SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:16 AM
Sage User

Any hope of a v10 that supports LAV and MadVR?
Old 01-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
Any hope of a v10 that supports LAV and MadVR?

Lav filters are what most people are told to install when they say the program does not work so I know Lav works with Sage TV.

Never tried MadVR but if you do install that your best bet is to stick with the 32 bit decoders instead of the 64 bit ones mainly due to Sage TV being a 32 bit program if I remember right so sometimes when you use the 64 bit decoders they may not show up as an option when you choose list all decoders to use them after you install them.

I know Lav has an option to install both the 64 bit and 32 bit decoders and if MadVR does the same you should be able to use it using the list all decoders option

I should add that new users get told that as people tend to have their own own best decoders to use with their version of sage tv that are older users so that is probably why those were not bundled with Sage tv and then they may have to get the rights to bundle it with sage tv even thought they are available for anyone so I assume they just have not did it yet to let people decide and not deal with possible bulk licenses and then also they would have to keep the drivers up to date as since I installed lav it was updated and I did not know until you mentioned it and I checked out the site once again

Last edited by trallyus; 01-29-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

LAV works just fine with Sage. MadVR does not, because most of the renderer logic is hard coded to use the three options presented (Overlay, VMR9, and EVR). That's not to say it couldn't be made to also work with MadVR, it's just that work has not been done (and I'm guessing there are fewer and fewer people using windows clients these days, with android moving forward)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Sage User

Sorry, I should have been more clear -- I've used LAV with SageTV -- what I was getting at was SageTV adding CC support if using LAV and/or MadVR.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
LAV works just fine with Sage.
Not for me and some others it doesn't. Much pixellation with HD imported videos, under Sage only (same videos fine with LAV on other clients). I raised a bug on it months back, one of the reasons I started dumping the windows clients.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients