SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Holy cow John. I've never seen someone respond with an update 'that' quick! Thanks a million!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
You will still need to load this one after AMG 2.0 for it to work.

John

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-26-2008, 12:27 AM
SageTVaholic

John, this one doesnt work either. AMG gets stuck. Even if load Close Captions after AMG 2.0. I am using df_sageutils.jar (modified: ‎Monday, ‎October ‎13, ‎2008, ‏‎10:46:30 PM). The one distributed with the one you sent me is quite old (2/19/2007), which isn't fully compatible with the latest sageMC.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-26-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
John, this one doesnt work either. AMG gets stuck.
Stuck when/where? I don't use SageMC, so I can't tell when something is not working properly, as none of it works the way I expect it to work.
Quote:
I am using df_sageutils.jar (modified: ‎Monday, ‎October ‎13, ‎2008, ‏‎10:46:30 PM). The one distributed with the one you sent me is quite old (2/19/2007), which isn't fully compatible with the latest sageMC.
That's fine. Always use the SageMC supplied one. It doesn't matter to the import which one is used.

John
Old 10-26-2008, 12:47 AM
SageTVaholic

To make things simple, its the same exact symptom. When I mean "stuck", I mean that I cant press UP/DOWN on my remote control or keyboard when trying to use the AMG menu.

Quote:
Stuck when/where? I don't use SageMC, so I can't tell when something is not working properly, as none of it works the way I expect it to work.That's fine. Always use the SageMC supplied one. It doesn't matter to the import which one is used.

John

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Sage Icon

My bad, more speed, less haste, and be careful of nested IFs.

This should do it

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 10-26-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Move attachment. Current version is available on the first post
Old 10-26-2008, 01:02 AM
SageTVaholic

if you do to quickly... else.. it no work

Quote:
My bad, more speed, less hast, and be careful of nested IFs.

This should do it

John

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-26-2008, 01:18 AM
SageTVaholic

It's working now. Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
if you do to quickly... else.. it no work

Removed the plethora of updates that were scattered in individual posts and put the most recent version on the first post of the thread.

John
Old 12-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great plugin. I've been wanting decent closed captions since I first got SageTV. Makes it easier to watch at night without waking the family. I'm currently trying CCExtractor and Caption Playback 1.2.3c (26 October 2008).
  1. I still see semicolons popping up all the time. Was that fix included in 1.2.3c?
  2. The (CC) icon is great (not all my tuners support captions) but CCExtractor still creates a small smi file when there are no captions in the recording at all. Is it possible to not display the icon for smi files smaller than, say, 5K?
  3. Are you stripping spaces from captions or something? I have CCExtractor set so that it tries to maintain original caption positioning by inserting extra spaces, making every line 32 characters long. Yet the following snippet of dialog...
    Code:
    <SYNC start="1381545"><P class="UNKNOWNCC">
    Right now Brent is bunking      <br>
    with a good friend.             <br>
                            I heard.
    </P></SYNC>
    displays something like...
    Code:
      Right now Brent is bunking
         with a good friend.
              I heard.
    which makes it kind of hard to see who is saying what. Even something like...
    Code:
    <SYNC start="1393258"><P class="UNKNOWNCC">
         Oh.              Excuse me.
    </P></SYNC>
    seems to display as...
    Code:
    Oh. Excuse me.

But still, this is the best closed caption option I've found so far.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Code:
<SYNC start="1393258"><P class="UNKNOWNCC">
     Oh.              Excuse me.
</P></SYNC>
seems to display as...
Code:
Oh. Excuse me.
[/LIST]
But still, this is the best closed caption option I've found so far.
Could you try changing the SAMI file and replace

Oh. Excuse me.

with

Oh.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Excuse me.

If it works as expected I'll change ccextractor to that it uses &nbsp; where there are several spaces together.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by troycheek View Post
I still see semicolons popping up all the time. Was that fix included in 1.2.3c?
Can you post an .smi file that is displaying semicolons so I can have a look.
Quote:
The (CC) icon is great (not all my tuners support captions) but CCExtractor still creates a small smi file when there are no captions in the recording at all. Is it possible to not display the icon for smi files smaller than, say, 5K?
I've see what can be done.
Quote:
Are you stripping spaces from captions or something? I have CCExtractor set so that it tries to maintain original caption positioning by inserting extra spaces, making every line 32 characters long.
Looks like it does strip spaces and &nbsp; as well as lots of other things. It's in a part of the original code that I've never really looked at. I'll see if I can make sense of it all.

