SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up MCE Remote Replacement Driver for Vista!!

If you are like me, you used the MCE remote replacement driver in combination with Girder (or HIP) in XP. However, this driver no longer works in Vista, but I found someone over at the Mediaportal forums who made the driver work with Vista.

I tested this and I now can remap all the buttons on my MCE remote in Vista just like I did with XP.

Vista MCE Remote Replacement Driver Forum Link

Here are the old instructions which still apply in Vista except you will use this new driver.

To give you an idea of what you can do, I remapped the upper-right power button to bring up the options menu (ctrl O). I setup the upper-left power button to kill my sage client or restart it if its not running (on/off switch). I remapped the "Live TV" button to take me to My Videos.

Girder Stuff
The last free version of Girder was 3.29b (girder329b.zip), which was mostly removed from the web. Any version after that is trialware. Use This Google Search to find the old freeware version.

MCE Remote Plugin for Girder - You will need this if you plan on using the replacement driver in conjunction with Girder.

If you want to control Sagetv with Girder, I highly suggest you enable the sendmessage plugin which is required for my girder files included in the zip. The sendmessage codes for Sage are located here

Misc
I have attached some goodies that might be useful for girder. Please refer to the readme.txt for more info.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sagestuff.zip (415.9 KB, 823 views)
File Type: txt Readme.txt (1.5 KB, 796 views)

Last edited by stroths; 05-29-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

After signing up with media protal to get access to the file, I could not get this driver to install. I guess because my MCE remote reciever is built into my case, it doesn't appear as a USB MCE reciever as outlined in the instructions. It shows up as a "SG Remote control device", this is a hybrid LCD, IR reciever and volume knob made by soundgraph, but I guess the case manufacturer didn't have it made like all the other ME USB ir recievers.

Anyway, when I try to update the vista driver I either get an error "Devcon Failed" when trying to run the bat file, or the device manager tells me that I already have the best driver installed when i try to update it. I guess my only otpion is to get out a piece of black tape to cover the builr in reciever and unpack my usbuirt. Unless anybody esle has a solution for the Antec Fusion Black "veris" line of cases.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
If you are like me, you used the MCE remote replacement driver in combination with Girder (or HIP) in XP. However, this driver no longer works in Vista, but I found someone over at the Mediaportal forums who made the driver work with Vista.

I tested this and I now can remap all the buttons on my MCE remote in Vista just like I did with XP.

Vista MCE Remote Replacement Driver Forum Link

Here are the old instructions which still apply in Vista except you will use this new driver.

To give you an idea of what you can do, I remapped the upper-right power button to bring up the options menu (ctrl O). I setup the upper-left power button to kill my sage client or restart it if its not running (on/off switch). I remapped the "Live TV" button to take me to My Videos.

Girder Stuff
The last free version of Girder was 3.29b (girder329b.zip), which was mostly removed from the web. Any version after that is trialware. Use This Google Search to find the old freeware version.

MCE Remote Plugin for Girder - You will need this if you plan on using the replacement driver in conjunction with Girder.

If you want to control Sagetv with Girder, I highly suggest you enable the sendmessage plugin which is required for my girder files included in the zip. The sendmessage codes for Sage are located here

Misc
I have attached some goodies that might be useful for girder. Please refer to the readme.txt for more info.

Any update for v1 support? and how is possible to install ehome drivers on 2008?

M
Old 04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.savazzi View Post
Any update for v1 support? and how is possible to install ehome drivers on 2008?
You do not need any replacement driver for MCE Remote on Vista (or XP). Just use the default driver and use a third party software (like mine or event ghost) and prevent ehtray from running.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
You do not need any replacement driver for MCE Remote on Vista (or XP). Just use the default driver and use a third party software (like mine or event ghost) and prevent ehtray from running.

Regards,
Stéphane.
I want to use it on 2008 Server and the Vista driver are not available there.
That's why I was looking for a replacement driver... but I have a v1 remote.

M.