SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

MVP remote RW/FF question

I was wondering how to change the default Rewind times on the MVP remote. There is no "-" button to press. Also I do not like the smooth motion RW/FF. Is there a way to disable it?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
I was wondering how to change the default Rewind times on the MVP remote. There is no "-" button to press.
Just enter your rewind time(s) -- it is 'smart' enough to know that they should be negative numbers, for exactly this sort of situation.

Quote:
Also I do not like the smooth motion RW/FF. Is there a way to disable it?
Reassign the buttons in Detailed Setup -> Commands.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Thanx Opus I will do on the "-" thing.

Are you saying that the MVP remote is defaulting it's RW/FF buttons to something else that uses the Smooth motion and I need to point them back to RW1/FF1?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
Thanx Opus I will do on the "-" thing.
I also just remembered that the * button may be '-' (so that dashes can be used in channel numbers).

Quote:
Are you saying that the MVP remote is defaulting it's RW/FF buttons to something else that uses the Smooth motion and I need to point them back to RW1/FF1?
Yes. Just check out the Command options to Show comamnd assignments and Link buttons to commands. Change them to your preference. BTW: on the MVP, the buttons below the FF/REW buttons are normally the FF1/REW1 commands, so you could change them to FF2/REW2 if you want.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes. Just check out the Command options to Show comamnd assignments and Link buttons to commands. Change them to your preference. BTW: on the MVP, the buttons below the FF/REW buttons are normally the FF1/REW1 commands, so you could change them to FF2/REW2 if you want.
Thanx again Opus
This must be why when I tried to change the FF times it didn't seem to work and the smooth motion only seemed to work for Sage recordings and DVD's. They are not working for anything that gets transcoded which is why I want to change it to regular skipped RW/FF...