John
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 AM

Problem with "Options While Playing"

Annyone know why I can't see the Plugin options when I watch a recording. I can see "captions" but no another from our plugin. I can't turn off the Caption for one video. If I change CC color, I don't see that into Recording (I think the Embeded CC is working but no the Plugin one).

I'm using the latest SageMC Beta

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by remsad; 12-23-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsmp3 View Post
If it works as expected I'll change ccextractor to that it uses &nbsp; where there are several spaces together.
I'm afraid it did not work as expected. The non-breaking spaces were stripped and not displayed. Well, the semicolons were displayed, which kinda got the positioning going, but that's another problem. Replacing multiple spaces with underscores (and I assume other non-whitespace characters) seems to work, so CCExtractor is at least attempting the positioning.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can you post an .smi file that is displaying semicolons so I can have a look.
I've see what can be done.
Looks like it does strip spaces and &nbsp; as well as lots of other things. It's in a part of the original code that I've never really looked at. I'll see if I can make sense of it all.
John,

I've included a snippet of an .smi file that is displaying semicolons on my system. Most are tiny flashes before a new caption is displayed, but there are a couple of longer ones. It looks like the &nbsp; is put in by CCExtractor to clear the previous caption. Is there no END to match the START in SAMI?

If not displaying the icon for short (and probably non-valid) caption files is non-trivial, don't expend a lot of effort. I think I can work around it with DirMon2 and a simple batch file.

If I had written the original code, I'd probably strip the spaces and center everything just to make it easier on myself. I've tried looking at the .stvi file to see if maybe I could make some changes on my own. I'm assuming those things aren't meant to be human readable?
Attached Files
File Type: txt CornerGas.txt (5.5 KB, 181 views)
Old 12-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
If not displaying the icon for short (and probably non-valid) caption files is non-trivial, don't expend a lot of effort. I think I can work around it with DirMon2 and a simple batch file.
ccextractor 0.53 will have an option to automatically delete the produced file if it's empty.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've included a snippet of an .smi file that is displaying semicolons on my system. Most are tiny flashes before a new caption is displayed, but there are a couple of longer ones.
I'm not seeing any semicolons displayed, when using 1.23c. There are some music notes which may or may not be displaying correctly depending on the font your using.
Quote:
It looks like the &nbsp; is put in by CCExtractor to clear the previous caption. Is there no END to match the START in SAMI?
There is no tag for end, a START that only contains &nbsp; is used to signal a caption to stop displaying.
Quote:
I've tried looking at the .stvi file to see if maybe I could make some changes on my own. I'm assuming those things aren't meant to be human readable?
They are human readable, but much easier to read using Studio.

John
Old 12-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
ccextractor 0.53 will have an option to automatically delete the produced file if it's empty.
The only problem I see with that, is that it will get difficult to stop something like Dirmon from repeatedly running ccextractor on the file.

John
Old 12-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm not seeing any semicolons displayed, when using 1.23c.
And after redownloading, reinstalling, rebooting, restarting, and resacrificing the cloven-hoofed animal, I'm not seeing them, either. Must have done something wrong somewhere the first two times around.

Quote:
There is no tag for end, a START that only contains &nbsp; is used to signal a caption to stop displaying.
Yeah, that's about what I figured. Not the way I'd design a standard, but anyway...

Well, thanks for looking into that for me. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Not that I don't appreciate it, but (as John already mentioned) a monitor program set up to automatically run CCExtractor on recordings will detect the absence of the file and run it again. Also, sometimes the captions file isn't completely empty, just small. I've seen recordings where the show doesn't have any captions, but some of the commercials do. Or the only captions are from the last few seconds of the previous show. Edit: Oh, and the AutoCompress plugin might be set to wait for a caption file before it compresses.

Last edited by troycheek; 12-25-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: forgot about autocompress
Old 12-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Sage Expert

Is this plugin supposed to work with version 6.5.5 of SageTV and/or the HD200 Extender?

I had version 1.2.2 installed and working quite well with SageTV 6.4.8 (non-extended) and running as a service.

Tonight I installed version 1.2.3 into SageTV 6.5.5 and it killed my installation after importing (using the Extender). The import hung and after resetting the extender it would no longer connect to the server.

Importing on the server itself running a local SageTV also hung. Next time launching the player window would open and then quickly close. Repairing the installation with the 6.5.5 installer didn't help. Deleting the whole SageTV folder hierarchy and replacing it with a backup of 6.4.8 (which contained CC 1.2.2) and then reinstalling 6.5.5 also didn't work.

To finally get everything working again I had to do an Uninstall process with the 6.5.5 installer, then restore my backup of 6.4.8, then do a new install/update of 6.5.5.