SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin View Post
SOME of it worked, about half the buttons. I just programmed all the buttons and the IR codes "took" in the app but when I try to use it with XBMC many of the buttons don't work... back, play, menu, and many others.
I'm not sure if: the button press is not seen at all, or if the action carried over by LM RKM after the button is pressed doesn't do anything in XBMC.

You can use the live trace viewer to see what LM RKM is doing for each of your button press, this will help you a lot to figure out what is happening (right click on the taskbar notification icon to launch the trave viewer).

Otherwise, the MCE Remote use debounce codes, but I guess the Harmony remote drop the debounce code. Anyway when you first set up your USB-UIRT virtual remote, you need to teach LM RKM the two codes that may be sent for a button: for each button on the Harmony, select a button on the USB-UIRT virtual remote and press two times on the button on the Harmony, the two fields in LM RKM must be filled in with some codes (it may or may not be the same if the remote use debounce code)

Once the virtual remote is learned, you can create a profile for XBMC, that is telling LM RKM what to do when XBMC is in use for each button press (otherwise you'll use the default profile and some button may work, but many won't)

Quote:
Also... Is there a file available so I do not need to teach it every remote commands and that is known to work with MCE and XBMC?
There is very few profiles for the USB-UIRT in the database. And XBMC is not one of them (even for the other supported remotes : no XBMC profiles)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_gti View Post
Is there any way to set the software to make a different action depending on whether sage is running ?
Not really, you can however use the profiles for this: if SageTV is in focus, LM RKM will use the Sage profile, if not it will use the default profile.

Quote:
I have set the MCE "Green Button" to launch Sage which works great, but unless I run Sage in FSE Sage will lose focus when launching via TGB..
Try to hide the LM RKM taskbar notification icon, this may help. Also you can use a "Pause" action, then a "FindWindow" action and finally a "AppActivate" action for the green button right after the "LaunchApplication" action.

For the "Pause" action, try something like 5 sec (the time needed for SageTV Window to be onscree)

For the "FindWindow" action use the window title "SageTV"

This way you'll force SageTV to have focus

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
I'm not sure if: the button press is not seen at all, or if the action carried over by LM RKM after the button is pressed doesn't do anything in XBMC.

You can use the live trace viewer to see what LM RKM is doing for each of your button press, this will help you a lot to figure out what is happening (right click on the taskbar notification icon to launch the trave viewer).

Otherwise, the MCE Remote use debounce codes, but I guess the Harmony remote drop the debounce code. Anyway when you first set up your USB-UIRT virtual remote, you need to teach LM RKM the two codes that may be sent for a button: for each button on the Harmony, select a button on the USB-UIRT virtual remote and press two times on the button on the Harmony, the two fields in LM RKM must be filled in with some codes (it may or may not be the same if the remote use debounce code)

Once the virtual remote is learned, you can create a profile for XBMC, that is telling LM RKM what to do when XBMC is in use for each button press (otherwise you'll use the default profile and some button may work, but many won't)

There is very few profiles for the USB-UIRT in the database. And XBMC is not one of them (even for the other supported remotes : no XBMC profiles)

Regards,
Stéphane.
It looks like LM sees all the IR just fine that the Harmony is sending as the trace shows activity at each button press (it is annoying that the trace window does not follow the current activity... thus scrolling must be done for each )

Anyway... how can we EASILY create a profile for XBMC + MCE remote (most popular combo used for XBMC)? Can you make some sort of importer or something? I have attached XBMC_MCEremote.zip which has the learned MCE Remote codes using my UIRT (should be the same for all IR receivers though) and the Keymap.XML which maps the XBMC GUI to each action.

thx for the help, and the nice app!
Attached Files
File Type: zip XBMC_MCEremote.zip (6.1 KB, 413 views)
Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage User

XBOX + Media Center Extender + Media Center v2 -- Remote XML

XMLs provided...

Attached are nearly complete XMLs for US versions of Microsoft Remotes:
  • XBOX & Media Center Extender = MS MCE Ext+XBOX.xml
  • Media Center v2 = MS MCE v2.xml

I have also attached a profiles.xml for XBMC but I'm not sure it is necessary. It might be needed to map special activities, not sure. You can do detailed setup and also import this profiles.xml by double-clicking the tray icon.

Enjoy

Stéphane, how about posting XMLs on your home page?
Attached Files
File Type: zip LMremote_MCE.zip (2.8 KB, 464 views)
Old 06-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Stéphane, how about posting XMLs on your home page?
There is no need for this, as there is a feature in LM RKM that let you upload your profile to the online database. And another one for searching for profiles in the database and let LM RKM download them (you have to be a donator though to use this feature).

