SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage User

Hi all.

I've been lurking in this thread (and others) for a bit as I been wanting to make sure I can access the closed caption info in my recordings (my hearing problems aren't severe enough that I'm completely in need of CC text... but it really helps w/ certain programs).

Anywho, one thing I haven't seen mentioned (or perhaps I've overlooked this functionality), but I would love to be able to search my recorded shows by something said during the show... ie., search the closed captioned text.

There is an enterprise version of BeyondTV that offers something like this, but you've can't just purchase the software, they make you purchase a full blown server from them.

Is this functionality available on SageTV?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not aware of that functionality in SAgeTV. If you needed something like that, you may be able to hack something up to do it. Assuming that you have the capability of recording CC, either with an analog Hauppauge tuner that supports CCinDVD, or are capturing the digital stream, you could run a CC extraction program on the recorded programs and then maybe set up some sort of program that could scan the extracted CC text files for the specific text. Sounds doable, but would take some work.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for so a good plugin

John, I just had to write back to say that this plugin work so well without any issues. I dont even think about it; and when I press mute on my remote... I just see Closed Captions. This even works perfectly when watching Comcast's OnDemand movies in HD; not just regular local TV channels!

Comcast On Demand with closed captions....

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/mkanet/CC-1.jpg

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
John, I just had to write back to say that this plugin work so well without any issues. I dont even think about it; and when I press mute on my remote... I just see Closed Captions. This even works perfectly when watching Comcast's OnDemand movies in HD; not just regular local TV channels!
Glad to hear it. It's been an interesting exercise, that I've learned a lot from.

John
Old 06-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylork View Post
Anywho, one thing I haven't seen mentioned (or perhaps I've overlooked this functionality), but I would love to be able to search my recorded shows by something said during the show... ie., search the closed captioned text.

......... Is this functionality available on SageTV?
No, although StephaneM suggested I add it to this import, when we were working on the Captions Adjust code. Just haven't got around to looking into it yet.

John
Old 06-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

any thoughts about my earlier post, for adding support for srt files, instead of transfering them to smi alwys?
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 06-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Comcast On Demand with closed captions....

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/mkanet/CC-1.jpg

On Demand? I am a bit confused...

If you are watching Comcast onDemand in HD then you must be recording using hardware like the HD-PVR to have an HD file. HD-PVR records in H.264 so are you able to extract the CC from an H.264 file? Are you using CCextractor?

I didn't think the CC info was in the H.264 file.
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

.srt?

Isn't there a way to make this read .srt files and not just .smi? I have all of my movies with .srt and it is a pain to redo them all!
Old 07-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillme2 View Post
Isn't there a way to make this read .srt files and not just .smi? I have all of my movies with .srt and it is a pain to redo them all!
Of course there is. You just write some .srt parsing code and I'll incorporate it into the import.

John
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Is there some special way that the smi files need to be formatted because I have SA rip out my smi files and they have all the cc data in them I just can't get sage to display them I get INVALID CAPTIONS FILE
Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
Is there some special way that the smi files need to be formatted because I have SA rip out my smi files and they have all the cc data in them I just can't get sage to display them I get INVALID CAPTIONS FILE
You need to configure SA for the captions to be in UTF-8 format.

John
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Thanks Ill try that I see that I have it set for utf-16 changed the setting everything should be good now

Last edited by wbarber69; 07-31-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:10 AM

How can i use features:
"Option to Toggle on Mute (Mute turns captions on, Unmute turns captions off)"

I could only make it work if i mute it using the Remote and not from clicking the "volume" icon using my mouse on SageTV interface.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Sage User

I'm having trouble getting this to work with my HD Extender. I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to install/set this up correctly, but this is what I did:

1. I downloaded the STVi and put the files in the proper folders.
2. I imported the STVi from within my SageTV server; I told it to rebuild and restart and all that.
3. I know this works because in the "Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize" area, I get 2 new options: "Captions Playback Options" and the font. I enable them, etc.
4. From within my HD Extender, I do step 2 again -- imported and rebuilt.
5. Unfortunately, in the Customize screen, I don't get "Captions Playback Options" -- I just get the fonts options.
6. During playback, when I go to try to enable them, it doesn't show me any new CC options -- as if it was never installed.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Posting this message as code due to the forum stripping stuff out
Code:
The author of ccextractor fixed a bug in SMI generation
where the   was coming in as &nbsp without the semi colon
 as it is in the SAMI standard.

So now the SMI files have   and I guess the caption playback
 import was programmed to hide 
the &nbsp but now that it is   I get a 
semi colon appearing all over my captions 
with the import. 
 Would it be possible to fix this so that my old files
 with the &nbsp don't display as well 
as the new   also don't display?
Thanks

Last edited by ToxMox; 10-18-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox View Post
Would it be possible to fix this so that my old files with the &nbsp don't display as well as the new   also don't display?
Sure. I can't believe, no-one else has noticed it on non-ccextractor smi files.

John
Old 10-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

Try this one, for a fix for the ccextractor issue. At the moment, I've got the caption import in a million pieces on the workshop floor and not enough duct tape to get it in any sort of workable state.

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 10-26-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Remove outdated attachment. Current version is available on the first post
Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

That seems to have done the trick. I'll report back if anything strange happens.

Thanks for the really quick fix!
Old 10-25-2008, 11:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Closed Caption broken again new SageMC & new AMG 2.0

Bad news, the Closed Caption plugin no longer works with the new version of SageMC with the AMG plugin loaded. Same problem as before. It didnt help to load this plugin after the AMG 2.0 plugin either.

Any chance you could make an emergency update? Currently, I use both plugins on almost a daily basis.

For the time being, I'm not loading Closed Captions plugin until there's a fix...

Thanks in advance!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-25-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Bad news, the Closed Caption plugin no longer works with the new version of SageMC with the AMG plugin loaded. Same problem as before. It didnt help to load this plugin after the AMG 2.0 plugin either.
You will still need to load this one after AMG 2.0 for it to work.

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 10-26-2008 at 12:59 AM.