SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Sage User

Newbie questions

I am sorry first of all because you guys have probably answered all of these questions before, I have tried to read the posts and stickies in the forums but I did not see the answers I was looking for.

1) I have recently made a HTPC and purchased sageTV 6.1 and 2 place shifter licenses. I got an email to where I can download the full software package (server). I do not know where I can download the placeshifter software (or is it the same download).

2) What type of DVD ripper due you guys use? This is my first HTPC, I have copied dvd's in the past, but do not know what type of software I should use to simply rip DVDs to my hard drive and allow me to play them back in Sage.

3) Is it possible to save an online radio station to Sage tv to access it while not watching tv or just play streaming music that you have not ripped to the hard drive?

I am sorry if this is repetitive post I am just trying to learn everything and it is kind of overwhelming for a novice and newbie to the HTPC world.

Thanks again for the help,

Lucas
Old 05-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Welcome to the forum :-)

You can download the latest stable releases of SageTV here

http://www.sagetv.com/download.html

For Beta Releases you have to watch the Beta Forum.

Any Ripper that rips your DVDs to VOBs should do fine. I usually use DVDShrink but mainly because its free.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the help, now of course I am having network problems. THis is great I know that connecting my HTPC via wireless is not ideal due to bandwidth restrictions but at my current residence I can not run a cord to the server without making a mess. I currently have Linksys wireless router and when I test the placeshifter it says unable to detect internet, does sage tv not have capabilities of connecting to the internet over wireless?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

Make sure that you have a wireless connection established before you launch Placeshifter; if you switch SSID's during a placeshifter session, Placeshifter will not reconnect, and will typically tell you that you can't access the internet.

Stu
Old 05-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Sage User

alright thanks for the help. I have now set up everything with sage TV place shifter now its time to try to describe it to my brother who lives in Sweden.

Does anyone know if we can add websites to the standard google and youtube movies selections? I really would like to be able to log into a website that streams music on my HTPC.

Thanks again for everything,

Lucas
Old 05-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Sage User

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=stream+music

I believe that this is the post I was looking for. I am sorry for bothering you guys with stupid questions. (I know how to search these forums better now guess that is a plus). This is a great software package, more option than a newbie can learn in a day

Lucas