SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

DTS soundtrack and FireTV 4K = Error?

I have the miniclient running on both FireTV 4K sticks and Nvidia Shields. I have just conducted a brief experiment where I have determined that using the miniclient with exoplayer, I cannot watch blu-ray rips in MKV files with DTS soundtracks on the FireTV 4K, but it works fine on the Nvidia Shield. The error message pops up - "com.google.android.expoplayer2.audio.AudioSink$InitializationException: AudioTrack Init failed: 0, Config(48000, 252, 480000)". I think that this used to work on the FireTV, but I am not certain. Can anyone else confirm this or explain why?
Old 12-31-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

I was able to get DTS soundtracks to play by changing a setting: "ExoPlayer FFMpeg Audio Extension" from "On-Use if Needed" to "Preferred - Always use if possible". Not sure if the "On-..." setting is operating as intended. One consequence of switching to preferred - the FireTV seems to be transcoding all audio from both DD (AC-3) and DTS to DD+. BTW - the Nvidia Shield works with DTS in the "On-Use If Needed" setting.

Last edited by Telecore; 12-31-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
I was able to get DTS soundtracks to play by changing a setting: "ExoPlayer FFMpeg Audio Extension" from "On-Use if Needed" to "Preferred - Always use if possible". Not sure if the "On-..." setting is operating as intended. One consequence of switching to preferred - the FireTV seems to be transcoding all audio from both DD (AC-3) and DTS to DD+. BTW - the Nvidia Shield works with DTS in the "On-Use If Needed" setting.
A few thoughts.

1. There are some issues with audio rendering fixed in the next point release of ExoPlayer. This could be a recent issue that was introduced, and hopefully fixed.

2. It could be a decoder issue on FireTV. Changing the setting on the FFMpeg extension is making it so that the FireTV is not decoding it, but FFMpeg is. This leads me to believe this could be FireTV issue. That is partially why I added that setting, so you have the option to work around decoder issues.

I feel like the Shield is the gold standard right now... Seems to work on everything.
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.