SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Prime 6 delayed again.

Looks like the Prime 6 is dead for now .. I am so glad Channels DVR has implemented TV EveryWhere.

From SD Prime 6 homepage ...

To our customers and anxious fans of the HDHomeRun PRIME model and the upcoming 6 tuner version HDHomeRun PRIME6

When we launched the original PRIME 3-tuner model, there were years of development, testing, tweaking and certifications. No one knew of this because it was just released, and the units are still working today ("HDHomeRun devices just work").

We are still very excited as we plan and develop the updated generation, adding full CableCARD support of 6 simultaneous programs. We had been premature on a few occasions in announcing this product creating expectations from our fans (and the occasional dramatic naysayers).

There have been chipsets that were sold off and killed in the middle of our dev (twice). And delays due to normal development that many don't know nor deem relevant beyond "just give me my PRIME!" and we respect and love that passion.

I want to assure all of our customers and fans that we are still deep in development of the upcoming PRIME6 and we will announce only when the time is right and when we are in mass production. There will be no casual updates or dart board dates to appease the masses. A lot goes into developing new hardware, and as I have said before, "if this one was easy, everyone would have one on the market."

All of us at Silicondust want an HDHomeRun PRIME6 in our homes as much as our supporters. Keep watch and sign up for our mailing list, or follow us on social media so that you'll be the first to know when we are ready to release more information.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

This is very disheartening. I guess this means I need to focus on getting my existing two Prime's working fully. Even though they are both connected to the same coax cable with a two-way splitter, one pulls in the broadcast channels fairly well in HD, while the other one is spotty. Which means I have to keep most of the broadcast channels pointing to the SD version of the station, so that I can reliably tune those stations. I've spent several hours working with a cable "technician", he was not much help.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 10-27-2019, 11:44 AM

Yup it sad there not much they can do

Last edited by SHS; 11-01-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I will be extremely surprised if we ever see it.