SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschweig View Post
I was just flicking through the channels in 6.2.5 checking all tuned ok and noticed that sky sports 1 is showing a football match. The game is being shown in a smaller window with other info displayed on graphics around it.

Anybody seen this before? I saw it in 6.2.4 as well.
I would bet that Sky Sports 1 has changed pid and in the place of the old Sports 1 PID is this video. If you do a rescan, Sky Sports 1 will get the current PID.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

Tried installing a Hauppauge HVR-4000. SageTV crashes every time I select Digital TV Tuner as part of the Video Source Setup. Seems pretty strange seeing as it's using BDA drivers and the card works fine with other apps. Did a bug submission.

Found a network encoder module for DVBDream (link requires registration) that works very well.

John
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Tried installing a Hauppauge HVR-4000. SageTV crashes every time I select Digital TV Tuner as part of the Video Source Setup. Seems pretty strange seeing as it's using BDA drivers and the card works fine with other apps. Did a bug submission.

Found a network encoder module for DVBDream (link requires registration) that works very well.

John
Yep, I have the same card with exactly the same problem.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Sage Icon

I've also sent in a bug report for the WinTV HVR 4000 and had an email reply.

The HVR-400 is not in out support list, we are waiting Hauppaug to send in
one.

Qian

Pretty poor excuse in my opinion, and why would a commercial company need handouts before they can support a particular card. If I can goto my local backstreet pc retailer and buy one off the shelf why cant an international company purchase a relatively popular card from a well known card manufacturer.

Oh well, guess I'll have to play the waiting game or maybe I'll finish my trial with SageTV and try another piece of software instead.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I've also sent in a bug report for the WinTV HVR 4000 and had an email reply.

The HVR-400 is not in out support list, we are waiting Hauppaug to send in
one.

Qian

Pretty poor excuse in my opinion, and why would a commercial company need handouts before they can support a particular card. If I can goto my local backstreet pc retailer and buy one off the shelf why cant an international company purchase a relatively popular card from a well known card manufacturer.

Oh well, guess I'll have to play the waiting game or maybe I'll finish my trial with SageTV and try another piece of software instead.
That's a bit harsh. Have you considered that maybe this card may not be on sale in the area of SageTV HQ? DVB-S cards in general are not much in use in the US so maybe the best way to get one is to get it from Hauppauge directly. If they can get the cards as a handout then that fine since it doesn't add to the cost of the company which in the end will be passed on to us.

Also the HVR-4000 is a very recent model and the SageTV team has focused during the beta in working with users that already had specific DVB-S cards to make sure they work. I bought and tested 2 cards and have 3rd one in the wings. It may or may not work out of the start but I have every confidence that if I have a problem Qian will do his best to fix it.

As a user for 3 years, I can assure you that their first priority is the customer and the support is great.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
That's a bit harsh. Have you considered that maybe this card may not be on sale in the area of SageTV HQ? DVB-S cards in general are not much in use in the US so maybe the best way to get one is to get it from Hauppauge directly. If they can get the cards as a handout then that fine since it doesn't add to the cost of the company which in the end will be passed on to us.

Also the HVR-4000 is a very recent model and the SageTV team has focused during the beta in working with users that already had specific DVB-S cards to make sure they work. I bought and tested 2 cards and have 3rd one in the wings. It may or may not work out of the start but I have every confidence that if I have a problem Qian will do his best to fix it.

As a user for 3 years, I can assure you that their first priority is the customer and the support is great.

I may have been a bit harsh, but in saying that it is a piece of software which they expect me to pay for.
If the email they sent me had more of an explanation as to when to expect the card to be on the list of supported products rather than a few lines of broken english text I would proberly not have given it a second thought.

I assume that Sage expects to sell their product to other regions other than the US, so why is it unreasonable to expect them to support more popular brands from those regions. These cards can be purchased quite easily via an internet retailer, and as far as I know these cards have been available for quite sometime (I've had mine for 2 + months). Also if an open source product like media portal can support a card within one month of its release why cant a commercial company?

