SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Possible to assign tuners to a specific hard drive?

Quick question, and hopefully a quick answer

Is it possible to tell SageTV to record shows from a specific tuner to a specific location? I'm in the process of building a new media server, and I want to record my HDTV recordings to one drive, and my SDTV recordings to another. Can this be done, and how?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Only with two server instances.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscapesg1 View Post
Is it possible to tell SageTV to record shows from a specific tuner to a specific location? I'm in the process of building a new media server, and I want to record my HDTV recordings to one drive, and my SDTV recordings to another. Can this be done, and how?
You can set the following property:

mmc/encoders/<some#>/forced_video_storage_path_prefix=

You can set it to the first few chars from video recording dirs defined in the seeker/video_storage property. You can only use a single prefix, but if using UNC paths, it is possible for that prefix to match 1 or more recording dirs.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

Interesting. I think, you should post an example or is there one in the documentation?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Administrator

A forum search for *prefix had results that included this thread, among others. It isn't something Tech Support officially supports, so it isn't in the manual.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Feature Request - Select a different harddisk for each tuner?

Hi all. Still very new to Sage & am not exactly sure where this should go; so, my apologies if this is not the correct spot!

I think I've finally found my max my system can handle; but, if I had this option, I think it may work--that is, the ability to select a different hard drive for recording to per each tuner.

I just put in two hvr-1600's & a pinnacle hd pro usb stick. I was able to setup within sage a total of FIVE tuners (pinnacle is an hd ota, 2xhvr-1600's qam, 1 hvr-1600 analog basic cable, & 1 hvr-1600 analog s-video sat).!!

Amazingly enough this setup actually works! Bad thing is that my hard drive can't keep up if I'm trying to record on all of them at once.

* merged *
Old 01-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Administrator

osburnfamily: For simplicity, I merged your question into this topic. See my comments & link above.

- Andy
Old 01-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool. Thanks Opus! I'll go check out that thread now.