SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
I can't seem to find any MCE profiles that will allow me to use my remote AND IR blaster.
There is not much IR devices to download yet. However there are plenty of remote profiles. I suppose you are searching for a SageTV profile for the MCE remote? There is at least 18 profiles for SageTV in the database.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Really, 18? I guess I have to search a little bit more. I typed in "MCE" and only got a few. And yes, I would like to download a MCE IR blaster profile so I don't have to configure it myself to work with Sage.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I typed in "MCE" and only got a few.
The keyword you should type is "Sage" if you want to download a profile for SageTV. The keyword is supposed to match the application name / description that you want to control with your remote. LM RKM will only return profiles that match your remote (ditto for the IR Blaster).

Though for the blaster, there is not much devices in the database (5 only), so I guess you'll have to learn your set top box original remote within LM RKM.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
The keyword you should type is "Sage" if you want to download a profile for SageTV. The keyword is supposed to match the application name / description that you want to control with your remote. LM RKM will only return profiles that match your remote (ditto for the IR Blaster).

Though for the blaster, there is not much devices in the database (5 only), so I guess you'll have to learn your set top box original remote within LM RKM.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Ok, no problem, I am using a SageTv profile.....works great except I cannot launch SageTv from it. Are there any profiles that allow this?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok, no problem, I am using a SageTv profile.....works great except I cannot launch SageTv from it. Are there any profiles that allow this?
No, the profiles are only 'valid' when the application is running (here SageTV).

For launching SageTV you actually have to customize the default profile : choose the button to launch SageTV, for this button add a LaunchApplication action, and browse for SageTV.

Moreover : LaunchApplication is a typical "local" action, so they are not propagated into the online database.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No, the profiles are only 'valid' when the application is running (here SageTV).

For launching SageTV you actually have to customize the default profile : choose the button to launch SageTV, for this button add a LaunchApplication action, and browse for SageTV.

Moreover : LaunchApplication is a typical "local" action, so they are not propagated into the online database.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Thank you, I got the MCE remote to successfully launch Sage, but have 1 problem. I cannot use the remote in Sage unless I click my mouse in Sage first. I only have this problem in windowed mode.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I cannot use the remote in Sage unless I click my mouse in Sage first. I only have this problem in windowed mode.
That's because SageTV fails to get focus. In this case add these actions to the button that is launching SageTV:

* a "Pause" action : enter the right number of milliseconds to wait before the SageTV window is displayed (usually 5 to 10 sec)

* a "FindWindow" action : use "SageTV" for the windows title (without the quotes)

* a "AppActivate" action : this will bring SageTV into focus.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Sage Expert

Hi Stephane

I'm trying to map a button to send ctrl + alt + F1 I know I need ^ % {f1} but it doesnt seem to send all 3 together

can you help ?

Thanks

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
I'm trying to map a button to send ctrl + alt + F1 I know I need ^ % {f1} but it doesnt seem to send all 3 together
Instead of "Keystroke" try the "KeyDown" and "KeyUp" actions:

* KeyDown / Control
* KeyDown / Menu (this is Alt)
* KeyDown / F1
* KeyUp / F1
* KeyUp / Menu
* KeyUp / Control

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Sage Expert

I tried that but it only seems to let me bind one key press to one button press - I don't need to use 3 remote buttons do I ?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
I tried that but it only seems to let me bind one key press to one button press - I don't need to use 3 remote buttons do I ?
"PressKey" let you press only one key at at time. But "KeyDown" and "KeyUp" are designed to let you create key combos. You just have to add as many KeyDown (and corresponding KeyUp) actions needed for your button.

For Ctrl + Alt + F1, you need to add these actions:

* KeyDown / Control
* KeyDown / F1
* KeyUp / F1
* KeyUp / Menu
* KeyUp / Control

under one of your remote buttons. These actions will be fired one after the other (from top to bottom).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That's because SageTV fails to get focus. In this case add these actions to the button that is launching SageTV:

* a "Pause" action : enter the right number of milliseconds to wait before the SageTV window is displayed (usually 5 to 10 sec)

* a "FindWindow" action : use "SageTV" for the windows title (without the quotes)

* a "AppActivate" action : this will bring SageTV into focus.