However, uploading / downloading USB-UIRT virtual remotes is not a feature I'll add because it is very easy to do, there is no need for a user to load a USB-UIRT Virtual remotes.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
There is no need for this, as there is a feature in LM RKM that let you upload your profile to the online database. And another one for searching for profiles in the database and let LM RKM download them (you have to be a donator though to use this feature).

However, uploading / downloading USB-UIRT virtual remotes is not a feature I'll add because it is very easy to do, there is no need for a user to load a USB-UIRT Virtual remotes.

Regards,
Stéphane.
I uploaded an XBMC profile today... but I think that only handles half the issue since IR is not part of the profile.

"easy" is a relative term... for a techie like myself, and you, yes it is easy but for someone not not well versed with the Windows OS ("standard" Mac users, PC noobies, etc) it is not "easy".

Having a central place for IR codes would be nice since multiple forums have info and it is more efficient to store it on the site where the app lives and not in 3-4 different forums. A few XMLs don't take up much storage space I think?

We could share IR codes in a central place thus saving people time and hassle of having LM "learn" the codes... over and over assuming many people use the same remote, which they do, especially Window Media Center remotes.

Since systems get more complicated over time... like home theaters, if LM would handle multiple remotes then sharing IR XMLs makes even more good logical sense... who wants to teach LM 300 button commands?

Anyway... I was just trying to be helpful and saw a way to make a great app even better and easier to use so more people might adopt it. Many XBMC users are less technical than you think.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Having a central place for IR codes would be nice since multiple forums have info and it is more efficient to store it on the site where the app lives and not in 3-4 different forums. A few XMLs don't take up much storage space I think?
No it doesn't take much storage, for instance the learned IR codes for the blaster part of the USB-UIRT or MCE Blaster doesn't take huge storage space.

Quote:
We could share IR codes in a central place thus saving people time and hassle of having LM "learn" the codes... over and over assuming many people use the same remote, which they do, especially Window Media Center remotes.
For the USB-UIRT it's not that difficult, it is much more difficult to learn IR codes for the blaster part (that's why there is a online database for those codes).

Quote:
if LM would handle multiple remotes then sharing IR XMLs makes even more good logical sense... who wants to teach LM 300 button commands?
In this case yes, it would be useful. But LM RKM doesn't support multiple remotes for the USB-UIRT (I don't think it will ever, I will surely create another application for such usage because LM RKM was first designed to support only one remote : the Streamzap and nothing else, then feature and supported hardware was added. So the current design of LM RKM doesn't fit the purpose very well)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Sage User

Hi

I've tried to install your software on my Windows Home Server, but the icon in the notification area never shows up. Do you have any solution to this.

Henrik
Old 07-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Henrik,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henki View Post
I've tried to install your software on my Windows Home Server, but the icon in the notification area never shows up. Do you have any solution to this.
After the installation, LM RKM is not automatically started (except for the Blaster service), so you have to launch it manually. The shortcut is in the Startup folder of your Start menu (Though LM RKM will start automatically each time you log into Windows)

However, if you already launched manually LM RKM and you still cannot see the taskbar notification icon, can you take a look at the trace files in the C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\LM Gestion\LM Remote KeyMap to see if there are any errors.

Also what is your screen DPI settings and color depth? (the taskbar icon has a limited subset 16x16px/16 colors, 16x16, 20x20, 24x24, 32x32 all in full color + transparency)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Hi

Thank you for your fast reply. This is what I’ve done so far. I’ve installed the program and tried to run the LM Remote KeyMap with the shortcut in the startup menu, and with a reboot, without any success. The service LM Remote KeyMap Blaster.exe is running. In the C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\LM Gestion\LM Remote KeyMap folder there is only one trace file that is empty.

I’ve noticed that if I have the task manager running when start the program, LM Remote KeyMap.exe is running for å second and then disappears.

One other thing I was thinking about was that I’m currently running my Windows Home Server without graphic card, so I have to use remote desktop to access the server. Could this be the issue?

Thank you for your help

Henrik

Last edited by Henki; 07-14-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One other thing I was thinking about was that I’m currently running my Windows Home Server without graphic card, so I have to use remote desktop to access the server. Could this be the issue?
Yes this is the issue: the LM RKM GUI will not run in a Remote Desktop session (this is mainly because on a RDP session the GUI is also the process that respond to remote control and this is not needed in this context).

