SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I got the SMI file extracted from the last episode of Medium, but it was off considerably from the sound. Arrghhh.

Well, thanks to everyone so far.

Robert
Old 03-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

You can adjust the caption display timing.

John
Old 03-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox View Post
I use DirMon.
I have Dirmon2 sort of working. It keeps creating the job over and over to extract subtitles from the same mpg with ccextractorwin, but I think I know the problem. CCextractor creates a .smi file with a different name. It appends a _1 to it. Is there a way to stop that from happening with ccextractor?

Robert
Old 03-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Sage Icon

Here is my dirmon config for smi files. In CCextractor you can specify the output file name.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dirmonsmi.jpg (95.1 KB, 243 views)

Last edited by ToxMox; 03-28-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here is my dirmon config for smi files. In CCextractor you can specify the output file name.
Is it the same for SMI, except .smi instead of .bin where appropriate?
Old 03-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
Is it the same for SMI, except .smi instead of .bin where appropriate?
Edit: I tried it. Not working so far. What is %FULLFILESPEC% ?
Old 03-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

I use a slightly different way of processing the captions because I output both srt and smi files and generate them from the bin file. I modified my .bin profile for smi just for the screenshot but I missed the one .bin. I have reuploaded the screenshot to reflect the proper changes. %FULLFILESPEC% is a built in DirMon variable.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

BTW here is the list of supported DirMon variables
Code:
Example filename: D:/TV/Nova.mpg
%FULLFILESPEC% - D:/TV/Nova.mpg
%DRIVE% - D
%PATH% - D:/TV
%DIRECTORY% - TV
%BASENAME% - Nova
%EXTENSION% - mpg

Example filename: D:/Nova.mpg
%FULLFILESPEC% - D:/Nova.mpg
%DRIVE% - D
%PATH% - D:
%DIRECTORY% - 
%BASENAME% - Nova
%EXTENSION% - mpg

Example filename: //Media/TV/Nova.mpg
%FULLFILESPEC% - //Media/TV/Nova.mpg
%DRIVE% - //Media/TV
%PATH% - //Media/TV
%DIRECTORY% - 
%BASENAME% - Nova
%EXTENSION% - mpg

Example filename: //Media/TV/SageTV/Nova.mpg
%FULLFILESPEC% - //Media/TV/SageTV/Nova.mpg
%DRIVE% - //Media/TV
%PATH% - //Media/TV/SageTV
%DIRECTORY% - SageTV
%BASENAME% - Nova
%EXTENSION% - mpg
Old 03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Sage Icon

So Valnar...any luck?
Old 03-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry I did not reply back.

Yes, it is working fine. So is Dirmon2. Everything works well, except depending on the program, it may be out of sync. It's not as nice for placement, etc as internal CC, but it's good enough. No fault of this excellent plugin obviously.

I like the fact dirmon2 deletes the sub files after I delete the recording. Very nice.

Thanks for your help.
Robert

Last edited by valnar; 04-02-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I use a slightly different way of processing the captions because I output both srt and smi files and generate them from the bin file. I modified my .bin profile for smi just for the screenshot but I missed the one .bin. I have reuploaded the screenshot to reflect the proper changes. %FULLFILESPEC% is a built in DirMon variable.
JREkiwi,

Thanks for your selfless work on a wonderful modification.

ToxMox,

I saw your screenshot and am having trouble understanding the command line options you listed. I am trying to get dirmon2 to run ccextractor to produce both .smi and .txt files. I have dirmon2 set up to run comskip and I can get ccextractor to output to same folder as ccextractorwin.exe via cmd line instructions. (like: ccextractor -srt sopranos_sample.mpg -o1 sopranos_sample.srt) So basically I can get them both to work individually but not together.

Apparently you can avoid the ccextractor _1 problem by specifying file name?
And you can identify an output folder?

Would you please clarify your usage of dirmon2 command line options / variables (perhaps with simplified examples) of how to output .smi and .txt files of specified name to a specified folder.

Do you also experience a severe misalignment with cc and video using ccextractor output via dirmon2 as others have mentioned? How to you avoid/correct this problem?

