SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool Windos 10 and photo rotation

I was reading the post here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63389
and it reminded me of something.

When you bring photos into windows 10, it automatically rotates the thumbnails by reading the EXIF data; but it doesn't rotate the original. I've got a complaint into MS because if you know the file needs to be rotated and use the built in rotate feature to rotate the original, the thumbnail also rotates. It's a mess.

So I'm debating whether or not to continue rotating images. But the issue is that SageTV doesn't read the EXIF data and thus, if I don't rotate the original the image shows up sideways in the screensaver.

Any ideas?
Hauppauge Quad
AMD A6-3500; 8 GB RAM
Gigabyte A75-UD4H MOBO
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Receiving Free Over-the-Air HDTV in Sunny San Diego
Old 08-19-2016, 01:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

I use Picasa for photo management, (and now Google has abandoned it...grrrr). While it reads EXIF data to rotate photos, it has a group "Save" icon that applies the rotation to the working copy of the photos even though you don't see that it did anything to get the photos to show up in the right direction. I use the SageTV photo screensaver and Emby, (and a Picasa albums daydream module for Android TV--the kids love seeing themselves on the screens...) None of those except Picasa albums use EXIF data to automatically rotate photos, but thanks to Picasa they are all the right way up now. Unfortunately Picasa is no longer supported . I've tried the Adobe and Cyberlink photo management offerings, but neither seem to be as slick or as useful as Picasa. Maybe Google will open source it in a few years...

Last edited by KarylFStein; 08-19-2016 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

Sage does rotate JPGs based on EXIF data. Make sure you have the following line in your .properties file:
autorotate_jpeg_images=true
Old 08-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Sage does rotate JPGs based on EXIF data. Make sure you have the following line in your .properties file:
autorotate_jpeg_images=true
Huh, it is rotating now and that line is in my properties set to true. I wonder if the default was false at some point and just stuck as false until I did a clean v9 install...