SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error: Failed to Locate GUI Server

Ok, I know this has been a problem before, but my issue appears to be unique. I have a server, and then a client box (placeshifter doesn't work with my remote, but client does) and then two MVP's. One of the MVP's works fine, but the other doesn't. It loads up, appears to grab the client file or whatever, then I get the failed to locate. The other MVP is working fine, so it shouldn't be the server. Also shouldn't be the network cable as I switched the boxes and get the same result, that particular box just isn't working. So does anyone have any ideas? or should I call Hauppage support?

-Todd

<- 2 Wireless MVP's (Running Wired Mode) -> <- 1 Wired MVP ->
Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looking more and more like a hardware issue, won't load up the MVP client either.....

<- 2 Wireless MVP's (Running Wired Mode) -> <- 1 Wired MVP ->
Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3835 View Post
Ok, I know this has been a problem before, but my issue appears to be unique. I have a server, and then a client box (placeshifter doesn't work with my remote, but client does) and then two MVP's. One of the MVP's works fine, but the other doesn't. It loads up, appears to grab the client file or whatever, then I get the failed to locate. The other MVP is working fine, so it shouldn't be the server. Also shouldn't be the network cable as I switched the boxes and get the same result, that particular box just isn't working. So does anyone have any ideas? or should I call Hauppage support?

-Todd
I had that error in spades. Hauppauge will probably tell you to contact SageTV.

Mine stopped doing this when I (1) spent too many hours trying random things, redoing the LAN arrangements, etc.; (2) let the MVP sit un-powered for hours; (3) what worked, perhaps by coincidence and not fault-eliminating, was to move the SageTV Server to a different router's LAN port. A router I had in a junk drawer. Hook MVP to that router. And a SageTV server. Now there are but two things on the router, no IP activity. Have to assure that the SageTV server and router are same subnet. WAN port of router disconnected. Then power off the MVP for a half hour (it must have one of those short time super-capacitors to retain IP address memory for a while). PUt it all back to normal.