Dont get me wrong I do like SageTv, especially the stability of the product which is why I moved from Media Portal.
Again maybe I was a bit harsh but as a potential paying customer I do feel that the above email was lacking in helpfull information.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
I'll second that. Sure sometimes you have to decipher Qian's emails but I get the impression that he works his socks off. And he always fixed up all my DVB related issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben
but in saying that it is a piece of software which they expect me to pay for.
If the email they sent me had more of an explanation as to when to expect the card to be on the list of supported products rather than a few lines of broken english text I would proberly not have given it a second thought.
If I was you I'd give Qian a chance to add support for your card. Sage is an excellent piece of software and it'll be worth a short wait...
Old 09-21-2007, 03:23 AM
Sage Icon

Ok. It seems like I may have jumped the gun a bit, but I'm just a little concerned that buying the product may result in me not being able to use my specific hardware. A timeframe for fixing the above problem may also be helpfull not only to me but others who have the same card.

It is however very reasuring that people have jumped to defend Qian very quickly and SageTV's support network.

Regards

jaminben
Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
It is however very reasuring that people have jumped to defend Qian very quickly and SageTV's support network.
jaminben
No problem. It's difficult going when starting with new software.

The fact that you got a response directly from the guy who writes the code for the particular area should tell you lots. I 'd rather have Qian's cryptic repsonses than the polished "thank you for contacting us" type replies sent by not in the know support personnel of some companies.

Last edited by Lucas; 09-21-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I 'd rather have Qian's cryptic repsonses than the polished "thank you for contacting us" type replies sent by not in the know support personnel of some companies.
Exactly my point, how are people to know that Qian is a developer/coder, for all I know he could be a general customer support employee. But I'm glad you have pointed out that he is a developer and look forward to Sage supporting the HVR 4000 in the very near future

Last edited by jaminben; 09-21-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschweig View Post
I was just flicking through the channels in 6.2.5 checking all tuned ok and noticed that sky sports 1 is showing a football match. The game is being shown in a smaller window with other info displayed on graphics around it.

Anybody seen this before? I saw it in 6.2.4 as well.
I resolved this by using a different frequency for Sky Sports 1. Scanning returns several entries for Sky Sports 1 and I found the below one was the best to use

Quote:
CH:401 onid:2 tsid:2023 sid:4914 frq:12148500 rate:27500 mod:20 pol:1 fec_rate_in:2 ctrl:3 #:Sky-Sports-1
Old 06-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Opus,

Are you still after feedback? I'm having a lot of trouble scanning the N.America satellites. I found a few channels one time, but i've never been able to repeat it or find anymore channels. I'm running the latest beta and have configured my .lnb file

LNB setup for Hauppauge 47xxx WinTV Digital Video
sat_no:0
sat_name:"EchoStar (7-119degrees)"
LNB=11250-14350-0 pos:A opt:A

and the predefined freqs

"EchoStar (7-119degrees)"
frq:12370000 rate:20000 mod:20 fec_rate_in:8 pol:2
frq:12370000 rate:20000 mod:32 fec_rate_in:8 pol:2
frq:12370000 rate:20000 mod:20 fec_rate_in:6 pol:2
frq:12370000 rate:20000 mod:32 fec_rate_in:6 pol:2

(i tried a few different fec/modulation types)

This should find the NASA channel carried on Dish Networks system. Any ideas?

M
Old 06-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Administrator

As the first post says, you should submit the info to SageTV for any DVB-S issues, provided you are already using the most recent beta.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Done. I just thought i'd throw it out there to the support forum too incase there is just something funny with my settings. The same settings seem to work fine in MyTheatre.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Sage User

I'm having a few problems with DVB-S before wasting everyone's time I'd like to clarify that the linux version of SageTV does actually support DVB-S. I've found references to people trying to make it work but very little information to make me believe it's a supported part of the product.

I'm using a Hauppauge Nova S card and having tested it with DVB Utils on linux I can tune to channels with szap. When I try to scan for channels from Sage however it finds nothing.

Any advice on what's supported and info which would help me debug this would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Sage User

on windows dvb-s is also supported... with latest beta it works mostly flawless (except one open issue with one specific HDTV channel)

running a technotrend s2-3200 which tunes astra 19.2° even with diseqc switching enabled....

Server: Athlon X2 4850e (2x2,5Ghz); AMD 780G Chipset, 2 Gb RAM ; ATI Radeon HD 3200; Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S + CI, Hauppauge PVR 150 (only as IR receiver)
Winows XP Pro; SageTV v6.4.5
Clients: Placeshifter
Old 07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Sage User

yes - I've tried it with Sage running on Windows and had no problems just can't get the linux box to do the same and can't find any clear statements about DVB-S support under linux