I will change this in a future release so as when LM RKM is run in RDP the GUI loads but remote control support is disabled.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a few questions on the LM Remote app and MCE remote controls w/SageTV in general.

If you have a MCE remote and SageTV can you use that remote without the LM Remote app or does SageTV just not support it?
Does the LM Remote app just make it easier to re-map buttons and such and that's the reason to use the app?
Does the LM Remote app support all MCE remotes? Any support for the newer VMC remotes?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

This is from memory, but:

SageTV supports the MCE remote OOB.
LM Allows for button remapping, SageTV does not.
No idea
Plus: LM supports IR blasters as well.

B
Old 07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If you have a MCE remote and SageTV can you use that remote without the LM Remote app or does SageTV just not support it?
Yes, SageTV support the MCE remote without any third party software (thouhg there is some buttons you cannot remap, especially on a Media Center Edition of Windows)
Quote:
Does the LM Remote app just make it easier to re-map buttons and such and that's the reason to use the app?
I would say that it does give you more possibilities and let you customize the remote when you are not using SageTV.
Quote:
Does the LM Remote app support all MCE remotes? Any support for the newer VMC remotes?
All new MCE remotes should work. However, the only one that is fully supported is the basic V2 MCE Remote. For all other MCE Remote you have to contact me so as I can include the remote layout (it does requires a little work on your side: such as writing down codes for unrecongnized buttons on your remote)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Sage Expert

Oiy. I was a big fan of your XMLTV program, and wanted to try using this to allow me to use my MCE blaster to control a satellite box. I've never used the MCE blaster before, and I can't seem to get anything to "blast" for some reason. Perhaps you can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've been using the MCE remote receiver for a few years. Opened up my box, plugged the blaster into the back of the receiver. I'm assuming that's the extent of the blaster setup. (Do I need to install any drivers for it or anything? I'm running XP MCE with the MCE services turned off.)

Installed your program, chose the MCE blaster in "Choose Blaster." Setup a new IR device for my sat box, and tried to learn all the Channel Change buttons. All the channel numbers seemed to learn the codes my sat box remote was sending without a problem. But when I do the "Test Channel Change" thing, nothing happens. Can't see any flashes on the blaster emitters, sat box doesn't seem to be receiving anything. I've tried re-learning a few times, but no change. Wondering if the blasters are doing anything at all since I don't see any flashing when it's supposed to be sending the channel change.

Any thoughts? I can't seem to figure out anything else to try. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Opened up my box, plugged the blaster into the back of the receiver. I'm assuming that's the extent of the blaster setup. (Do I need to install any drivers for it or anything? I'm running XP MCE with the MCE services turned off.)
No there is no drivers, the default eHome driver is all you need.

Quote:
All the channel numbers seemed to learn the codes my sat box remote was sending without a problem. But when I do the "Test Channel Change" thing, nothing happens. Can't see any flashes on the blaster emitters, sat box doesn't seem to be receiving anything.
I would first try to change the port you connected the IR emitter. Usually on Microsoft Blaster there is to jacks holes: Port 1 and Port 2.

You can also try to click on the "More Options" button within the "Edit IR Device" dialog to select the emitter to use, first try to use "Any emitters".

Also for the "Test Channel Change" to work, you need to type a channel number in the "Channel Number" field (you can also test individuals codes by right clicking on a button on the tree and choose "Test Button".

You can also review the log file in the Config & Log folder (you can open it by right clicking on the taskbar notification icon) to see if there is any error related to the blaster.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah, I tried both holes, as well as all the different options in the "emitters" selection box. I'm putting in channel numbers, and have also tried just doing the test button thing. I just don't seem to be getting anything. In the log files, I see a trace_[date].log and a svc_trace_[date].log. The svc one has an error in it (Error when creating Windows Vista Volume EndPoint) which is strange since I'm using XP, not Vista. The other (non-svc) log doesn't seem to show any errors. Here's the complete text from that log file, in case you can see something that I don't. It actually looks to me like it's seeing the blaster fine.

