SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Sage Expert

Stephane

I've sorted it out - I mapped the volume controls to the applications (ie Sage) volume controls. I don't get your OSD but the original Sage one, but it works

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston
I pulled up the Windows sound control from control panel and the volume slider moves when i change the volume on the remote
When you click on the "Volume Osd Options" are you able to see the volume OSD (you see it only when changing any of the sliders in the dialog)? If you do not see it, try to adjust the postion silders first.

What is really happening when you push a volume button, is that first it will change the volume throught the mixer and either :

* display the OSD directly when the "show volume..." is not checked

* wait for a callback event on the mixer line and as a result display the OSD (when the "show volume...." is checked).
Old 03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM
Not yet, I'll create profiles for SageTV later today, but the default profile should work for the most used buttons (the application centric buttons needs to be customize : Infos / Recorded TV / Guide / LiveTV / DVD...)

This is expected the donation is tied to one software. If you donate also for Remote KeyMap with the same account you'll have access to the online database.

Regards,
Stéphane.
I look forward to the profiles. I'm more than happy to donate again. I dn't remember being a big spender when it came to donating for the xmltv import program....
Old 03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM
First : because I have the MCE 2005 remote, so I know it works . More seriously, it may work with the previous remote but certainly not with the software I released because I'm pretty sure the hardware Ids will not be the same (so it will work for Arrow keys / Number buttons / some of the play / pause controls but not the other).
Just started experimenting with the original MCE remote and so far I set TGB to start/wake Sage and it works fine... Girder did not recognize TGB. I did have to disable the play button/command since it would not bring up the time bar when a video was playing in Sage, but that's minor. In fact, since SageTV natively supports both the original and 2005 MCE remotes, that may all I need right now .
Old 06-10-2007, 12:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Is the MCE blaster working yet?
Old 06-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Trying this out, I'm having a problem with the Channel/Page up and down buttongs working on the MCE remote. In SageTV, they recognize as double presses. All the other buttons seem to be working fine though, and my Windows button the remote finally launches SageTV from the desktop!!!!

If you can point me in the direction for fixing the channel buttons, everything will be working perfectly for what I need it to do!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Yes, I have it working for quite some time (learning and transmitting), but I have yet to find the time to glue this all together (especially the IRTuner part for SageTV).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by farscapesg1 View Post
Trying this out, I'm having a problem with the Channel/Page up and down buttongs working on the MCE remote. In SageTV, they recognize as double presses. All the other buttons seem to be working fine though, and my Windows button the remote finally launches SageTV from the desktop!!!!
It should be quite easy to fix. As the MCE remote is more or less a keyboard, I can't prevent other softwares to listen to remote events. So if for some remote buttons you are seeing double keypress, you have basically two choices :

* either disable the remote support in the affected software
* or disable actions on the affected buttons in the profile for the affected software

The second choice is easier : in LM Remote KeyMap for the SageTV profile remove all actions for the Channel Up / Channel Down and add to them a blank keystroke action. This will force LM Remote KeyMap to do nothing when you press on those buttons (if you don't add any actions : it will use the ones of the default profile) and let SageTV handle the remote buttons itself.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
In version 3.0 (just uploaded) the MCE blaster is working (but only on Windows XP, I'll try to hack vista later).

And as a bonus, I made a SageTV plugin for using the MCE blaster through LM Remote KeyMap.

I also added support for the USB-UIRT as receiver and blaster.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
In version 3.0 (just uploaded) the MCE blaster is working (but only on Windows XP, I'll try to hack vista later).

And as a bonus, I made a SageTV plugin for using the MCE blaster through LM Remote KeyMap.
Great news! I eagerly anticipate a vista solution for the blaster and i will be all over it. Does this support dual blasters from one IR?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Great news! I eagerly anticipate a vista solution for the blaster and i will be all over it. Does this support dual blasters from one IR?
I don't know if I understand your question correctly. But this is how it is supposed to work (with USB-UIRT or MCE Blaster):

* In LM Remote KeyMap you create IR devices.
* For each IR devices you can choose the blaster port to use (USB-UIRT: Left / Right / Internal or All, with MCE Blaster : 1, 2 or Both)
* In SageTV when you configure the tuning plugin for a video source, you currently have to choose one device. So you can have two video sources in SageTV using a different devices (IR devices in LM Remote KeyMap) and thoses devices are using different blaster ports

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, that answers it. I was just wondering if it supports 2 blaster ports w/ MCE.

Any idea on when something could be put together for Vista? Obviously I am not a programmer, so I do not really know what is involved.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Any idea on when something could be put together for Vista? Obviously I am not a programmer, so I do not really know what is involved.
No, too soon to tell how long it will take. I guess Decembre should be enough to have a first version.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Any idea on when something could be put together for Vista?
The support for the MCE IR Blaster with Windows Vista is available now with LM Remote KeyMap version 3.2.

