SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Jack for answering all those questions. I haven't been around for a few days.

Just an added piece of info. There is a bug in the movietimes import which means that the Caption import won't import properly if the movietimes has already been imported. Importing Captions, then Movietimes does work.

There are no Caption Icons when imported into SageMC. (It's just too hard to maintain with all the changes that occur in SageMC).

Can someone recheck the font color not working.

flachbar has got SageMC doing version checking of the df_sageutils.jar file now, so it's safest not to overwrite the existing one when using SageMC

John
Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Font colors work for me with .smi captions, but not with embedded captions. AFAIK, all the adjustments in the plugin only work for .smi captions, not for embedded captions.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Font colors work for me with .smi captions, but not with embedded captions.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
AFAIK, all the adjustments in the plugin only work for .smi captions, not for embedded captions.
That's correct

John
Old 04-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks Jack for answering all those questions. I haven't been around for a few days.

Just an added piece of info. There is a bug in the movietimes import which means that the Caption import won't import properly if the movietimes has already been imported. Importing Captions, then Movietimes does work.

There are no Caption Icons when imported into SageMC. (It's just too hard to maintain with all the changes that occur in SageMC).

flachbar has got SageMC doing version checking of the df_sageutils.jar file now, so it's safest not to overwrite the existing one when using SageMC

John
John, do you happen to know where the caption import fails when the movietimes import is loaded? I assume the movietimes import is trying to link something at the same place that the captions import is using as well. I tried importing the captions import in SageMC after the movietimes import and scanned through many lines of import output in the log file but could not tell where it may have been failing. I did notice a few minor errors in the movietimes import due to changed SageMC lines (I understand your point about maintaining for SageMC) but those particular errors should not cause any issues with another import. If there is something I can change in the movietimes import to prevent an import error in the caption import I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

morgan
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
John, do you happen to know where the caption import fails when the movietimes import is loaded?
morgan, off the top of my head, it was a problem is with the theme linking of the movietimes import in the customize section which was preventing both the movietimes and captions customize settings being displayed. Let me know if you would like more detail.

John
Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you have some more specifics it would be a great help.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
If you have some more specifics it would be a great help.
Sent you a PM

John
Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Got it.

Thanks for the details John. I have update the SageMC MovieTimes import here which should solve the import problem

Morgan
Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Ohoh... another import conflict!

John, I hate to say this; since I know you just delt with an incompatibility with another import; but your import breaks a pretty significant import.. AMG MiniGuide for SageMC. if you load your plugin (before or after) loading the AMG MiniGuide, it will not allow you to navigate through the miniguide anymore. Pressing up or down has no affect on the MiniGuide.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&highlight=amg

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Sage Icon

Ah, the curse of everyone trying to use the Up/Down keys. I'll have a look at a fix.

John
Old 05-10-2008, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey John, just a friend reminder to please help look into a fix for this. I love both plugins, but I can't really have my the miniguide completely not work just for advanced closed captions.

Thanks so much!
-Michael

Quote:
Ah, the curse of everyone trying to use the Up/Down keys. I'll have a look at a fix.

John

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hey John, just a friend reminder to please help look into a fix for this. I love both plugins, but I can't really have my the miniguide completely not work just for advanced closed captions.
Michael, sorry, haven't had a machine to work on, but try this one. If you install it after AMG it shouldn't break AMG. You won't be able to use the dynamic captions adjustment (Up/Down) as getting both these working together has proved rather difficult. So I thought I'd just provide this one as an option.

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 10-26-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Remove outdated attachment. Current version is available on the first post
Old 05-13-2008, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

You fixed it John! Thanks! AMG works and so does my advanced Closed Captions features. Not being able to use captions adjustments while AMG is imported is fine by me!

-Michael

Quote:
Michael, sorry, haven't had a machine to work on, but try this one. If you install it after AMG it shouldn't break AMG. You won't be able to use the dynamic captions adjustment (Up/Down) as getting both these working together has proved rather difficult. So I thought I'd just provide this one as an option.

John

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

HD-PVR

I just got an email in response to my question about the HD-PVR and closed captioning. thought it might be of interest, although it will still need to be tested depending on video codecs used, etc.

Yes. The HD-PVR will record the closed captioning.

Regards,

Dxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:21 PM
To: Dxxxxx
Subject: RE: Online order 34xxx

I do have one question… Does the unit support closed caption information? When I hook the unit to the cable box, will the recorded file include captioning information to be used by the player?

Thanks!

DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

so... CC data actually gets passed through the component video ports? interesting.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
so... CC data actually gets passed through the component video ports? interesting.
I didn't think that it did, so it will be interesting to see...
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 05-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Sage User

usage of comskip and dirmon2 for extracting CC

Can someone please help me set up getting CC from Live TV (Hauppauge PVR USB2)

I am using SageMC (6.3.7a)

I was planning to use ccextractorwin and set it up with dirmon2

Is there step by step guide on how to set up and troubleshoot this?

- Srecko
Old 05-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Unfortunately I think you are out of luck with that tuner. Most of the Hauppauge line supports CCinDVD in the driver. CCinDVD is the way that the tuner can save the caption data in a way that Sage can use it.

Last time I looked, the PVR-USB2 drivers did not have CCinDVD support. Now, if they do, then CC should be being saved into the recordings. And as long as you are using a good mpeg2 decoder like nVidia Purevideo, WinDVD, or PowerDVD, you don't need to extract the captions with ccextractor to play them.

You can use ccextractor or mpg2srt to quickly test to see if your tuner is saving the CC data. Just run the recording through the extractor progam manually. If you don't get CC data saved in the text file, then you are out of luck unless you can update the drivers, or change to a different Hauppauge tuner.

I don't extract the CC data, but I still use the CC playback plugin in SageMC for other features like auto-CC-on-mute and the abilitly to assign a remote button to toggle CC.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Sage User

I tried to do ccextraction on the mpg file I extracted and I saw .smi file and I checked contents, so it works.

So now it would be great if someone can show me how can I set up SageMC (and dirmon2) ti use .smi file while Live TV was on.

- Srecko
Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

cool that you are getting actual data with a USB2 tuner. An actual .smi file was extracted with readable captions?

Do you NEED to use .smi files to display the captioning? Because, you can't do LiveTV with it. You would need to wait for the end of the recording, and then have dirmon2 trigger ccextractor on the file.

But if you are using a good MPEG2 decoder, it can display the embedded captions during LiveTV.

Setting up SageMC to display the .smi files is easy, just install the CC plugin and in the Closed Captions Plugin settings SageMC, set it to prefer external captions.

Last edited by ke6guj; 05-26-2008 at 08:49 PM.