Regards,
Stéphane.
I tried this. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it won't bring it into focus.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

For Ctrl + Alt + F1, you need to add these actions:

* KeyDown / Control
* KeyDown / F1
* KeyUp / F1
* KeyUp / Menu
* KeyUp / Control

ah, I didn't realise you could add multiple actions to a keypress but I've figured it out now. So, in theory, I could also add these key presses to the power/shutdown key ? (Its a key sequence to make sure the laptop displays on the external monitor as its been waking from standby and trying to display to the laptop screen - despite it being removed!)

Anyway, Stephane just want to say that your software is excellent and you are extremely helpful and patient on these forums

cheers

Tim
Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I tried this. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it won't bring it into focus.
Actually, I added the actions to the same button BUT under my MCE profile and if I press the "power" button it will launch Sage and then if I press it again, it will bring it into focus. I can't seem to get it to work by simply pressing the power button once.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't get the MCE blaster working. Every time I try to learn the button codes, it either repeats the button I pressed infinitely until I press it again, which crashes the program. I uninstalled (and deleted settings) and re-installed, still no luck. Any ideas? I'm running XP.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Actually, I added the actions to the same button BUT under my MCE profile and if I press the "power" button it will launch Sage and then if I press it again, it will bring it into focus. I can't seem to get it to work by simply pressing the power button once.
If you added the FindWindow / AppActivate in the MCE profile, I suppose this is because MCE is active and in Focus when you want to launch SageTV (Otherwise you should put this in the default profile).

Though, if the second button press is working, this is because the SageTV is already there. So it seems to me that you should try a longer pause action (if it is too short : FindWindow will not find the SageTV Window and as a result the AppActivate will only put MCE in focus).

You may also try the automatic foreground feature of the profile. This feature work when you force a profile.

Basically you have to use the "ForceProfile" action to force the SageTV profile, in this case, until you "ForceProfile" back to the default, whenever you press a button on your remote LM RKM will put SageTV into focus.

So basically, instead of "Pause / FindWindow / AppActivate", in the button that launch SageTV, you use "ForceProfile" action. This will put the remote in SageTV exclusive use. Though don't forget to add a "ForceProfile" action (back to the default) on the button that close SageTV.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I can't get the MCE blaster working. Every time I try to learn the button codes, it either repeats the button I pressed infinitely until I press it again, which crashes the program. I uninstalled (and deleted settings) and re-installed, still no luck. Any ideas? I'm running XP.
There is a bug currently in LM RKM 4.0. When you create a button in the tree view, it will crash if you try to learn the button right away. To avoid the crash : add the button in the tree view, close the editor by clicking on the "Ok" button, and re open it to learn the added button.

This will be fixed soon.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you added the FindWindow / AppActivate in the MCE profile, I suppose this is because MCE is active and in Focus when you want to launch SageTV (Otherwise you should put this in the default profile).

Though, if the second button press is working, this is because the SageTV is already there. So it seems to me that you should try a longer pause action (if it is too short : FindWindow will not find the SageTV Window and as a result the AppActivate will only put MCE in focus).

You may also try the automatic foreground feature of the profile. This feature work when you force a profile.

Basically you have to use the "ForceProfile" action to force the SageTV profile, in this case, until you "ForceProfile" back to the default, whenever you press a button on your remote LM RKM will put SageTV into focus.

So basically, instead of "Pause / FindWindow / AppActivate", in the button that launch SageTV, you use "ForceProfile" action. This will put the remote in SageTV exclusive use. Though don't forget to add a "ForceProfile" action (back to the default) on the button that close SageTV.

Regards,
Stéphane.
I added a "foreground" action at the end and now it works
Old 04-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to devinteske Send a message via AIM to devinteske Send a message via MSN to devinteske Send a message via Yahoo to devinteske
With Extender?

I have been waiting for a long time for software to (without migraines) set up the MCE IR Transmitter with blaster to control my STB via IR. However, one thing is unclear to me, and will my actions over the extender activate the IR to control the STB? or does this software/plugin that you've created only work for the local SageTV instance on the computer where the IR transceiver is plugged in?
Old 04-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinteske View Post
will my actions over the extender activate the IR to control the STB? or does this software/plugin that you've created only work for the local SageTV instance on the computer where the IR transceiver is plugged in?
Yes it will work from the extender.

The blaster is handled by a windows service that runs on the SageTV Server.

So when you change the channel on the extender, this is the SageTV Server that does all tuning requests and as such it will send a request for the blaster to be used on the LM RKM Blaster service.

Regards,
Stéphane.