(Fortunately, currently I have no lag at all with the Comskipped embedded cc in Caption Playback.)

I am so close...

Thanks for any assistance...
Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Sage Icon

Post #308 in this thread has explanations and examples of how to use DirMon's builtin variables. As per the ccextractorwin documention the -o parameter allows you to specify an output filename.

Enclosing with the double brackets [[ ]] will automatically "quote" the string if there are spaces within the brackets.

Why are you trying to output srt files first of all and why as txt files?

When you say "Comskipped embedded cc in Caption Playback" what exactly do you mean? I am confused by this statement.

If you are talking about plain old embedded CC being decoded by the mpeg decoder then yes these will always be accurate.

External caption files displayed by a DirectShow filter such as DirectVOBSub(VSfilter) should also be accurate because the filter is tied to the video playback not Sage's timeline.

My belief is that the captions are accurate but it is timeline playback issues with Sage that causes the external SMI captions with this plugin to get out of sync.

I'll have to play around with the external captions on my HD extender to see if they are out of sync or not. I suspect they aren't because from what I understand the timeline issues are fixed for the HD extender.

HTH
Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Sage User

Working great now. Your post on #308 was perfectly clear, I am just new to this stuff and was being dense. Thanks for your additional explanation.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I just imported Caption_Playback.xml via SageMC "Import STVi" menu option. However, I can't find any options settings anywhere under SageMC's Detailed settings page or anywhere else.

Is there something I'm missing? I didn't use the jar file that this package came with per the instructions.

Edit: I am also using the MovieTimes import.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-06-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I just imported Caption_Playback.xml via SageMC "Import STVi" menu option. However, I can't find any options settings anywhere under SageMC's Detailed settings page or anywhere else.
It should be in SageMC>Extras>Captions Playback Options

Quote:
Is there something I'm missing? I didn't use the jar file that this package came with per the instructions.
I always use the latest version of a JAR that I have. If the rar has a newer version than the existing version, I overwrite. If older, I skip.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Jack, thanks for the quick reply back. I see the option.

There are a couple of features that appear to be broken under SageMC...

1) I dont see where the caption icons are. I dont see caption icon settings either.

2) Font color wont change after changing the setting.

Also, what does "Captions Skip Save on Play" do? I didnt see any references to that in the instructions.

Thanks so much for this great plugin! I wish I found out about it sooner.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Jack, thanks for the quick reply back. I see the option.

There are a couple of features that appear to be broken under SageMC...
yup, some of the stuff doesn't work in SageMC.

Quote:
1) I dont see where the caption icons are. I dont see caption icon settings either.
captions icons are just if the plugin can see an .smi file for the recording, and I don't recall if it works in all areas of SageMC. May onlyl work in imported videos and not recordings. But that doesn't apply to us that use embedded captions anyways.

Quote:
2) Font color wont change after changing the setting.

Also, what does "Captions Skip Save on Play" do? I didnt see any references to that in the instructions.
These are both .smi caption options, IIRC. "captions skip save on play" may be related to being able to adjust the sync of the .smi captions to the playback of the video.

Quote:
Thanks so much for this great plugin! I wish I found out about it sooner.
JREkiwi definitely deserves thanks for this. He doesn't even use captions and he wrote the plugin for everyone else.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Jack, one last thing.. this is actually pretty bad... why is closed captions enabled in every single channel I watch ...even after I disable it on the OSD. I just want it to turn on when I turn it on manually or when I press mute.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Default behavor of CC in Sage is to remember the last setting. SO, if you turn in on, it will stay on untill you turn it off.

Now, the Closed Caption Plugin give you more options. GO to the captions playback options and set the default to OFF. That will have the captions always set to off until you turn them on. If you load a new show, the captions will revert back to the default off, even if left on during the last show.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh okay, now I understand what default means Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Default behavor of CC in Sage is to remember the last setting. SO, if you turn in on, it will stay on untill you turn it off.

Now, the Closed Caption Plugin give you more options. GO to the captions playback options and set the default to OFF. That will have the captions always set to off until you turn them on. If you load a new show, the captions will revert back to the default off, even if left on during the last show.

***RIP SageTV***