So you should be able to use the blaster easily to change channels in SageTV (it should also works when using Service mode with SageTV).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Wow, that was fast. I had already gone back to XP, but will have to try w/ Vista. Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage User

Hi, kind of new to sage, but I think I read that it is possible to make the MCE remote to launch Sage in XP? Can I get some more information on this? I'm actualy using a logitech 880 programmed as my MCE remote (bought the stupid MCE remote just for the IR adapter.

It seems to work fine once I am in sage, although I have not looked to see how every single button is re-mapped yet. The "Start" Button on the menu (should be mapped to the green button on MCE remote) does not launch sage though.

I was able to disable the feature to put the computer into stand-by when the button is pressed. THANK YOU FOR THAT! I can now add the MCE remote functions to my Custom activity "Computer" on the 880 where as before everytime it would auto put my computer into standby (It forces devices to power on when you select them for any given activity).
Old 10-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
It seems to work fine once I am in sage, although I have not looked to see how every single button is re-mapped yet. The "Start" Button on the menu (should be mapped to the green button on MCE remote) does not launch sage though.
Yes you can, use the remote profile editor to edit the default profile and for the "Windows" button use a "LaunchApplication" action to launch the SageTV client.

Also, if you are running a XP Media Center PC, you'll need to disable ehTray.exe form starting (as this software will launch Media Center if you press on the green button). ehTray.exe is usually launched from the registry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Hello,

Yes you can, use the remote profile editor to edit the default profile and for the "Windows" button use a "LaunchApplication" action to launch the SageTV client.

Also, if you are running a XP Media Center PC, you'll need to disable ehTray.exe form starting (as this software will launch Media Center if you press on the green button). ehTray.exe is usually launched from the registry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".

Regards,
Stéphane.

Hi, I am not running a media center PC just XP + Sage.
Can you please explain in more detail how to do this? What is the remote profile editor? I don't see any options in the 880 software to make the changes you have suggested.

I have added an option to the "Additional Buttons" Screen named sage. Mapped it to device "Media Center PC" and gave it the command "Green Button"

So now then, how do I tell the green button to launch sage?

I have the option to "Learn Command" but this expect an input from another remote. not even my MCE remote can launch sage by default. I'm assuming that this is where the remote profile editor comes into play. Where exactly do I find this is it part of windows? Seperate Software? Maybe it is a setting inside of Sage you are referring to? I have no idea but I just wasted 2 horus trying to figure out what exactly you are talking about.

Edit: Took some hours of time and although it is approaching 2am I figured it out!!. I had to download 3rd party software (wish I would have known this as I'm new to sage, MCE remote, the 880 HDHR and everything else!)
I used this application to re-assign the remote functions. http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp Called "LM Remote KeyMap".

Last edited by Justintoxicated; 10-31-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Took some hours of time and although it is approaching 2am I figured it out!!...I used this application to re-assign the remote functions. http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp Called "LM Remote KeyMap".
I'm sorry, but as you posted your question in this thread and this thread is currently speaking about my software (LM Remote KeyMap), it seemed obvious to me that you were already using it especially after reading : "I was able to disable the feature to put the computer into stand-by when the button is pressed. THANK YOU FOR THAT!"...

So yes you need a third party software to customize the MCE Remote and blaster for applications that doesn't support it already. SageTV supports the MCE Remote (but not the blaster) directly, but once you quit SageTV, you have the default behavior of the MCE Remote and this default behavior will vary with installed software and OS. With LM Remote KeyMap you can with the default driver of the MCE Remote remap all or some keys of the remote (again it depends on installed software) as well as make use of the MCE Blaster (either directly or through SageTV).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm sorry, but as you posted your question in this thread and this thread is currently speaking about my software (LM Remote KeyMap), it seemed obvious to me that you were already using it especially after reading : "I was able to disable the feature to put the computer into stand-by when the button is pressed. THANK YOU FOR THAT!"...

So yes you need a third party software to customize the MCE Remote and blaster for applications that doesn't support it already. SageTV supports the MCE Remote (but not the blaster) directly, but once you quit SageTV, you have the default behavior of the MCE Remote and this default behavior will vary with installed software and OS. With LM Remote KeyMap you can with the default driver of the MCE Remote remap all or some keys of the remote (again it depends on installed software) as well as make use of the MCE Blaster (either directly or through SageTV).

Regards,
Stéphane.
hahah, sorry it was late and I was tired, I actualy found a link to part of this thread indirectly and didn't realize I had to add another remote editor but now that i think about it it makes sense!

Your software works great, I was just confused because there are so many different places to configure the remote (Since I am not actualy using the MCE remote but the 880 programmed to work as a hybrid MCE remote) What I have is a "computer" activity that will turn on the TV, my Receiver, change TV to DVI and Receiver to Analog Direct, and also provides access to media center button functions with a couple of over-rides (control sound on receiver for instance instead of within sage) Anyways I think I have an overly complicated yet simple sytem. It is definately what was confusing me.

Google is all over your LM software link too BTW!