Code:
20080805 23:05:51.552 - Info - DeviceManager.Start()
20080805 23:05:51.583 - Info - Checking for USB device
20080805 23:05:51.661 - Info - Adding USB device: \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}
20080805 23:08:04.520 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:08:04.520 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:08:04.520 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:08:04.536 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:08:04.536 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:08:04.536 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:11:04.942 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:11:04.942 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:11:04.942 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:11:04.942 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:11:04.942 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:11:04.942 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:12:39.473 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:12:39.473 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:12:39.473 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:12:39.473 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:12:39.473 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:12:39.473 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:12:47.895 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:12:47.895 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:12:47.895 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:12:47.895 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:12:47.895 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:12:47.895 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:19:07.958 - Warning - Failed to learn received IR packets
20080805 23:22:55.427 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:22:55.427 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:22:55.427 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:22:55.427 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:22:55.427 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:22:55.427 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:24:03.255 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:24:03.255 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:24:03.255 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:24:03.255 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:24:03.255 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:24:03.255 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:24:39.098 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:24:39.098 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:24:39.098 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:24:39.098 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:24:39.098 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:24:39.098 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:25:02.442 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:25:02.442 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:25:02.442 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:25:02.442 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:25:02.442 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:25:02.442 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:34:05.177 - Info - DeviceManager.Stop()
20080805 23:34:06.645 - Info - DeviceManager.Start()
20080805 23:34:06.661 - Info - Checking for USB device
20080805 23:34:06.739 - Info - Adding USB device: \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}
20080805 23:37:14.161 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:37:14.161 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:37:14.161 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:37:14.161 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:37:14.161 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:37:14.161 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:37:25.802 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:37:25.802 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:37:25.802 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:37:25.802 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:37:25.802 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:37:25.802 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:37:34.067 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:37:34.067 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:37:34.067 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
20080805 23:37:34.067 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport0
20080805 23:37:34.067 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport1
20080805 23:37:34.067 - Info - IRSnowballModel.QueryConnectedIRDeviceOutputs(): Found output \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph00muuy#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\irport2
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Sage Expert

Also, and I don't know if this means anything, when I view the live trace, even on verbose, nothing shows up in the trace when I select "Test Button" or "Test Channel Change." Not sure if it's supposed to, but I would assume something should show up.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Also, and I don't know if this means anything, when I view the live trace, even on verbose, nothing shows up in the trace when I select "Test Button" or "Test Channel Change." Not sure if it's supposed to, but I would assume something should show up.
You should see in the live trace something like this :

Setting blaster options on : MCE
Sending IR on : MCE
Sending xx pieces of RLC to the driver

Are you sure you learned something: both "Code 1" and "Code 2" must be filled in with some codes like :

34833||900 -900 1749 -1749 900 -850 900 -900 850 -900 1749 -850 900 -900 850 -900 900 -850 900 -850 900 -900 850 -90299 |

Because I don't like the: Warning - Failed to learn received IR packets, it does mean that the MCE learn receiver has received some IR code but the IR code cannot be learned.

Note: By the way, when you click on the "More Options" button you should see your emitter blinks (twice, at least it does on Vista)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage Expert

Well, I've made progress I suppose, but am still having problems. I was able to confirm that my blaster is definitely working by switching to the MCE Remote Replacement driver that's floating around out there. It has a command line app included that allows you to record, then test learned remote signals. I have no problems with that at all - I can learn the number keys from my sat remote without a problem, and when I test them they're recognized by my sat box every time.

So, knowing that it's not a problem with the receiver or blaster, I switched back to the default MCE remote driver, re-installed LM Remote Keymap, and tried again to get it to learn/test my sat box remote commands. First issue is that the learning is very hit or miss for me. Sometimes it seems to learn okay, other times nothing. And it seems to be very picky as to exactly how/where I hold the remote in front of the receiver, whereas the command line app with the replacement driver recognized every learned key press every time.

Second bit of good news is that at least occassionally those learned commands seem to be getting passed to the sat box. I started with learning "0". Once I had learned twice (code 1 and code 2), I tested the button. First "test" worked great. Pressed "test" again, sat box didn't get anything. Pressed it a third time, worked great. In fact, it almost seems like it's recognizing it every other time. I say "almost" because there are times I'll test it 4-5 times in a row without it ever recognizing it.

I moved on to the "1" key. Learned it okay for code 1 and 2 as far as I could tell. Tested the button multiple times though and the sat box never sees it.

It seems like it's not learning the codes properly from my remote, or learning them properly but only occasionally sending them correctly. I don't suppose you have the Dish Network VIP-211 in your database do you?

I tried to see if I could record the codes using the replacement driver and then copy them into LM Remote Keymap, but the recorded codes with the replacement driver seem to be in some kind of garbled .irk file that I can't read.

Any suggestions?