script get run on a periodicity as well, or only when a commit is pushed?
currently, only when something is pushed... but, it is possible to manually trigger a build/rebuild. I can't tell Travis to do to a timed build, but I could setup a cron on a server have it trigger the builder periodically.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
And I have a new plugin, PushBullet for SageTV, that will be a V9 only plugin, since it uses some APIs that are not available in V7. This plugin basically pushes SageTV System Messages (Halt Detected, etc) to your phone/desktop, if you have the PushBullet app (or extension) installed.
This sounds very similar to Slugger's SageAlert plugin which would allow you to publish alerts in various ways such as email, Growl/Prowl, text files and Twitter (until Twitter clamped down on their API).

Any chance on making the PushBullet more generic like SageAlert? SageAlert still works and I use it all the time. And I also get Growl alerts from my Control4 HA system.

What's the difference between Pushbullet and Growl? I suspect Pushbullet is more Android centric and Growl is more Mac/iOS specific.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
(BMT is dead, but not sure if the mobile web and the main web will be updated to work with the V9 server, or if we just start over and build a single web app that encompases, mobile, web and bmt applications -- I'm leaning towards the latter)
It makes sense to have everything in the same place but I find the functionality in BMT crucial, especially fixing metadata for files that don't import correctly. Often TV shows get imported as movies if the filename doesn't correspond to the convention. So it would be great if that functionality remained as it is today. The current media file pages of the web server are not that strong. And don't forget about the batch functionality as that is occasionally VERY useful. BMT also works with folders/directories as entities rather than just Sage concepts like MediaFile, Airings and Shows.

It would also be great if this be web admin functionality also allowed you to "hot change" properties in the sage.properties file that used to require you to edit that file - one example is encoder merit (of which there was a discussion a little while ago).
Old 01-03-2016, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
This sounds very similar to Slugger's SageAlert plugin which would allow you to publish alerts in various ways such as email, Growl/Prowl, text files and Twitter (until Twitter clamped down on their API).

Any chance on making the PushBullet more generic like SageAlert? SageAlert still works and I use it all the time. And I also get Growl alerts from my Control4 HA system.

What's the difference between Pushbullet and Growl? I suspect Pushbullet is more Android centric and Growl is more Mac/iOS specific.
The premise is probably the same, Sage Alert is probably a little more developed with a web ui. This plugin is just a single file that literally maps a Sage System Message to Push Bullet notification. You can configure which messages you want to see in the plugin configuration.

PushBullet not an android centric notification system, but rather, a mobile/web notification system. I use it for a number of other different (non sagetv) tasks, and I like the fact that notifications go directly to my phone and my desktop browser, using the pushbullet chrome extension.

It would seem to me that something like pushbullet is just the next evolution of something like growl. PushBullet doesn't require any desktop software to be installed... ie, it's a purely hosted solution. You do need software to receive messages through. So, from a plugin perspective, if you installed this, it would send messages, but unless you install the iOS app you'd never get them.

I have some iOS devices and a macbook, but I'm not that interested in growl... but if sagealert is working and I don't see why it would stop, then I'm not sure there's any need to extend this with growl... but if I get more time, I'll look into it.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It makes sense to have everything in the same place but I find the functionality in BMT crucial, especially fixing metadata for files that don't import correctly. Often TV shows get imported as movies if the filename doesn't correspond to the convention. So it would be great if that functionality remained as it is today. The current media file pages of the web server are not that strong. And don't forget about the batch functionality as that is occasionally VERY useful. BMT also works with folders/directories as entities rather than just Sage concepts like MediaFile, Airings and Shows.

It would also be great if this be web admin functionality also allowed you to "hot change" properties in the sage.properties file that used to require you to edit that file - one example is encoder merit (of which there was a discussion a little while ago).
BMT is dead in the sense that I don't want to continue developing it under GWT. I do think that whatever happens, there will always be a "BMT" like set of features.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The premise is probably the same, Sage Alert is probably a little more developed with a web ui. This plugin is just a single file that literally maps a Sage System Message to Push Bullet notification. You can configure which messages you want to see in the plugin configuration.

PushBullet not an android centric notification system, but rather, a mobile/web notification system. I use it for a number of other different (non sagetv) tasks, and I like the fact that notifications go directly to my phone and my desktop browser, using the pushbullet chrome extension.

It would seem to me that something like pushbullet is just the next evolution of something like growl. PushBullet doesn't require any desktop software to be installed... ie, it's a purely hosted solution. You do need software to receive messages through. So, from a plugin perspective, if you installed this, it would send messages, but unless you install the iOS app you'd never get them.

I have some iOS devices and a macbook, but I'm not that interested in growl... but if sagealert is working and I don't see why it would stop, then I'm not sure there's any need to extend this with growl... but if I get more time, I'll look into it.
That's fair enough. I think SageAlert will continue for a bit but I believe Slugger as EOL'ed all of his plugins.

By the way, how do you kick off a process on a system message? Then it would be easy to send anything you want, assuming that it has an API.

On a related note - can you kick off an event when the playback of a media file ends?
Old 01-03-2016, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's fair enough. I think SageAlert will continue for a bit but I believe Slugger as EOL'ed all of his plugins.

By the way, how do you kick off a process on a system message? Then it would be easy to send anything you want, assuming that it has an API.

On a related note - can you kick off an event when the playback of a media file ends?
It would be easy enough for me to extend the plugin to fire off a process or script... I'll look into that.

My plugin doesn't actually send a message on recording complete, although it looks like I thought about it, since I added the method.

Here's the plugin source...
https://github.com/stuckless/sagex.p...letPlugin.java
Old 01-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Sage

I'm OK with how this was done...I'm happy the prior repo isn't getting abandoned and is included as the 'base' for the V9 repo. That was my main concern about the whole V9 repo discussions before. I'll go over the change, and likely approve it shortly.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'll add the xmllint check to each manifest, since that part is easy.

I think that in addition to just xml validation, I know jeff actually validates each package to make sure it matches the md5, etc. I might do that eventually, but for now, I'm OK with just verifying the integrity of the xml file.

This script took about 30 minutes to create... it's amazing what you can do with simple linux commands . Eventually we'll need something more robust, either written in java or maybe python, that does better validation, etc.
BASH and several of the core Linux utilities are things I know my way around pretty well. I don't know JAVA or Python, but if there are things you wanted to keep as a shell script I'd be happy to help out.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Sage

And I did approve this change and merge it.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
BASH and several of the core Linux utilities are things I know my way around pretty well. I don't know JAVA or Python, but if there are things you wanted to keep as a shell script I'd be happy to help out.
For now, I don't intend to change the process from bash to python... just saying that as the script gets more complex, I might exhaust what I can reliably do in bash, and have to move to python (or java) to do more complete validations, etc. But for now, it'll stay a bash script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
And I did approve this change and merge it.
Thanks... I saw that... i just haven't had time to spin a new build... real work is taking over
Old 01-15-2016, 11:55 AM
Administrator

I've created the v9 Customizations forum for new v9+ plugins.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.