SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Having massive CPU time shifts sporadically, is SageTV related?

I run a Windows 7 x64 server and a Windows 10 x86 client. They both run 24/7.

I have been having for the past year+ very odd, very dramatic time acceleration, on both computers. These time shifts do not happen constantly. They seem to come on in the early evening, when Sage is recording my daily news broadcasts. Then in the late evening, the time shifts stop.

It is the most bizarre thing.

I am forced to run a timesync program that re-syncs the time every 15 minutes or so. The good thing about this is that it logs the time errors. Often, time will be accelerated by 5 minutes per 15 minutes. I can physically watch the system clock go off the rails. Obviously, without this timesync fix, the recordings times are dramatically off.

I found this post:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ift-on-windows
which describes events similar to what I experience. Is Java the culprit?

I do not have any theories on why the client also shows very similar time shifts.

Do the client and server sync times with each other? I remember a setting that would do this with the Sage EPG server, but I have disabled that option (also the server is discontinued).

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 08-15-2017, 08:42 AM

In power option setting are using balanced or high performance option
Just wondering what your server system spec ? a list of all hardware and list of software install running on the server
Old 08-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Some of the specs are in my signature, but specifically, I have a E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 2.40GHz, running Windows 7 x64.

The power setting is for high performance.

The motherboard, admittedly bottom of the barrel, is an Asrock G31M-GS, with 4gb of DDR2 memory. There is no overclocking, because this board is incapable of such a notion =). This was the only mobo available that was compatible with a C2D and the RAM I had when my older mobo died. I recently replaced the battery on the board, so I do not think that is the cause. Plus, it is an intermittent time acceleration.

I have a SSD boot drive, 1 old school PATA drive, 2 SATA drives, and 2 USB 3.0 drives connected.

I have a Creative Audigy 2 in one of the PCI slots. My graphics are run with an AMD Radeon HD 6450.

In terms of software running on this server, in addition to SageTV (not run as a service), I have Teamviewer, qtorrent, Karen's Time Sync, ServerWMC (to serve as a Kodi PVR backend), and Bitdefender antivirus.

Because the time shift is intermittent, I have difficulty associating any of this hardware/software as the cause. (The mobo is complete crap, but it's crap ALL the time )

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Old 08-17-2017, 04:21 AM

I think what going on is you may have failing CMOS battery so here what I do and hope lee this solve it.

1: Write down your bios setting or take picture of it.
2: Power the system and pull power cord
3: Move CMOS jump in to clear CMOS mode wait a few mins
4: Take old battery out (if you volt meter what voltage on it should be above 3v)
5: I put in a brand new CMOS battery just cases there something wrong with that one buy good brand CR2032 like Energizer, Honeywell or even Sony.
6: Move CMOS jump back to default mode
7: Go those your bios setting get everything as it was

Re test it hope lee you shouldn't have any more problem but it if still doing that more then like there an issues with your motherboard hardware may a bad cap some there or your power supply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your suggestion. I did replace the CMOS battery a short while ago but still have the same issues. I'll just have to wait and replace the mobo when it's time for the next HTPC upgrade (soon probably!).