SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Have also noticed that if I choose on the movie menu "Search for Fanart and Metadata", and select the appropriate movie, now the folder.jpg thumbnail for the background is also replaced by the proper fanart background. I guess I could trundle my way through and redo a search on every movie for fanart to fix the problem.
On something that doesn't have the right fanart go into "Manage Metadata" then "Edit Metadata" and see if there is a value set in "Media Title" and "Media Type". That is what is used to determine what folder it should be looking for fanart in.

Quote:
I've also noticed that while playing with fanart for a movie in the 64 bit Sage, when I started up 32 bit Sage, now the fanart is wiped out for that movie in 32 bit Sage, and seaching on it (the movie "2012") turns up no results.
2012 is probably a bad example, as I know it doesn't work

Quote:
I didn't think changing fanart details in Sage 64 bit (short of wiping out all the fanart) would affect it in 32 bit. Is there some fanart db file somewhere that's getting affected when each Sage instance is trying to use it?
No db file, only wiz.bin. Then the phoenix APIs find the fanart form the "Central Fanart Folder"\"Media Type"\"Media Title" and the type of fanart Background, Poster etc

Quote:
I'm surprised no one else is running into this...
It does seem to be something unique to your setup, as I have tried to replicate and can't.
There is a phoenix.log in SageTV\SageTV\logs that might shed some light

John
Old 04-25-2019, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Is there some kind of SageTV image caching involved that is already cached on 32-bit?
Old 04-25-2019, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Is there some kind of SageTV image caching involved that is already cached on 32-bit?
Yes. The images don't load direct from the Fanart folder. The Phoenix APIs do a transform on them and they are cached in .\SageTV\userdata\Phoenix\cache\imagetrans.

However if they don't exist then the Phoenix APIs will create them.

With the Phoenix Fanart plugin, the cached images for a PC client and HDx00 are stored in different locals which allows them to be different resolutions.

I can see from the 32bit logs that the images from the cache, but the 64bit logs show it's not finding the images in the Fanart folder.

@SteveW can you check that folder to see if any of the PCxxx or HDxxx folders in .\SageTV\userdata\Phoenix\cache\imagetrans have any recent files in them

John
Old 04-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post

@SteveW can you check that folder to see if any of the PCxxx or HDxxx folders in .\SageTV\userdata\Phoenix\cache\imagetrans have any recent files in them

John

In the 64 bit sage directory structure in the imagetrans directory, there are almost no backgrounds. 95% + of it is posters. The only backgrounds that are there are from mostly today's date, and are only the movies where I was in the movie details, selecting "manage metadata", and asking the system to "search for fanart" for a particular movie.

As compared to my 32 bit sage, which has a gazillion posters and backgrounds in various directories in imagetrans.
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-25-2019, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Steve, can you check in "Manage Metadata" then "Edit Metadata" and see if there is a value set in "Media Title" and "Media Type" for something without art.

Also the phoenix.log could be helpful

John
Old 04-26-2019, 04:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks Steve, can you check in "Manage Metadata" then "Edit Metadata" and see if there is a value set in "Media Title" and "Media Type" for something without art.

Also the phoenix.log could be helpful

John
Sorry I missed that post.

I think you're on to something. You're right, other than the ones I recently did a search for fanart on, all of the other movies have a blank media title and media type field.

I've attached the Phoenix log file. The Phoenix-Metadata log file is empty so not sending that.

Isn't the media title and media type stored in the wiz.bin? I copied that over from my production 32 bit sage, so would have thought that info was there...

Tnx!

-S
Attached Files
File Type: zip phoenix.zip (4.8 KB, 214 views)
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-26-2019, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

OK, yes it is stored in the wiz.bin, but they will get removed if they are not there during a library scan. All that metadata should have been re-imported if you have .properties files in \\SERVER-W1\MOVIES2

This should fix it up. On one of your BMDV files go into Manage Metadata, Additional BMT Scans, Select A Directory to Scan, Up Directory until you get to \\SERVER-W1\MOVIES2, then Select Current. The default 4 tick boxes should be OK, but you could just select Update Metadata and Scan Subdirectories.
Scan Selected Folder.

John
Old 04-29-2019, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK, yes it is stored in the wiz.bin, but they will get removed if they are not there during a library scan. All that metadata should have been re-imported if you have .properties files in \\SERVER-W1\MOVIES2

This should fix it up. On one of your BMDV files go into Manage Metadata, Additional BMT Scans, Select A Directory to Scan, Up Directory until you get to \\SERVER-W1\MOVIES2, then Select Current. The default 4 tick boxes should be OK, but you could just select Update Metadata and Scan Subdirectories.
Scan Selected Folder.

John

Ok that seems to be working. I did look, and for all of my movie shares, there are already property files for all the movies. I noticed that the movies I had recently gotten the fanart to work on have properties files on the same date as I did the recent lookup. Don't know why its not reading the existing properties files for all my movies.....

Old 04-30-2019, 01:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok that seems to be working.

Quote:
Don't know why its not reading the existing properties files for all my movies.....
There are a couple of things that should have happened.
The wiz.bin should have retained the metadata
BMT doesn't automatically scan files that have an existing .properties file, but the metadata should have been imported from the properties files. (Definitely true for video files), but that may not be true for DVD/BD, so I'll have to look into that to clear it up in my mind

Glad to hear it's working.

John