SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Linux: Sleep/Wake

I'm choosing between upgrading an existing v7 setup to v9 under either Windows or Linux. This would be a headless setup, either way (i.e., client side would be handled by HD200s and HD300s).

I'm unclear as to whether or not Sage's power management features -- sleeping when idle, waking up prior to the next scheduled recording -- work under Linux. The v7 documentation doesn't say they don't work, implying they do, but I've seen posts in the forums that they don't.

Can someone with experience with v9 under Linux clarify this? Thanx!
Old 03-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Sage

PowerManagement is only implemented on Windows and Mac currently. It likely wouldn't be too hard to add for Linux. There's only 2 native methods that need to be implemented. One for setPowerState0 which tells the system if it can go into a low power state (or if it needs to retain itself in the on state); and then also setWakeupTime0 which tells it when it needs to wakeup again if it goes into standby. These are both defined in sage.PowerManagement.

Tags
linux, sleep