SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Sage User

Question Fresh install on a new system - 2 frustrating problem

My third full install from the ground up, and while the installation went smooth for the first time (It pays to be prepared!), I'm having problems afterwards with two pretty major things. Some insight would be appreciated.

First, the remote. I have the older Hauppage 34 button. The remote itself works - if I pull up a debug.txt and fire off the buttons, all of them come up just fine. But in Sage, it seems the configuration is off - only up or down work. Now, I've had this problem before, the first time I installed Sage 5. But I can't recall the fix. I installed the Hauppage IR software. I installed Sage, I told it to add support for the remote. I restarted the IR software. I disabled the remote in sage, then reset it to the 34 button again. I've restarted the IR software 5 times at various intervals. Nothing.

I should try a reboot. That always helps, but I'm at work now.

The second is a bit more problematic. I took out one of my older hard drives to make room for a larger drive. Before the format, I moved all the video files in that drive's sage folder to another folder on a different drive that would be staying through the format. Formatted, installed Sage, got all my sources working fine, and brought back in my old wiz.bin. Flawless, except for those files I moved.... Sage is looking for them in K:/Sage, which no longer exists. Can I force a refresh of My Recorded Shows? The files are there... they just aren't where Sage thinks it is. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere.

I know number 1 has got to be some stupid user error.
1.0 TB of television storage goodness
Hauppage PVR-250 + PVR-150
Old 03-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortanis View Post
I have the older Hauppage 34 button. The remote itself works - if I pull up a debug.txt and fire off the buttons, all of them come up just fine. But in Sage, it seems the configuration is off - only up or down work.
Check this FAQ and irremote.ini in your Windows directory.

Quote:
I took out one of my older hard drives to make room for a larger drive. ... except for those files I moved.... Sage is looking for them in K:/Sage, which no longer exists.
SageTV wants to see drive K so it can tell that the files aren't where they used to be before recognizing the same files in a new location. While not using service mode, try mapping an empty directory somewhere to drive letter K, then restart SageTV. The files need to be in an existing recording dir when you restart.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Sage User

The mounting trick did the job. I copied over the basic irremote.ini and restarted IR, but can't test it till I get home, but I'm hopeful. Thank you much!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Sage User

A bit of a continuing problem. Installing the irremote.ini you provided works great - for a bit. Then, spontaneously, it will fail again until i run Restart IR. This system only runs Sage. The remote will spontaneously fail after Sage has been sitting for a while. I'll watch some TV, leave for a few hours, come back, and it won't work any more.

Frustrating to plug in a mouse, minimize sage, and restart IR. My wife is even less thrilled.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Are you running SageTV in full screen mode & having it use its screen saver when it goes to sleep? If so, using the power button to wake (or sleep?) SageTV, along with the ini files I provided, will cause the remote to get out of sync with SageTV's status. You can try pressing the power button again. Ther are some ini file edits in older posts, but I don't feel like looking them up unless this is really your issue.

You could also try using a different button to wake SageTV and/or use the Main Menu's Standby option to put it to sleep.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Sage User

Yeah. Full screen mode, and sometimes I let Sage run until the internal Sage screensaver comes on. I need to make sure i use the power button to put sage into sleep, then, or select Standby from the menu?

Does that also mean that if I let it time out into standby, if i just click up or down rather than power, it should come back just fine?

I'll give that a test. Won't be too hard to accomodate that - it's just something i've never dealt with before.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Since you are using the screen saver in full screen mode, the info I was thinking of was in or around this post.

Don't use the current power button as it is set up in the ini file you got from one of my posts -- you can edit the ini file as mentioned in the above link, or just use other buttons to wake/sleep SageTV.

- Andy